Player Watch Mark Keane - Welcome to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Likes the first handball give option and has good peripheral vision.
Highlights only I know, but don't think Hartigan or Frampton would have a similar package.
Also has some athleticism by the looks, unlike Fischer who looked stiff and always fell over.
In fairness to Frampton, that one match against the Bulldogs last year was a highlights package of its own.
Keane shows some natural skills. We are lucky we don't have to teach him the basics. I think maybe a winner.

Likes the first handball give option and has good peripheral vision.
Highlights only I know, but don't think Hartigan or Frampton would have a similar package.
Also has some athleticism by the looks, unlike Fischer who looked stiff and always fell over.
Yes, he always seemed to handball to someone in a good position, unlike many of our side.

Was thinking simila, seems to know where teammates are, and handball options good

If game sense and decision making were his weaknesses, then looking at that vision he improved greatly in those areas.

Kicking on either side of the body fine, bit of mongrel.

Got a good feeling about this one.

If game sense and decision making were his weaknesses, then looking at that vision he improved greatly in those areas.

Kicking on either side of the body fine, bit of mongrel.

Got a good feeling about this one.

Like his athleticism. Handball game seems pretty good. Holds on to it long enough to draw players to him and so he give the recipient a bit more space to work with. If he can get up to speed this year fairly quickly, I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a look at him in the afl team for a few matches. On a one year contract, I think they probably committed to giving him at least a few afl games. (But that’s what I thought re Turner!)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Like his athleticism. Handball game seems pretty good. Holds on to it long enough to draw players to him and so he give the recipient a bit more space to work with. If he can get up to speed this year fairly quickly, I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a look at him in the afl team for a few matches. On a one year contract, I think they probably committed to giving him at least a few afl games. (But that’s what I thought re Turner!)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes, we need a centre half back who will provide us more run than Butts/Murray, who are more lockdown types.

I’m all for running defenders
When we had our best defence, we had attacking defenders with the likes of Hart, Smart, Caven, etc who were loved to roam forward... but were equally adept to defend when needed.

Also, flexibility to play on smaller & taller forwards... again more like the current Cats model.

When we had our best defence, we had attacking defenders with the likes of Hart, Smart, Caven, etc who were loved to roam forward... but were equally adept to defend when needed.

Also, flexibility to play on smaller & taller forwards... again more like the current Cats model.
Puts doubt in the forwards mind, can change how they play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not great game sense, should go well then lining up next to Jones.

In all seriousness, that’s understandable given he’s new to the game, query is whether he can develop it
They can start standing next to each other and then when they run in opposite directions we will have quite a lot of the field covered

Bloody hell, he kicks the Aussie ball like he was brought up doing it. Nothing like Mason Cox, Tuohy, etc.... He looks a real likely get.
Did you notice the highlights excluded the set shot after taking the grab 40 out 🤣
makes me reserve judgement on his kicking a little!

he has a very distinct movement to his run that all I can describe as looks very ‘Irish’ (in the sense something about it reminds me of other Irish AFL players. Like that tuck yourself in, take it on and be poised for a handball to another runner. if He comes on should add a real dynamic element to our half back line

Did you notice the highlights excluded the set shot after taking the grab 40 out 🤣
makes me reserve judgement on his kicking a little!

he has a very distinct movement to his run that all I can describe as looks very ‘Irish’ (in the sense something about it reminds me of other Irish AFL players. Like that tuck yourself in, take it on and be poised for a handball to another runner. if He comes on should add a real dynamic element to our half back line
Finished equal second in the draft combine for goal kicking accuracy.

He looks like a cross between a quicker and more skilled right footed Jake Kelly and a much tougher, better looking and less selfish Josh Jenkins. Bout time we got a player who is athletic, talented and is over 160 cms.

Hopefully for u guys he doesn't leave back to Ireland just before finals start again ;)
Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back