Mature Age Recruits

Remove this Banner Ad

Would Mav Weller be worth a look , has played some decent footy , I’d reckon 2-3 of 8 plus new faces will be mature age , this guy would be better than most vfl names put up , would be itching to play for tigers , him and lachie big fans
Probably against popular opinion but I agree. He was a big part of the saints improvement a couple of years ago when he just played a role for them. Never going to be a star but could absolutely play a role for us if we had a few injuries. Would only consider as a rookie spot tho.

callum coleman jones, some one said ,wont be able to get to A grade in AFL, can tell you ,thats not what the club thinks,tiges think his ceiling as a ruck in the AFL is at the A GRADE LEVEL, the club is just as excited for jones potential as they are for Balta, the guys expect jones to become a leader at richmond, so much does coleman jones excite the tiges, that they have played him 2 out of 3 games for the whole season,eventually we will have a fantastic afl ruchman who can also play forward at b grade level, get excited guys,tiges certainly are.

callum coleman jones, some one said ,wont be able to get to A grade in AFL, can tell you ,thats not what the club thinks,tiges think his ceiling as a ruck in the AFL is at the A GRADE LEVEL, the club is just as excited for jones potential as they are for Balta, the guys expect jones to become a leader at richmond, so much does coleman jones excite the tiges, that they have played him 2 out of 3 games for the whole season,eventually we will have a fantastic afl ruchman who can also play forward at b grade level, get excited guys,tiges certainly are.
I’d hazard a guess the nuffy that said it had never seen him play , believe me , it happens

Article from the Tiges website -

Although Richmond traded out four players during this year’s AFL trade period – Anthony Miles, Corey Ellis, Sam Lloyd and Tyson Stengle – the Club’s depth of playing talent is far from shallow.

That foursome managed just 12 senior games between throughout the 2018 season (Lloyd seven, Ellis four, Miles one and Stengle none).

In comparison, four other young Tigers – Callum Moore (six), Connor Menadue (five), Shai Bolton (three) and Liam Baker (three) – combined for a total of 17 senior appearances.

Moore, Menadue, Bolton and Baker, plus other talented youngsters in Ryan Garthwaite, Oleg Markov, Noah Balta and Patrick Naish, appear ready to step up next season if required.

Throw in the possibility of some mature-aged, ready-to-go recruits arriving at Punt Road via the upcoming AFL drafts, and Richmond will enter the 2019 season with solid playing depth.

Article from the Tiges website -

Although Richmond traded out four players during this year’s AFL trade period – Anthony Miles, Corey Ellis, Sam Lloyd and Tyson Stengle – the Club’s depth of playing talent is far from shallow.

That foursome managed just 12 senior games between throughout the 2018 season (Lloyd seven, Ellis four, Miles one and Stengle none).

In comparison, four other young Tigers – Callum Moore (six), Connor Menadue (five), Shai Bolton (three) and Liam Baker (three) – combined for a total of 17 senior appearances.

Moore, Menadue, Bolton and Baker, plus other talented youngsters in Ryan Garthwaite, Oleg Markov, Noah Balta and Patrick Naish, appear ready to step up next season if required.

Throw in the possibility of some mature-aged, ready-to-go recruits arriving at Punt Road via the upcoming AFL drafts, and Richmond will enter the 2019 season with solid playing depth.
I posted in the other thread but that is a seriously stupid article and I hope the club aren't as delusional as that. 2 small forwards, a third talk and a back flanker are not even adequate replacements for 3 genuine midfielders. We need to find 2 vfl gems minimum as depth or we are screwed

I posted in the other thread but that is a seriously stupid article and I hope the club aren't as delusional as that. 2 small forwards, a third talk and a back flanker are not even adequate replacements for 3 genuine midfielders. We need to find 2 vfl gems minimum as depth or we are screwed
Stop talking up miles Cellis and conca like they were irreplaceable, with the greatest respect to them all we could comfortably replace their outputs with DFA , naturally we re hoping to better them

Darcy Fort from sanfl could be a option tall ruckman backup.Fort been in sanfl for 3 seasons in 205cm and mobile to.Jordan Keras from cats vfl side inside midfielder is highly rated to.

Stop talking up miles Cellis and conca like they were irreplaceable, with the greatest respect to them all we could comfortably replace their outputs with DFA , naturally we re hoping to better them
They weren't irreplaceable, but the issue is that we haven't replaced them, random pick 60 18 year olds aren't going to replace players with hardened afl bodies like miles conga and Lloyd (Ellis can * off)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They weren't irreplaceable, but the issue is that we haven't replaced them, random pick 60 18 year olds aren't going to replace players with hardened afl bodies like miles conga and Lloyd (Ellis can **** off)
Well they did have their chances...
Time to move on/cull/turnover and upgrade...

They weren't irreplaceable, but the issue is that we haven't replaced them, random pick 60 18 year olds aren't going to replace players with hardened afl bodies like miles conga and Lloyd (Ellis can **** off)
DFA stands for delisted free agents , from nov 1st it’s open season Example , Tom Sheridan has played more decent senior footy than cellis , we could sign him for peanuts and so on, they ain’t 18 pick 60s

3 genuine midfielders , conca was the only one that played reg , to the chagrin of many. Cellis was completely incapable in that role,in senior company , Lloyd more a high HF , handy but not irreplaceable

3 genuine midfielders , conca was the only one that played reg , to the chagrin of many. Cellis was completely incapable in that role,in senior company , Lloyd more a high HF , handy but not irreplaceable
Lachy Shultz from Williamstown would be a great pickup played 2 great games against Richmond vfl, good pressure forward that can play mid, good replacement for Stengel/Lloyd provides great depth. Williamstown have a good alignment with Richmond picking up lambert and Marcon recently.

Lachy Shultz from Williamstown would be a great pickup played 2 great games against Richmond vfl, good pressure forward that can play mid, good replacement for Stengel/Lloyd provides great depth. Williamstown have a good alignment with Richmond picking up lambert and Marcon recently.

Our alignment with the Gold Coast Fc is even better:D

As long as it is not Carlton

There is another ruck in the sanfl won the flag with Nth Adelaide only 20 yrs old 202cm Jordan Sweet perfect late pick.

No we're looking for upgrades on those guys. We have young depth pushing up already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back