Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide's rebuild?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know why you keep pretending to act like you care, only to immediately make a derogatory comment in an after-post?

If I misinterpret your quote then explain to me, stop being ass about it.
I made the mistake of wasting my time writing one serious hopefully helpful comment.

You deliberately misinterpreted it. So wildly there’s no way it wasn’t deliberate. I don’t think you are commenting on good faith. Moving on.

Nicks comes across as a genuine bloke who has the pedigree to become a good afl coach. Until we see what happens in the next 2 years we simply cant rate him. I expect us to have somewhat of a bounce back year with some new faces and youth to reinvigorate our team.
His biggest tests will be..
How to adjust on gameday without experience in the coaching box.
Refraining from bringing in older players that wont be involved in our next flag and keeping the view of building for the future.
Re jigging the game plan to erase pykes robotic chip crap style.

Nicks comes across as a genuine bloke who has the pedigree to become a good afl coach. Until we see what happens in the next 2 years we simply cant rate him. I expect us to have somewhat of a bounce back year with some new faces and youth to reinvigorate our team.
Refraining from bringing in older players that wont be involved in our next flag and keeping the view of building for the future.
Are you talking about players like Talia, Tex, Sloane

He hasn't got many older players to bring back in, I think DMac is the only over 30 on the list at the beginning of the year.

Also, he's got experience in the box plus he's been in the AFL system 8 years himself.

I do agree though, he will be hard to judge until.we bed down a system. If we lose I want to see us lose with style and some fight. Young kids will revert back to what they know when theyre under the pump, so if what they have learned is good enough then that holds us in good stead.

“The club is promoting him”, suggests you think he’s being a paid actor and not showing his true colours in front of the camera?
Anyway, the club has shown a couple of several short clips on Nicks. Hardly over the top gimmick when a new coach arrives.
I'm not saying he's acting. I'm not making any judgements about Nicks at all because it's way too early. I'm just saying the club is trying very hard to push a certain narrative about Nicks. I already said I think it's mostly standard fare but there are fans with legitimate grievances with the club and they aren't obligated to lap up every bit of PR the club shits out. If the Crows wanted that level of trust, maybe they shouldn't have spent the last 2 years lying out of their asses.

My feel on Nick's is who is around him will end up making or breaking him. Mind you that could be said about everyone bar Clarkson. In saying that, providing we are willing to put our money where our mouth is and Nick's is capable of honest self reflection during the season, the lack of experience may end up being a boon.

Of course if not, it'll blow up spectacularly.

That said, right now all I want is someone with the capability to look past the 'anything can happen' and the 'one week at a time' bullshit and show some good forward planning.

He hasn't got many older players to bring back in, I think DMac is the only over 30 on the list at the beginning of the year.

Also, he's got experience in the box plus he's been in the AFL system 8 years himself.

I do agree though, he will be hard to judge until.we bed down a system. If we lose I want to see us lose with style and some fight. Young kids will revert back to what they know when theyre under the pump, so if what they have learned is good enough then that holds us in good stead.
Mackay and Gibbs are over 30. Sloane is 30 and Tex turns 30 in the first month of the season.

(Technically Sloane is 29 now but will be 30 at the start of the season. Same with Gibbs who will be 31)

Mackay and Gibbs are over 30. Sloane is 30 and Tex turns 30 in the first month of the season.

(Technically Sloane is 29 now but will be 30 at the start of the season. Same with Gibbs who will be 31)
So 2 A graders and Gibbs who wasn't in the side much this year anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My feel on Nick's is who is around him will end up making or breaking him. Mind you that could be said about everyone bar Clarkson. In saying that, providing we are willing to put our money where our mouth is and Nick's is capable of honest self reflection during the season, the lack of experience may end up being a boon.

Of course if not, it'll blow up spectacularly.

That said, right now all I want is someone with the capability to look past the 'anything can happen' and the 'one week at a time' bullshit and show some good forward planning.
Yeah and they’ve got a probable yes man to Roo and Chapman as the “interim” HOF.
Glad most people realise the sleight of hand comment by the club that the list is rejuvenating rapidly is being seen through and the Admin is still under the gun.

You think your posting has got to the level where you can lay traps?
Re the question to you was directed around Realist vs Pessimist, as most Realist are pessimists. or fence-sitters. I was curious which one you were, A true realist can look forward and backwards. Forward is the key in our conversation.

As for the trap part that came later, As I have found out when dealing with people Like Sanders one needs to ensure, you have readily available information on hand. whether you use it or sit back and have a laugh is another matter.

Anyway vestra frui diem

FFS you’re trying to give credence to fortune cookie level platitudes as if they mean something

why not ask him which Harry Potter house he belongs to or which friends character he is most like?
I'm a Ravenclaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back