Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Body language is key in Nicks presser.
Normally minimal movement, check out the involuntary stuff which says he really has no clue why this is happening.
He's leaned heavily into his core beliefs on what he thinks will make the team succeed and we've looked worse than ever. He's in the denial stage I would guess, he'll be telling himself he made the right moves, they just need more time to click.

So that means minimal personnel changes, stick to your guns, he's not being stubborn, he's doing the right thing, it'll work eventually.

He's leaned heavily into his core beliefs on what he thinks will make the team succeed and we've looked worse than ever. He's in the denial stage I would guess, he'll be telling himself he made the right moves, they just need more time to click.

So that means minimal personnel changes, stick to your guns, he's not being stubborn, he's doing the right thing, it'll work eventually.
You know what hasn't worked Nicksy? Laird, Crouch and Dawson at 90% of CBs.

Body language is key in Nicks presser.
Normally minimal movement, check out the involuntary stuff which says he really has no clue why this is happening.
Angry Box GIF by Percolate Galactic

Honestly the amount of times we completely miss targets, it's no wonder we can't score. Skills are an absolute joke, even when under no direct pressure
Hinge smith milera dawson laird rachele ROB pedlar none of these guys can hit a barn. And when it starts happening our response is to slow play up and look for easy targets. Which makes going forward harder because 15 opposition players are in front of them all of a sudden
Yes. And add to that the lack of spacial awareness and the greater desire of the opposition and we continually turn the ball over in the tackle and have to work overtime to try and stop a score happening from it.

Read our Constitution, we can't get the board member related at this point. We are controlled by the AFL until 2028.

Even if it’s totally immovable until then, there still needs to be a push now, it needs to be a point of public discussion, these people need to be named and discussed.

Even if it’s totally immovable until then, there still needs to be a push now, it needs to be a point of public discussion, these people need to be named and discussed.
Agreed. The average supporter wouldn't even know. And half of them wouldn't see the issue once they did know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you would have sacked him end of last year as well?

Actually I was in the hold off camp after the end of the year but was firmly in the sack Nicks camp throughout the year. Why? the constant selection of the same 25 players on rotation regardless win / loss and form. As the club hadn't sacked him by the end of the year, I moved into the see the start of the year out and see his performance with a team he backed in for finals. He darn stuffed up!

The club even more so, screwed the pooch. I don't know whose decision it was to sign Nicks but the fact they claim to be football people makes it concerning as to the quality of our decision makers when it comes to making football decisions.

Sadly, after the abuse Roo has copped for the rebuild and review, i have a strong suspicion he was too scared to pull the trigger on Nicks sacking for his own brand and its now cost him. Its a professional sport, why the hell does the AFL persist in protecting feelings.

Im convinced thats a troll account

There are genuinely people out there that are so involved with drinking the koolaid they think we have a 2020 style young squad and Nicks is the savior. Yet Nicks is also the one who threw development of the young players out the window, drafted Burgess instead of giving Gollant a season in the firsts. Our happy clappers have to be the worst and most uneducated buffoons in the league.

Now this is why you don’t re-sign a coach early who hasn’t made finals yet.

These *******s at the club who didn’t want the noise, what are you hearing now?

The ridiculous part of it was the Power gave us an exact template on how it should have been handled. This makes it so inexcusable.

If things went to s**t with Hinkley last year and he was unsigned, it would have been just a very open separation, just mature and grown up. The board wouldn't have really needed to have made a decision, everyone would have known his time was up.

He would have left and it would have been a bit of a nothing story.

Now this is why you don’t re-sign a coach early who hasn’t made finals yet.

These *******s at the club who didn’t want the noise, what are you hearing now?

We are likely to be 0-5 and the noise will only get louder.

I can't fathom why you would be compelled to make a decision now after one round.

Actually I was in the hold off camp after the end of the year but was firmly in the sack Nicks camp throughout the year. Why? the constant selection of the same 25 players on rotation regardless win / loss and form. As the club hadn't sacked him by the end of the year, I moved into the see the start of the year out and see his performance with a team he backed in for finals. He darn stuffed up!

The club even more so, screwed the pooch. I don't know whose decision it was to sign Nicks but the fact they claim to be football people makes it concerning as to the quality of our decision makers when it comes to making football decisions.

Sadly, after the abuse Roo has copped for the rebuild and review, i have a strong suspicion he was too scared to pull the trigger on Nicks sacking for his own brand and its now cost him. Its a professional sport, why the hell does the AFL persist in protecting feelings.
Same, my initial response was to another poster who said he would have sacked Nicks at the end of last year but then he also said he didn't even wanted to hire him in the first place. My thought was his stubbornness to make obvious changes last year cost him a Final series and the same thing would get him in trouble this year but I didn't expect this would be as major as a complete change of the game plan to more defense which the players haven't been used to in the last few years and obvious doesn't suit the combination of Laird and Crouch in the middle.

Remember when we had an elitist attitude and we ran a coach out of town in the mid 90s over a two year stint of 17 and 27 win loss record. ahh, good times as a supporter group. Demanded the best. Now we are just a bunch of mediocre supporters just happy our club was invited to play a game. Im surprised out supporters haven't demanded participation trophies for all players in the league at the end of the year.

Back