Toast Marley Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't watched the game yet, what are his best attributes?
I don't think anyone is saying that he smashed it but the thing that I was taken by and I believe most would agree was his composure and execution under pressure. You don't expect a debutant to come out and just look like he's been there for a couple of years. My "Development Season" thread isn't starting to look all that silly now I reckon. Looking surprisingly similar to our 2010 development season! ;)

Marley reminds me a lot of a young Ben Johnson, even has those funny left foot helicopters which seem to find their way to its target. Could be a very handy back pocket/midfielder.

Couldn't have come along at a better time.

as a replacement for injuries, yes
as another rotation for the mids, not a good time.

I have a dog called Marley. He thought he was getting a lot of encouragement last night.

is he an inside dog or an outside dog ? ;)

I don't think anyone is saying that he smashed it but the thing that I was taken by and I believe most would agree was his composure and execution under pressure. You don't expect a debutant to come out and just look like he's been there for a couple of years. My "Development Season" thread isn't starting tolook all that silly now I reckon. Looking surprisingly similar to our 2010 development season! ;)

Good summation of Bob's game. I said previously that he looks a bit cocky, in a good way. Amazing to look so composed in the type of game it was.

I wonder how he lasted to our 2nd pick in the rookie draft. Wasn't he playing fairly well against grown men in the WAFL? Can the experts on these matters answer this?

Re your development thread, i don't remember it. Might be time for a glory bump.:p

The kid is a fierce competitor, not unlike Beams in his first year. He was right at home during that Adelaide game. He needs to work on his kicking, but its nice to know you have a player like that to fall back on in big games if injuries arise. I wouldn't hesitate giving him a crack in finals, just suits him.

Reminds me of Ray Shaw

Hope he brings in the same tough nuggety attitude

Great debut and looks seasoned already

He looked good in his first NAB Cup game and had a solid debut. Plenty to work with. It will be interesting to see how he back up in game 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back