Oppo Camp Max Lynch (Traded to Hawks 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Only if you aren't following the conversation properly.

Yeah bullshit. When there are lots of divergent conversations happening it does get confusing.

Only if you aren't following the conversation properly.

Well I put some people on my Ignore List so I might miss some people's posts.

Also I tend to Skim thru Threads at time and I can get miss the Point at some People's Posts

I had a heap of the Under 18 Championship game on IQ and watched the allies v Vic Country today..

Lynch got smashed by Darcy who got drafted by Freo. Be interesting to see how he goes in the VFL against the bigger bodies.

I think it will be a few years before he is even VFL standard.

Hopefully the kid proves me wrong.

I had a heap of the Under 18 Championship game on IQ and watched the allies v Vic Country today..

Lynch got smashed by Darcy who got drafted by Freo. Be interesting to see how he goes in the VFL against the bigger bodies.

Going what the Video said when he was Drafted.

They sound like he was coming from way back but Imporvement was strong during the Season. So club think it will Continue.

From the All-Star game at end of Season:

Video of him Getting Drafted:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-11-28/our-ultimate-rookie-draft-review

Darcy was one of the first rucks taken in the nd while lynch was one of the last taken in the rookie draft. Of course he's likely to be the better player.

We don't need a darcy though. Grundy would keep him out of the team and he'd have to leave a few years later like witts did

Darcy and English could turn out worse than Lynch. You just don't know looking at their junior footy highlights. By contrast McCubbage has 200 AFL games of footy written all over him. That's the way it is with midfielders. Ruckmen are totally different. Both Cox at WCE and Sandilands at Freemantle were initially rookied. I hope we persevere with Lynch because he has the body to become an AFL ruckman. It may take 3-4 years before he gets going, but the potential rewards for putting him on the rookie list, outway the risks in having a footballer on your list, who isn't going to see much AFL footy for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy and English could turn out worse than Lynch. You just don't know looking at their junior footy highlights. By contrast McCubbage has 200 AFL games of footy written all over him. That's the way it is with midfielders. Ruckmen are totally different. Both Cox at WCE and Sandilands at Freemantle were initially rookied. I hope we persevere with Lynch because he has the body to become an AFL ruckman. It may take 3-4 years before he gets going, but the potential rewards for putting him on the rookie list, outway the risks in having a footballer on your list, who isn't going to see much AFL footy for a while.

Very True. Rucks can be very hard to Pick when Young.

That is why English Fell to Pick 19(Like Grundy fell to use at 18). Teams are not taking a Punt on a Ruckman who could take at least 3 years to play AFL Footy

Jeez he reminds me of Darren Jolly in the way he moves. Very similar build too.

Jolly was a rookie too right?

Jeez he reminds me of Darren Jolly in the way he moves. Very similar build too.

Jolly was a rookie too right?

Jolly was a 2nd Round Pick in the 2000 Rookie Draft.

I wonder IF More Rucks that Made it came from the Rookie Draft then one's taken in the 1st Round of the National Draft

Jolly was a 2nd Round Pick in the 2000 Rookie Draft.

I wonder IF More Rucks that Made it came from the Rookie Draft then one's taken in the 1st Round of the National Draft

I think it's to do with the groupthink of recruiters. They were infatuated with ruckman with agility and neat skills and ignored the key traits of strength and aggression that are generally necessary for the role. Thus guys like Ayce Cordy went early, whereas guys with genuine ruckmen attributes went late, because recruiters wanted more agility than is necessary for the role.

God we were lucky with Grundy. The groupthink suddenly looked at the stats of drafting rucks early, and rather than reevaluating the way they rated potential ruckmen, they simply decided not to select them. This resulted in a fantastic prospect falling into our lap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back