Review QF = Geelong 78-72 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished the replay tonight.
We were unlucky/lucky in instances and didn’t take our chances in others.
Gee we were good.
I hope we can maintain that intensity and take our chances.

My sister in law is a Geelong supporter. I did the right thing and rang her today to congratulate her on the win. (I know fans have nothing to do with the win). It took me two days to get my courage up.

She was very gracious, and then said she had ‘no idea’ that Collingwood was that good.😳

Like 99% of the Footballing world.

I'm looking forward to the rematch in the GF.

Have done the replay now and it confirmed what I thought of the match. Cracking game of footy, we were a combination of unlucky and just quite not good enough. Contrary to what most think have no problems with the umps, did what they should do in a tough finals match and let it evolve without getting involved. Some borderline decisions but thought it was well umpired overall

Like Vicky Park left the game with a funny combination of deflate and admiration for the effort. The 2018 GF on a smaller scale and with a chance to right the wrong

Am not too disturbed by the loss as the new system means losing the QF is no longer the big problem it was. As long as we knock off Freo, not a given but I back us, we will go into the PF with a better prep than Sydney. Would have liked Melb on the G but cant have that.

Melbourne have moved into a much more comfortable position than a QF loser should. Faves to beat Brissy then get Geelong on the G with the perfect prep. No guarantee they win but they shouldnt be in that position. Not complaing this year if it also happens for us. Get through this week and we are 50:50 v Sydney. Flag in 22 still on the cards, pretty unbelievable for what I thought earlier in the year.

Yeah, cannot agree.

There's letting it go and there's missing 4-5 crucial free kicks which impact the result of the game.

Undoubtedly, we kick straight in the first quarter, we're 4-5 goals up at 1/4 time.

Can we get Joel Selwood to fill the vacancy left by Maxy as Leadership and Culture Manager?

A video to confirm what we all suspected

That’s a long list of bad umpiring decisions that went against us.They also missed a couple more.Like just before the free kick was given against Howe for deliberate out of bounds,the ball clearly went over the boundary line near the point post and it should have been a throw in.

Also in the third quarter when Maynard kicked out on the full,the free kick should have been taken by Rohan who was closest to the ball at the time.But Cameron raced past him and took the kick instead,The umpire just watched this and did nothing about it.There’s no way known Rohan would have kicked the goal from where the ball was,outside the boundary line.Only Cameron could do something like that.

Last edited:
That’s a long list of bad umpiring decisions that went against us.They also missed a couple more.Like just before the free kick was given against Howe for deliberate out of bounds,the ball clearly went over the boundary line near the point post and it should have been a throw in.

Also in the third quarter when Maynard kicked out on the full,the free kick should have been taken by Rohan who was closest to the ball at the time.But Cameron raced past him and took the kick instead,The umpire just watched this and did nothing about it.There’s no way known Rohan would have kicked the goal from where the ball was,outside the boundary line.Only Cameron could do something like that.

AND Cameron kicked the ball whilst not in the field of play.....

This was the one that we had to win and probably should have. Burns me more than the Sydney game.
Would have forced geel to beat the swans at the scg and given us a likely prelim win over the lions.
Thought it was the best game we played all year, so many if only moments.
Thought Selwood dragged them over the line as he's done so many times against us. The Rohan mark and goal late from 55m was the crucial point in the match. That doesn't happen and we win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back