Racing March Daily Punt - Speedy squibs and Sydney slop

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee I thought Alizee was disappointing last time out - and to be fair she was disappointing in the last 200 of her first up performance too. Up the rise she looked like the second coming of Winx and I thought she was going to blow them away but she only just held on to win - and then one batted big time next time out - I reckon she'll find the older horses way too tough.

I have to back up on Egg Tart again after the slaughter job first up when she should have bolted in - might even get double figures again.
Thougts Bring Me Roses?

I think the Blue Diamond this year was of poor quality compared to previous years and as such Sydney two year olds have the wood on ours (Vic)

Not a big fan of Sunlight’s quick back up and think Estijaab’s performance when she raced Sunlight was huge mid race and late. Thought Estijaab was always going to struggle last start after such a gut buster but still managed to get it done.

I think quite a bit might depend on speed map but I’m in the Estijaab camp for now

Surely Humidor has to win

Why? Tosen flogged him last start and a small field 1600m sit and sprint hardly seems like the type of race profile that suits him.

Given this is the type of race Tosen normally turns it up in too I might have a few sheckels on Odeon to blouse them both.

I think the Blue Diamond this year was of poor quality compared to previous years and as such Sydney two year olds have the wood on ours (Vic)

Not a big fan of Sunlight’s quick back up and think Estijaab’s performance when she raced Sunlight was huge mid race and late. Thought Estijaab was always going to struggle last start after such a gut buster but still managed to get it done.

I think quite a bit might depend on speed map but I’m in the Estijaab camp for now

Estijaab was hardly impressive last start either - the gut buster idea seems a solid myth - more than likely its just not that good - is it suddenly going to have recovered from that gut buster and improve lengths slipper day?

Not sure how you can say the Sydney horses have the wood on Vic when that random Vic 2yo went huge in winning in Sydney the other weekend and Encryption won the Black Opal on Sunday. I concede that it is totally a Sydney's horses race though so I never back Melbourne runners.

Having said all that I honestly have NFI - I was thinking of buttering up on Performer hoping he'd be double figures but Sydney has gone fap level crazy over his trial in the last few days and now he is second fave? o_O

Very tough betting race

Why? Tosen flogged him last start and a small field 1600m sit and sprint hardly seems like the type of race profile that suits him.

Given this is the type of race Tosen normally turns it up in too I might have a few sheckels on Odeon to blouse them both.
Was hoping Odeon would be completely forgotten in betting, but may still get a decent price.

I know the milkshake man likes padding the win column but there isn't a chance in hell horses like Tosen or Humidor would be running in the Blamey if they were trained by anyone else (well maybe Lloyd - sorry clutchy - hope you didn't take the JV all in).

It's not Winx's fault she doesn't meet decent horses of late when you see placement like this - both should be in the Ryder.

Jesus Christ - only just got around looking at the Valley fields but WTF is Cliff's Edge doing going around in the Alistair Clark - FMD for a bloke who can train at times the milkshake man couldn't place a good horse to save his life.

WTF is he not heading up for the Rosehill Guineas?

Jesus Christ - only just got around looking at the Valley fields but WTF is Cliff's Edge doing going around in the Alistair Clark - FMD for a bloke who can train at times the milkshake man couldn't place a good horse to save his life.

WTF is he not heading up for the Rosehill Guineas?
I would suggest he is the best placer in the business, He actually has a clue about the ability of his horses. Cliffs Edge is meh but still the best 3yo in Melbourne. i would think he would win easily tonight then go into the derby

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would suggest he is the best placer in the business, He actually has a clue about the ability of his horses. Cliffs Edge is meh but still the best 3yo in Melbourne. i would think he would win easily tonight then go into the derby

Won't run 2400m down a well as evidenced by them dodging it in the Spring

I thought they might be running him here and then freshening him up for the QE or Doncaster.

I know if I was an owner I'd be disgusted with running here over heading North.

Won't run 2400m down a well as evidenced by them dodging it in the Spring

I thought they might be running him here and then freshening him up for the QE or Doncaster.

I know if I was an owner I'd be disgusted with running here over heading North.
I doubt he will run 2400 either, but i would trust Weirs opinion, if he thinks he can pick up an easy 120k here rather than travelling for nothing i would do what he suggested. His horses do tend to ho on long winning streaks, more than other trainers. Even when he has 400 in work he still either knows where to place them or hires someone who knows his s**t

I doubt he will run 2400 either, but i would trust Weirs opinion, if he thinks he can pick up an easy 120k here rather than travelling for nothing i would do what he suggested. His horses do tend to ho on long winning streaks, more than other trainers. Even when he has 400 in work he still either knows where to place them or hires someone who knows his s**t

I think the fabric of the sport would be better off having Cliff's Edge in the Guineas on Golden Slipper day personally - as I said - I know what I would prefer if I was an owner.

Found it - not sure if Liefzy's trolling but it was his old fave Palentino! Tally was the Godolphin who went on to place in the Derby

I think Palentino and Cliff's Edge have about equal chance of staying a Derby trip.

I reckon Egg Tart will firm come Saturday. Good overs at the moment still.
for sure
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

will be interesting to see if Cliff's Edge has recovered from his Guineas run, maybe a stint at the beach will have refreshed him

Theanswermyfriend should be clear favourite R7 Flemington.

Has deadset panels on Overshare who fell in after having the run of the race last start. No certainty to run 1400m either.

Theanswermyfriend has had 3 starts at Flemington for 2 highly impressive wins and a narrow loss where he was driven mad in front. I can't believe the price he is.

tenor.gif

Found it - not sure if Liefzy's trolling but it was his old fave Palentino! Tally was the Godolphin who went on to place in the Derby

I think Palentino and Cliff's Edge have about equal chance of staying a Derby trip.

That’s the one. Sun stud silks in later life got me thinking it wasn’t.

Either way very similar profile strange to follow a failed campaign.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back