David King Says It Will Be A Cake Walk! That makes Me Very Nervous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing at Collingwood has been a cakewalk since they made a deal with the devil to win the 1958 Premiership.

The shortsightedness to stop Melbourne winning 4 in a row (and ultimately 6 in a row) has cost us dearly and will continue to do so forever.

Can you please elaborate?

Nothing at Collingwood has been a cakewalk since they made a deal with the devil to win the 1958 Premiership.

The shortsightedness to stop Melbourne winning 4 in a row (and ultimately 6 in a row) has cost us dearly and will continue to do so forever.
Is there a magical football fairy in the sky who oversees all of this?

Is there a magical football fairy in the sky who oversees all of this?

No, I think itā€™s a curse.šŸ«£

I refuse to let our shocking history spoil the fun Iā€™m currently having. If we stumble - again - Iā€™ll be devastated - again. But Iā€™ll love the season right up to that point.

Before my time - what's the story here?!

Before my time - what's the story here?!
Not sure I have ever heard it described as a deal with the devil, but the Pies(0-10 against the Dees in recent contests) certainly pulled a somewhat aggressive move by having Hooker Harrison put quite a "heavy tag" on Ron Barrassi.

And a good proportion of the rest of our team thought it would be a fine day for fighting.

This season has been an absolute joy to date, where we end up over the next 6 weeks and then September is out of our ( the supporters) control, so Iā€™m just enjoying it for what it is.
The club has transformed itself over the last 18 months and has the potential to deliver us the ultimate football goal, embrace it!!
King has been watching us closely since early preseason and has been talking us up for most of that time, he did a terrific interview with Swoop Luke over the bye and was glowing in where we were headed this year.

This season has been an absolute joy to date, where we end up over the next 6 weeks and then September is out of our ( the supporters) control, so Iā€™m just enjoying it for what it is.
The club has transformed itself over the last 18 months and has the potential to deliver us the ultimate football goal, embrace it!!
King has been watching us closely since early preseason and has been talking us up for most of that time, he did a terrific interview with Swoop Luke over the bye and was glowing in where we were headed this year.
He also tipped us quite early in 2010.

Not sure I have ever heard it described as a deal with the devil, but the Pies(0-10 against the Dees in recent contests) certainly pulled a somewhat aggressive move by having Hooker Harrison put quite a "heavy tag" on Ron Barrassi.

And a good proportion of the rest of our team thought it would be a fine day for fighting.

After the final which saw Melbourne beat Collingwood by 7 goals (and had not lost to Collingwood in a final since 1937) rumour has it that a deal was made with the devil to stop Melbourne bettering Collingwood's 4 in a row. Some of the more religious supporters vehemently objected to this and did not attend the Grand Final - the GF attendance was 97,956 - less than the 99,256 that attended the H&A game that year.

I think David has been burned in the past (mostly by Carlton) and has changed his approach to how he looks at sides

He's been watching us closely since basically pre-season started and has been on our bandwagon for a long time

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) he also jumped on Geelong with similar confidence at some point last year too.

After the final which saw Melbourne beat Collingwood by 7 goals (and had not lost to Collingwood in a final since 1937) rumour has it that a deal was made with the devil to stop Melbourne bettering Collingwood's 4 in a row. Some of the more religious supporters vehemently objected to this and did not attend the Grand Final - the GF attendance was 97,956 - less than the 99,256 that attended the H&A game that year.
It was a wet grand final - think that might better explain the crowd. Good story though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the death of a long serving Queen a new British King was crowned in 1902.

Prior to this year the last time the British held a coronation was in 1953.

We've won 11 of our 15 Premierships under the reign of a King.

David King says it will be a cakewalk.

As far as omens go.:drunk:

I only went to the 4 losing grand finalsā€¦

The winning one I watched on a big screen at a rave!

If we make the grand final, I think I know what I have to do.
Been to 11 GFā€™s starting in 77 for 1 win and 2 draws. Didnā€™t get to 1990 and the one I did get to in 2010 was the same week my Old man had a stroke, so went to the hospital straight after.

If we donā€™t have any major hiccups, I really think this is the one that we win and that I can finally celebrate properly.

Been to 11 GFā€™s starting in 77 for 1 win and 2 draws. Didnā€™t get to 1990 and the one I did get to in 2010 was the same week my Old man had a stroke, so went to the hospital straight after.

If we donā€™t have any major hiccups, I really think this is the one that we win and that I can finally celebrate properly.
It's ridiculous, isn't it? No other club comes close to that heartache.

As sure as King is, Montagna w***er said on 360 tonight that he believes the gap is closer to what ppl think (to Collingwood)

We havenā€™t seen Pies run and gun against top sides since early in the season etc.

Well, we are ****ed now!

Then says, think we will beat Port and still the best in it

Is King trying the triple jinx. He is saying the race is over and nobody will come close to us come the finals. It makes me so bloody nervous when media pundits jump on board with such certainty.

Yes, he has been a big advocate of our season and keeps banging on about how good we are, I only look at who we play the next week and really block out the hype as much as I can.
We've all been shattered far to many times over the years..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back