News Maxwell returns to Collingwood (see #60 for details)

Remove this Banner Ad

Maxy has long had a philanthropic company he runs and he also has NJM Consulting which focuses on sport and business leadership. He's also had roles in developing team leadership at both the Storm and GWS. It's a fair CV.

NJM consulting is your standard run of the mill football speaking fare. However Collingwood have been using Maxy in a public speaking role for sponsors etc for a while now despite him being a GWS employee as well...

I’m torn on this. On one hand I’m happy for Maxy to be back at the club, especially having been in the Storm and GWS systems beforehand, but on the other hand, I want an end to the boys club appointments.

Proof will be in the pudding I guess, hopefully he can be as successful in this role as he was as the captain of the club.

Maxwell has lots of admirable traits you want installed in a playing group but given his role isn't specific to our men's football side I'm not sure how much of a difference maker it'll be.

It kind of feels like we've created a position for him that perhaps is excess to our immediate requirements and it's as much a good PR decision as one that will help turn around our on field fortunes.

It's the cherry on top if you like when we still haven't finished baking the cake.

Don't get me wrong I'm not against it as such but it all depends how much substance the role with have and what positive influence it can provide for the coaches and players.

I’m torn on this. On one hand I’m happy for Maxy to be back at the club, especially having been in the Storm and GWS systems beforehand, but on the other hand, I want an end to the boys club appointments.

Proof will be in the pudding I guess, hopefully he can be as successful in this role as he was as the captain of the club.
Setting the bar low there Apex, I'm hoping for more than one premiership to result from improved leadership!:D

edit: "He will also continue to consult at the Storm one day a week"
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-25/maxwell-leaves-giants-to-head-back-home

Not a bad thing to have an employee with this kind of link to seemingly well run club (I don't follow rugby)

Think..... it can only be a good thing.

Just wish they would employ D.Swan in some role as well - welfare officer, motivator - not sure

I can not like this enough. The club has hit the nail on the head with this one. Maxy is a great leader and a very good role model, i think he works great with players. Fantastic decision.

I think people under sell him as a player, yes he was no martin or dangerfield type player but he was very important. For those who can, watch the 2010 drawn GF. He saved us multiple times in that game. If he wasn't there, we lose on the day.

I agree with a previous post as well, he seems the type that wouldn't be afraid to challenge Bucks if he didn't agree with something.

Excellent. Glad to have him back.

Anyone other ex-pie would have me concerned that we hadn't learned from past mistakes but Maxy is one of our more complete captains and is a natural for this kind of role. His association with the Storm can only be of benefit also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We now know what the “mentor” that Ch7 saw on the PowerPoint through the Glasshouse window refers to. A mentor to our next generation of team leaders and potential new captain down the track.

Think..... it can only be a good thing.

Just wish they would employ D.Swan in some role as well - welfare officer, motivator - not sure
giphy.gif

Why is it the Pies just make up s**t jobs? Thought there was a salary cap for off field jobs. What a waste and to make it worse, not all the focus is on the AFL club!

Sent from my warped mind

I rate both Tony Shaw and Gavin Brown higher.
Really?
Maxwell was the best captain of all three.
Not the best player but clearly the best Captain.

Why is it the Pies just make up s**t jobs? Thought there was a salary cap for off field jobs. What a waste and to make it worse, not all the focus is on the AFL club!

Sent from my warped mind

You think perhaps naming him across different teams is a way of splitting his salary so not all of it falls in the mens team cap?

Ecstatic. A man of great integrity, and not one of the boys club.

Would have preferred he had more time outside the Collingwood bubble, but desperate times call for desperate measures...

Where's the champagne?

I won't Celebrate yet. Have to see. Improvement 1st

Ecstatic. A man of great integrity, and not one of the boys club.

Would have preferred he had more time outside the Collingwood bubble, but desperate times call for desperate measures...

Desperate times indeed

Where's the champagne?

In the pantry behind the valium :oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back