Marriage equality debate - The plebiscite is on its way. (Cont in Pt 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have responded to that post.
You did not respond to carloss' post. You responded to my post in another thread, complaining that the AMA wasn't broad enough in their statement.

You don't debate in good faith.

You did not respond to carloss' post. You responded to my post in another thread, complaining that the AMA wasn't broad enough in their statement.

You don't debate in good faith.

Yes, I discussed carloss' post.

'As for that post, yes I don't think they have an agenda, there is a documented higher suicide rate amongst homosexuals.'

AMA throws its weight behind same-sex marriage, declares it a health issue

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...clares-it-a-health-issue-20170518-gw7qi8.html

Dr Brad McKay, Professor Kerryn Phelps AM, Liam Mason, Dr Joe Monteith and Ashna Basu gather in Sydney ahead of the release of the AMA's new position on same-sex marriage.

There is a new President who is not gay. Is she holding a gun to his head demanding he supports SSM? Ofcourse not.

Because some members and former members of the AMA are gay you now think their opinions can be discarded. Keep living in your happy little echo chamber then.

It's all a big conspiracy!!
When she was helping those attacked by the dastardly Mussies she was an Australian hero, but she's just promoting an agenda when arguing for the same rights as the people whose lives she saved. Go figure that.

It's all a big conspiracy!!

Funnily (and ironically), would it be the neoconservative views that has evolved the viewpoints against the "neoconservative agenda"? That is, conservatism has created the pushback. After enough time of a government calling their own people "see you en tees" on a regular basis, the people eventually evolve strategies / ideologies to push back. The "leftist conspiracy" grows with every push.

You and Gough need to get over yourselves. A postal plebiscite on SSM is happening with or without you!

Well, hopefully it won't happen as it's a waste of money and a terrible precedent going forward, but aside from that if it is going forward then I think you're probably right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funnily (and ironically), would it be the neoconservative views that has evolved the viewpoints against the "neoconservative agenda"? That is, conservatism has created the pushback. After enough time of a government calling their own people "see you en tees" on a regular basis, the people eventually evolve strategies / ideologies to push back. The "leftist conspiracy" grows with every push.

" Don't Tread on Me " indeed :D

Perhaps a certain Political Party is using the plebishite to test the political waters, a certain political party would not enjoy too many votes going to all the other conservative parties that have sprung up all over the place since Trump won the US election. I've never seen so many conservative twits before (on Twitter). Could this be a bit like a poll? If the vote is "no" do we see the return of the dark days of 2013 - 2015 Australian politics? I think Trump better brace himself, if he believes Turnbull to be worse than he is, imagine when he gets off the phone to Abbott.

Jazz **** are on me. This is a bloody stupid policy but we might as well have fun while we're at it.
I was actually serious about attending, but okay, never had one of those ciggies. Count me in.

It's actually in the coalition's interest if it passes imo. In a year it will then be more or less forgotten in the political sense. If not and it drags on and then becomes an election issue there's no winners there except Shorten.

I really don't know which way its gonna go down tbh. I think it will be a yes majority but...not entirely sure.

They do. The church down the road from me has a refugee welcome center, and during the Tampa bullshit they and other churches made a point of saying that refugees were welcome, when Howard was calling them 'illegal immigrants'.

Not to mention there are Christian politicians arguing for SSM as well. Why demonise an entire religion just because there are some Christians who don't want it? It's unnecessarily clumsy and hateful.

Last edited:
They do. The church down the road from me has a refugee welcome center.

I wish they'd pass this sentiment onto the rest of the onward christian soldiers brigade like Bernardi, Abetz, Abbott and Co.

Thats the problem. The noisy minority in the Christian community give the rest a bad name (much like the Islamic community). Most Christians are good people, no matter how silly I think their religion is.

They do. The church down the road from me has a refugee welcome center, and during the Tampa bullshit they and other churches made a point of saying that refugees were welcome, when Howard was calling them 'illegal immigrants'.

Not to mention there are Christian politicians arguing for SSM as well. Why demonise an entire religion just because there are some Christians who don't want it? It's unnecessarily clumsy and hateful.

Real Christians versus fake Christians, it is just that somehow only the fake ones end up in parliament.

I wish they'd pass this sentiment onto the rest of the onward christian soldiers brigade like Bernardi, Abetz, Abbott and Co.

Thats the problem. The noisy minority in the Christian community give the rest a bad name (much like the Islamic community). Most Christians are good people, no matter how silly I think their religion is.

You want them back in their closet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back