Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Italian reports that ETH is gone after the FA cup final..
hope not... new manager means some of these players will get the 3rd or 4th chance under a new manager.

If they get a new manage there can't be a clean slate for these players.

Italian reports that ETH is gone after the FA cup final..
hope not... new manager means some of these players will get the 3rd or 4th chance under a new manager.

If they get a new manage there can't be a clean slate for these players.
Squad composition will not be determined by a new manager. Ashworth and Wilcox will be the main drivers of squad development in line with specific and long term football strategies. Sure, a manager, be it EtH or someone else, will have input, but big changes are coming regardless of who the manager is. The open heart surgery that Ragnick flagged as necessary is finally happening.

Squad composition will not be determined by a new manager. Ashworth and Wilcox will be the main drivers of squad development in line with specific and long term football strategies. Sure, a manager, be it EtH or someone else, will have input, but big changes are coming regardless of who the manager is. The open heart surgery that Ragnick flagged as necessary is finally happening.
fingers crossed

ETH also wants control over the squad whereas Ineos has seen that hasn't worked.

If he goes though expect it to be Tuchel or Poch as his replacement.
My god imagine if we have to resort to Poch or Tuchel. He's one of these managers that just keep re-cycling around the top level clubs, doing just enough (or having the right manager) to get another job.

Last edited:
My god imagine if we have to resort to Poch or Tuchel. He's one of these managers that just keep re-cycling around the top level clubs, doing just enough (or having the right right manager) to get another job.

Both are copping it unfairly, both fell for the riches of PSG and realised it's a shit job, both screwed over by a maniacal owner at Chelsea.

of all the candidates available i don't want any of them..
Tuchel, Poch, Potter, De Zerbi, Southgate all don't interest me.

Do they realise no european football next year can be a good thing. You dont need as big a squad and without the mid week games you can train properly.
look at Conte's first year at Chelsea. No european football won the league, then went to shit after than.

Alot of the media lobbying for McKenna as our next manager.

Di Marzio saying ETH is gone at the end of the season but not sure how he would know. Interesting times..
McKenna would get chewed up at united.

If i was him I'd stay at Ipswich. promoted twice in 2 years, you're expected to go down so if you get relegated your reputation is not going to get ruined, keep them up and you're a genius.

Kompany got relegated and now looking like getting the Bayern job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My god imagine if we have to resort to Poch or Tuchel. He's one of these managers that just keep re-cycling around the top level clubs, doing just enough (or having the right manager) to get another job.
I'd like someone in the middle of the road like a de zerbi or even thomas frank something that has a system with success with a mid level club that looks hungry at a chance at the big time.

ETH also wants control over the squad whereas Ineos has seen that hasn't worked.

To be fair though, any decent manager would have insisted on having control when they've seen the shit show Murtough/Arnold/Woodward were running. Obviously ETH didn't do any better but at the end of the day I would have been worried about the ambitions of a manager who didn't want to wrestle control away from the clowns we had running the show.

ETH came from a very rigid system at Ajax where he didn't have any of that control. I suspect if the likes of Ashworth, Wilcox, & Berarda had been here when he arrived then he wouldn't have felt the need to push for it.

I think he should be backed for at least next season. People are quick to forget that last season he got us to 3rd, a Carabao Cup trophy and into a FA Cup final. This season has been a shitshow but we’re into another FA Cup final, will lose it again but City are on another level to us.

Having a horror run with injuries this season also hasn’t helped.

Oh yeh, just about everyone reporting it now. Probably ETH and INEOS have had a gentleman's agreement in place that he would be gone at end of season.

McKenna appointment would mean we are going down a proper rebuild path.

Think most of the media are trying to get in early since the club has held meetings with McKenna's reps story broke. Wait and see, I guess.

Daresay they've held talks with several managers. Not really a secret that ETH is coaching for his job in the cup final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back