MCG Grass Installed at GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Close but trekking a piece of grass from one state to another is far worse than watching Alex Rance look ridiculous riding around on his skateboard pre AFLX match :p
But...

9400904-3x2-xlarge.jpg

I thought the entire thing was a publicity stunt for Rebel Sport? Not really anything to do with AFL House
Yes it was by Rebel, however I notice they've distanced themselves substantially from it since the first announcement. Today's article on news.com.au doesn't mention them at all.

Almost like it was a shithouse idea and they've finally realised while the truck was already half way here.

Yes it was by Rebel, however I notice they've distanced themselves substantially from it since the first announcement. Today's article on news.com.au doesn't mention them at all.

Almost like it was a shithouse idea and they've finally realised while the truck was already half way here.

Meanwhile, I am still waiting for a farking package from Sydney from a month ago.

Maybe they can swing past Sydney and chuck it in the back of the truck along with Holgate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Victorian stewardship of this sport has always been embarassing but this really takes the cake.
from the looks of things even the viccos are embarrassed.

this is like one of those threads you see and your heart flutters a little and you quickly pray to the footy gods that it wasnt a supporter of your club that started it.

This whole little stunt sums up Victorians perfectly. So laughable. Unbelievable, yet, totally believable.

Is having an inferiority complex towards Victorians a genetic thing for people from SA/WA, or is it more cultural?

Next step is to do this at every ground.

Then after a few years, put the MCG on wheels and move it around the country multiple times each weekend so each game is played at the G.

Is having an inferiority complex towards Victorians a genetic thing for people from SA/WA, or is it more cultural?
id say its more victorians having a strange superiority complex.

i mean who actually ships a truckload of their lawn thousands of km to another sports ground that already has lawn?

really?

who does that?

things ive heard victorians say over the years:

theres no way a wa team will ever win a premiership mate - you dont know how to play proper football.

you cant hold a grand final interstate - half the ground would be empty if it were just victorian clubs playing

noone in wa is going to go watch two victorian teams play a home and away match (this year)

perth airport wouldnt be able to handle the plane traffic if it were two victorian teams playing in a grand final there.

eddie mcguire: i think in their hearts interstate fans know that the grand final belongs at the mcg, the home of football, all roads lead to etc

you viccos can be a pretty special
bunch - honestly think you are at the centre of the universe. the absolute cognitive dissonance when that article came out a few years ago about west coast stopping the vfl and half its clubs from going into bankruptcy was gold - it had victorian heads near exploding - victorians sense of exceptionalism was tarnished -“we refuse to believe it”

Last edited:
id say its more victorians having a strange superiority complex.

i mean who actually ships a truckload of their lawn thousands of km to another sports ground that already has lawn?

really?

who does that?

things ive heard victorians say over the years:

theres no way a wa team will ever win a premiership mate - you dont know how to play proper football.

you cant hold a grand final interstate - half the ground would be empty if it were just victorian clubs playing

noone in wa is going to go watch two victorian teams play a home and away match (this year)

perth airport wouldnt be able to handle the plane traffic if it were two victorian teams playing in a grand final there.

eddie mcguire: i think in their hearts interstate fans know that the grand final belongs at the mcg, the home of football, all roads lead to etc

you viccos can be a pretty special
bunch - honestly think you are at the centre of the universe.

I'm Tasmanian, actually. I'm just living here for work.

I think it's almost objectively observable that people from WA/SA spend a lot of time seething about Victorians, while Victorians rarely talk or think about those two states at all.

I'm Tasmanian, actually. I'm just living here for work.

I think it's almost objectively observable that people from WA/SA spend a lot of time seething about Victorians, while Victorians rarely talk or think about those two states at all.
strangely enough its the victorian centric-ness thats running this game into the ground

so its victorians we talk about.

if it were queenslanders mismanaging this so badly sa, wa and vic fans would be blasting qlders

but its not is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back