Toast QF = Collingwood 60-53 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I just want people to enjoy it for what it is, because it doesn’t happen every season as we know. Make hay whilst the sun shines!

We have improvements and weaknesses, but we’ve made a prelim, and I can’t wait
That's great Stormy, and everyone of us in here are soaking it up.

I'm just asking you to be not so reactive to some critical views / questions.

Like I said those questions / views are not intended to pile on the team, they're just observations and questions.

I listened to Brenton Sanderson discuss our game on SEN this arvo. He spent five minutes talking about how good Melbourne are and how dominant their three stars were (true) and then immediately went on to say they are still a flag favourite in his eyes and are a chance to beat the Lions at the GABBA. Apparently they are getting a walkover against the Blues on Friday night. I think he said we started better and we were efficient before waxing lyrically about Melbourne for the rest of the segment.

That's great Stormy, and everyone of us in here are soaking it up.

I'm just asking you to be not so reactive to some critical views / questions.

Like I said those questions / views are not intended to pile on the team, they're just observations and questions.
Fair enough, I apologise. Not my intention, there’s a few CONSTANT negative posters (who go missing after wins btw) that get under my skin, and when I see negative post I may overact a bit more than I should!

I listened to Brenton Sanderson discuss our game on SEN this arvo. He spent five minutes talking about how good Melbourne are and how dominant their three stars were (true) and then immediately went on to say they are still a flag favourite in his eyes and are a chance to beat the Lions at the GABBA. Apparently they are getting a walkover against the Blues on Friday night. I think he said we started better and we were efficient before waxing lyrically about Melbourne for the rest of the segment.
Coz he's salty he got the boot from his coaching job with us, coz he can't coach.

Cam Raynor didn’t get cited for concussing Jakob Ryan

Also still remembering Gary Rohan knocked out Cameron but that was his own teammate so didn’t have to answer charges.

Helps that Raynar and Rohan don't play for Collingwood

How do we lose 5 points on expected score when we missed at least 4 basic gettable shots lol

Did Daniel Hoyne come up with the formula for it?
Because apparently the harder shots that we did get don’t count under expected score rules. It’s the moral ashes all over again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, he never gave us a chance last week when talking about our match. Not surprised he still doesn't want to acknowledge he was wrong.

I disagree that it's completely useless. It shows which team kicked for goal more effectively.

It becomes useless if you try to use it to say any more about the game than that. People talk about it as though goal kicking isn't part of the game and everything else is what matters. It's akin to just looking at stoppage after a loss and saying well they didn't outplay us, it was just that they had better than expected results around stoppage.
Entirely useless to determine who "should" have won the game. I also doubt it's nuanced enough to show who kicked better, except for set shots. There's too many variables in non set shots to assess their difficulty. Even set shots I'm not sure if they take enough into account. Left foot, right foot? Player capability? For most a shot outside 50 would be a challenge, someone like Tex Walker does it with ease, what value does league average have?

I don’t think it has much value. Putting it out as an "expected" or "corrected" score is definitely wrong. If it was just: easy/moderate/difficult shots missed/made I'd have less of an issue with it, but as with all subjective stats it's still not great.

I feel dumber every time i hear Sando speak. Again, it's no wonder he's out of the AFL Coaching system.

Lol, he never gave us a chance last week when talking about our match. Not surprised he still doesn't want to acknowledge he was wrong.

It staggers me that campaigners like this get their own segment on radio to provide expert analysis.

He was an AFL coach for 5 minutes and he sucked.

Been watching the replay bit by bit and gee we're were unlucky not to be up 7.0 to 1.0 at one point. Correct that one!

Could easily make that 8 to 1, given we were up 5 to 1 and Elliott missed two sodas, and Mihocek missed one easy one and put a harder one OOB. None of those resulted in a second I50 either.

Could easily make that 8 to 1, given we were up 5 to 1 and Elliott missed two sodas, and Mihocek missed one easy one and put a harder one OOB. None of those resulted in a second I50 either.

Yep probably forgot to give us a couple. We legit missed 3 very easy set shots. If we were up by 7 goals you wonder if theyd have even found their way back into the game. We were dominant.

And still up leading comfortably at 3/4 time. Can't believe the hype on their last quarter of bombing it long. It was just a rinse and repeat on the second quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back