Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to the players for digging deep and retrieving what was a likely loss.

Absolute irrefutable proof that the squad is being poorly coached. Must go.

The issue is we are poorly coached by game day tactics and an over reliance on senior players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outsmarted and outgunned by a fly a few weeks ago.

The battle with the can of Pepsi was a highlight of this week.

I called it at the time when the club announced Curtin will be playing in the showdown, There was an unusual quietness from Nicks. He has usually been the first to do the PR campaign around a debutant. To me this was extremely noticeable and spoke volumes.

I do not think Nicks ever wanted to select Curtin, he purely did it because like usual he is afraid of his job and the media noise around Curtin and he felt he had no choice .

Nicks set him up for failure by using him in deep defence which was always what he wants from tall players as he doesn't like them around the ground. Curtin is a tall running player and barely ever played deep defence ever. So the persistance to have him deep defence in the Sanfl told volumes. He just saw a tall player, thought deep defence and didn't give a flying crap about anything else.

I also believe Nicks had every intention of subbing Curtin off in both games. By playing him in deep defence against bigger bodies was deliberate to have him fail and to have players like Smith and Nankervis as sub was a give away. I have no doubt this was all about exposing Curtin as not ready so he can banish him to the Sanfl.

Back