Discussion Longies – Most recently worn by each team

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast

View attachment 861038

(AS YET UNKNOWN)

If it helps, here’s who I know has worn longies for the club in the past - I’d find and post photos but I’m on mobile atm. Giving exact designs to make the search easier.

- Scotty Cummings (00 home and Ochre)
- Ash Sampi (Mark of the year)
- Guy McKenna (99 away)
- Brent Staker (03 or 04 heritage)
- Ben Cousins (99 away)
- David Wirrpanda (Ochre)
- Chris Judd (04 away)

If it helps, here’s who I know has worn longies for the club in the past - I’d find and post photos but I’m on mobile atm. Giving exact designs to make the search easier.

- Scotty Cummings (00 home and Ochre)
- Ash Sampi (Mark of the year)
- Guy McKenna (99 away)
- Brent Staker (03 or 04 heritage)
- Ben Cousins (99 away)
- David Wirrpanda (Ochre)
- Chris Judd (04 away)

This is just going to be the last of any longie at the moment.

Although it could develop into last of each design, if the information is available.

This is just going to be the last of any longie at the moment.

Although it could develop into last of each design, if the information is available.

Yeah all good, was moreso just giving the player to make it easier to find the designs. There might have been some longies in the OG wool days but I’m not entirely sure, I know there were retails but unsure about PIs.

Haydos_WCE would probably have the best insight. :)

From memory, Tim Houlihan may have been our last player to wear a longy in a game - Round 14 2008 v Hawthorn at the G.
153424.jpg

From memory, Tim Houlihan may have been our last player to wear a longy in a game - Round 14 2008 v Hawthorn at the G.
153424.jpg

A quick look on AFL Photos shows the same player also wore a longy in Round 20 2009, which I’ve added.

Was Adem Yze the only 3/4 wearer?

Andrew Jarman wore this (presumably custom modified) guernsey in the mid 90s:
A Jarman.jpg

John Heriot had a ¾ longie (seen here) and ½ longie (in other matches) in the 1960s:
Heriot.jpg

And Stephen Milne in a few matches:
Milne ¾.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrew Jarman wore this (presumably custom modified) guernsey in the mid 90s:
View attachment 867485

John Heriot had a ¾ longie (seen here) and ½ longie (in other matches) in the 1960s:
View attachment 867487

And Stephen Milne in a few matches:
View attachment 867489

Robbie Ahmat used to wear 3/4 sleeves at the swans in the late 90’s.

Here’s a 99 Swans jumper with 3/4 sleeves made for Brad Seymour, I remember he used to wear a traditional long sleeve jumper quite often but don’t ever remember him in 3/4. Interesting the sleeves have been put together from off cuts from other jumpers as you can see the top of the QBE sponsorship at the end of the sleeve.

3e2db3f9d4370d73c7db1aaca45abdad.jpg

77698f7dc7b7c76143675160750dfc75.jpg

813bc9ed119bc871fc4234def973105e.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Im pretty sure Robbie Gray's long sleeves are altered to 3/4's and I vaguely remember Seedsman in his first season at Adelaide wearing a 3/4 longie one week and then going on The Rush Hour with Jars and Louie and them all having a laugh because 3/4 sleeves were Jars' thing.
Doesn’t Rory Lobb wear a 3/4?

Maybe it was just XBlades design but I remember his sleeve at GWS were always well short of where you’d expect a longy to finish

Doesn’t Rory Lobb wear a 3/4?

Maybe it was just XBlades design but I remember his sleeve at GWS were always well short of where you’d expect a longy to finish

I browsed through AFLPhotos and it looks like he wears regular-length longies rolled up past the elbows. No picture shows his longie past his elbows, so I don’t know. It could just be his long arms. I need to wear a Large size if I want sleeves to reach my wrists, but I need Medium size for a snug fit around the bod; which makes the sleeves look too short.

Lobb, Gray & Seedsman all have full length longies that are rolled up.

99.99% sure that the days of 3/4 sleeves are gone, as the AFL will fine players for modifying guernseys beyond either short sleeves or long sleeves.

Lobb, Gray & Seedsman all have full length longies that are rolled up.

99.99% sure that the days of 3/4 sleeves are gone, as the AFL will fine players for modifying guernseys beyond either short sleeves or long sleeves.

I don't think that is the case. Essendon are flogging these

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 1.10.47 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 1.10.47 pm.png
    218.5 KB · Views: 53
Adelaide, Carlton, Fremantle, Geelong and St Kilda updated to Round 3 2020.

Last edited:
A couple of Freo players are running around in longies, very unusual to see longies in Queensland even in winter

A couple of Freo players are running around in longies, very unusual to see longies in Queensland even in winter

(gasps)
Longmuir, you are a legend.

Updated now.

(P.S.)
Any temperature under 25°C is longy weather in QLD.
A chilly 16°C at the moment on the Coast.

Last edited:
(gasps)
Longmuir, you are a legend.

AFLPhotos hasn’t added decent pics yet; long shots have #37 Lobb (like in Round 1) and #11, whoever that is.

(P.S.)
Any temperature under 25°C is longy weather in QLD.
A chilly 16°C at the moment on the Coast.

Aish is 11

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back