Shield Match 11: New South Wales vs Victoria, Sydney Cricket Ground, 17th-20th February, 10:30 am AEDT

More points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Shows where the NSW (Aust) bowling attack is at. Couldn't beat India's B side and struggled to beat an inexperienced VIC side. You could argue Cummins might have made a difference, but shows Starc, Lyon and to a much lesser extent Hazlewood are nowhere near International level atm.

DaY0jDpVwAAF25-.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shows where the NSW (Aust) bowling attack is at. Couldn't beat India's B side and struggled to beat an inexperienced VIC side. You could argue Cummins might have made a difference, but shows Starc, Lyon and to a much lesser extent Hazlewood are nowhere near International level atm.
TBF, Lyon couldn't do much more, taking 10/78.
Starc on the other hand.

Lets be positive,well done Victoria on a wonderful win.

TBF, Lyon couldn't do much more, taking 10/78.
Starc on the other hand.
Pitch set up for Lyon in NSW
bowled crap in England and again here against India
selectors /coach failed to play a leggie/ LAO
( dont forget it was always Tims fault ) !

Big wins for the Vics. Pretty poor outing for NSW. Good to see some younger guys getting amongst the performances - Fraser-McGurk, Perry. Maddinson (not younger anymore) continuing to light his name up. I've always said he is one of the peak talents of batting in Australia, so it would be a shame if those 3 horrid tests are all we ever get to see at the top level..

Don't think NSW can persist with the five front line bowlers. Got to make a tough call on Copeland or Abbott. I can't see Starc getting dropped from NSW - but to be honest I'd be placing him behind those two for now. If they do stick with five bowlers + Moises, Solway should come back in anyway and be opening.

This season's shield blown wide open with this result.
Lyon and to a much lesser extent Hazlewood are nowhere near International level atm.
:drunk::oops:. Haze is easily international standard. This is currently, and at any point in the last five years.

Lyon had a bad summer no doubt. Only seen highlights from this match and he looked good. Next Ashes is a looong way off, but Lyon bowling well will only be a good thing for us. Even at his peak, I can't see him spinning us to an Ashes win, but peak Lyon is a pretty big advantage over anything I can see the English serving up on Australian wickets.

Now I know what it's like to be an Indian fan & hoping Starc keeps getting picked :)
The spud is now a grade bowler but will keep getting picked for Australia.

Pitch set up for Lyon in NSW
bowled crap in England and again here against India
selectors /coach failed to play a leggie/ LAO
( dont forget it was always Tims fault ) !
I was talking about the Shield game.
I agree, internationally he's fallen off a cliff.

I'm not a Paine basher but he did win the toss in the last Ashes test and he decided to bowl first
on a hunch when it was decided we would've batted.

That was costly.

Big wins for the Vics. Pretty poor outing for NSW. Good to see some younger guys getting amongst the performances - Fraser-McGurk, Perry. Maddinson (not younger anymore) continuing to light his name up. I've always said he is one of the peak talents of batting in Australia, so it would be a shame if those 3 horrid tests are all we ever get to see at the top level..

Don't think NSW can persist with the five front line bowlers. Got to make a tough call on Copeland or Abbott. I can't see Starc getting dropped from NSW - but to be honest I'd be placing him behind those two for now. If they do stick with five bowlers + Moises, Solway should come back in anyway and be opening.

This season's shield blown wide open with this result.

:drunk::oops:. Haze is easily international standard. This is currently, and at any point in the last five years.

Lyon had a bad summer no doubt. Only seen highlights from this match and he looked good. Next Ashes is a looong way off, but Lyon bowling well will only be a good thing for us. Even at his peak, I can't see him spinning us to an Ashes win, but peak Lyon is a pretty big advantage over anything I can see the English serving up on Australian wickets.

Starc should be the first one to go.
If he isnt then Copeland will be they will keep abbott in for his batting and fielding ability.

Back