March Daily Punt - Squib Champions Of The World Apply Within

What excuse does Catauqua have for losing the Newmarket?

• Too much weight

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Track Bias

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Got too far back

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Bumped by Delectation at the start

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Clerk of the course looked at him funny

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Is a cat

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Wayne Hawkes rekt him

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the month when we celebrate the race that has virtually destroyed the Australian racing industry.

Sad-Asian-Girl-Tears-Up-Reaction-Gif.gif

Always happy to take a potential improver in these type of races over horse who are well tried and exposed. Will only be looking at the 3yos myself.
Nothing against Speak Fondly and don't think Kinglike is going here. You can have the other two, will happily say I got it wrong if either win.

Just on the Championships is Q Elizabeth Australias best wfa distance race or does the title still sit with the Cox Plate?

I think the other categories are pretty clear

Best distance race - Melb (Melb Cup)
Best 1600m open hcap - Syd (Doncaster)
Best open sprint - Melb (one of Newmarket, Lightning, Stakes day sprint classic)
Best 2yo - Sydney (Slipper)
Best 3yo classic - Sydney (AJC Derby)
Best 3yo 1600m - Melb (Caulfield Guineas)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has been the main aim for the horse for 3 months now, why on earth have they waited until now to get him here, he hasn't race for nearly a month, just mind boggling stuff from our friends across the ditch.

Just on the Championships is Q Elizabeth Australias best wfa distance race or does the title still sit with the Cox Plate?

Cox Plate still superior for mine. If you've got a chink in your armor you still get found out there which is not the case in the QE (see More Joyous winning as an example). Plus they still seem to be getting the pick of the internationals.

Last year Criterion flogged Red Cadeaux who'd get lapped by Highland Reel over 2000

The lack of international representation this year for QE2 is disappointing. Thought this was the race most likely to grow as a result of the Championships

Probably figure if they wanted their horse to have a swim they could just keep it at home on the water walker instead. It would cost far less.

Cox Plate still superior for mine. If you've got a chink in your armor you still get found out there which is not the case in the QE (see More Joyous winning as an example). Plus they still seem to be getting the pick of the internationals.

Last year Criterion flogged Red Cadeaux who'd get lapped by Highland Reel over 2000

I see your more joyous and raise you a shamus award and pinker pinker

At least Shamus Award and Pinker Pinker were made to earn their wins, when MJ won the QE they other jocks might as well have been in the stand watching her go around.

Let's be fair it's a new Queen Elizabeth since the champs.

I still find it funny they decided that was the race they wanted to make their big one. 2000m Wfa. Little brother syndrome much.

Why not put up a $5m TJ or large Wfa mile but nope we have to directly compete with VR. Could have blown the Newmarket/Classic out of the water as the race in the world for sprinters. Bunch of *******s

Back