News McClure.. King.. say 'Play De Goey ANZAC Day'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately de Goey broke his knuckle when punching the bloke.

If he hadn't he would be playing this week already served his club imposed suspension.

Because he did the club didn't want to be seen to be going lightly on him so any penalty would have follow his return to the field.

While I can understand this view and I don't necessarily disagree King is most likely right in that we should have kept the penalty in house.

In reality missing 3 weeks with injury as a result of your actions is a penalty in itself and probably sufficient.

Unfortunately the club seemed more worried about the PR handling of the issue than doing what was best for it's supporters and team on field.

We've basically handed our opposition an advantage before the ball is even bounced and to that they say thank you.

But alas it is what it is and we wont be reversing the decision now.

Just giving everyone the thumbs up on my way out the door.... post wise that is ;)

Oh and I like the picture too, as I can't find one of him riding a racehorse

SIDBsQyYdOW5aTZ3cSu65HtvrfAIzsN4ZOz0k3L6cEVVFpYVHwvilLyPHCyp28pRK1SPoKG1W5aEUWYN1D_AFwr8Je6cd2U=w387-h380-nc

I understand there is no way DeGoey will play Anzacday. What I don't understand is why DeGoey is not playing in the first place. Surely there are better options to discipline a player than excluding him from games. CFC could miss out on finals this year due to poor decisions made by a 21 year old and his leadership group. Not having your best 22 on the park hurts the other players, loyal supporters and Club, ridiculous!

So now we are going to blame a 21 year old player for our predicament?............might as well put him in the basket with Eddie, Hine, Board, leadership group, Hart...........e.t.c

I am convinced the Collingwood DNA is broken.
Reminds me of a Michael Jackson song........."Man in the mirror"

Unfortunately de Goey broke his knuckle when punching the bloke.

If he hadn't he would be playing this week already served his club imposed suspension.

Because he did the club didn't want to be seen to be going lightly on him so any penalty would have follow his return to the field.

While I can understand this view and I don't necessarily disagree King is most likely right in that we should have kept the penalty in house.

In reality missing 3 weeks with injury as a result of your actions is a penalty in itself and probably sufficient.

Unfortunately the club seemed more worried about the PR handling of the issue than doing what was best for it's supporters and team on field.

We've basically handed our opposition an advantage before the ball is even bounced and to that they say thank you.

But alas it is what it is and we wont be reversing the decision now.

PR handling of the Didak/Shaw issue may have cost us a premiership as well. Didn't we make a prelim that yr.

So now we are going to blame a 21 year old player for our predicament?............might as well put him in the basket with Eddie, Hine, Board, leadership group, Hart...........e.t.c

I am convinced the Collingwood DNA is broken.
Reminds me of a Michael Jackson song........."Man in the mirror"
Why not, if you want to take that statement to the extreme, certainly. There is a genuine connection between losing games while not having your best players on the park. There is also a connection between losing enough games to not making finals.

Why not, if you want to take that statement to the extreme, certainly. There is a genuine connection between losing games while not having your best players on the park. There is also a connection between losing enough games to not making finals.

JDG is a promising player but he isn't the difference between winning and losing.

Which part of we have a FULL team to choose from for the first time in four years haven't you grasped?

De Goey would make not one iota of a difference...........the problem is clear to most.............De Goey is not the messiah he is just a very naughty boy!

Which part of we have a FULL team to choose from for the first time in four years haven't you grasped?

De Goey would make not one iota of a difference...........the problem is clear to most.............De Goey is not the messiah he is just a very naughty boy!
You are correct he is a very naughty boy but I obviously rate him a little more than you and jmac70 do!

You are correct he is a very naughty boy but I obviously rate him a little more than you and jmac70 do!

It's not about rating Rorzza it's about doing what's right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not about rating Rorzza it's about doing what's right.
I didn't say he shouldn't be punished, I just don't agree with having what I consider a best 22 player siting on the bench when we need to win games.

Surely they can doc his pay, make him run extra laps, what every the punishment needs to be but let him play for the 4 points.

David King was an underling when Wayne Carey was groping his way through half the females in Melbourne in the 1990's and getting away with it, so the concept of positive discipline is entirely foreign to him. Worked out well for North and Carey the softly, softly approach didn't it?

Semi Final.

Beat the Crows in the Elimination Final in Adelaide. A great performance it was as well.
The day Maxy tagged Scott Thompson in the midfield.
My first interstate final, 'twas bliss in the end!

Dumb. How would that conversation even go down..."despite dismantling the rat pack and making a concerted effort to make good culture part of our clubs DNA we want to play you because you're far better than anybody else and deserve to be treated differently..." you don't compromise on culture, your brand is your brand.

The other aspect is it will be handy to have some fresh legs come in against Carlton, we will play 3 games in 12 days or something ridiculous like that.

As others have mentioned, JDG's crime was compounded by the fact that he punched someone and broke his knuckle. Not just that he was out on the booze. And the punch - no mention of the bloke on the receiving end who I sincerely hope is OK. Seriously, this could have been a lot worse, for that person, JDG, and the club. Marley Williams anyone?

We cant back down on this, although we desperately need him in the side. Saying that, I doubt he would have made much difference last Sunday, when we simply looked broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back