Game Day Marsh Series - Carlton v Fremantle Saturday 29 Feb 7.10pm (EST) @ David Grays Arena

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Warnock Rivalry?

I'll never forget the image of Robbie sitting on the bench midgame in Brisbane one sunny afternoon , with his legs crossed and looking for all the world like his one wish was not to get back on the ground but to be brought a nice cup o tea.

No injury, just completely uninterested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like Freo need Fyfe more than we need Cripps. If that's possible...

Good point and that then raises the question; Who'll be asked to take on the gap left by Cripps.
I think it will be Setterfield and this alone will make this game worthy of watching.

Last weeks game (first couple of quarters) had Cripps, Setterfield, Murphy and Walsh mostly contesting in the centre square.
I'd like to see a Setterfield, Walsh and Cuningham/Dow combination mostly involved this week.

Good point and that then raises the question; Who'll be asked to take on the gap left by Cripps.
I think it will be Setterfield and this alone will make this game worthy of watching.

Last weeks game (first couple of quarters) had Cripps, Setterfield, Murphy and Walsh mostly contesting in the centre square.
I'd like to see a Setterfield, Walsh and Cuningham/Dow combination mostly involved this week.
Perfect chance to audition the kids. Setters, Walsh, Stocker, Dow, Kennedy, Cuningham and of course Fisher, with a possible Philp cameo. Give Murph and Ed more peripheral duties for the day. No Fyfe and Walters, with Mundy still not back means a comparative line up for Freo. Blakely, Acres, Brayshaw, Cerra, Tucker and Serong the more obvious ones.

When we played Freo without Cripps last year, we went with experience.

That was the match that Ed Curnow got a bazillion clearances and Murphy ran riot. IIRC.

If this was for premiership points, I'd expect to see those two in the centre again with Walsh and Setterfield. With cameos from others.

Given this is pre-season, you might get your wish of seeing 'the midfield of the future' get a run.

When we played Freo without Cripps last year, we went with experience.
That was the match that Ed Curnow got a bazillion clearances and Murphy ran riot. IIRC.
If this was for premiership points, I'd expect to see those two in the centre again with Walsh and Setterfield. With cameos from others.
Given this is pre-season, you might get your wish of seeing 'the midfield of the future' get a run.

Yep. Reckon this is what we'll see.
Maybe one more game for Murphy and the other one for ECurnow. Can't see the point of having them both involved in both games.

Let's give Setterfield some confidence and a bit of a load to carry...let Walsh be Walsh...and if we are to give Cuningham and Dow midfield minutes, let's do it across the next two practice matches. Maybe a bit of Fisher also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back