News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Cole didn't seem too happy about how his rehab / training load has gone over the last couple of years. Makes me hope we are on the right track now and our injuries won't have the same impact.

Unpopular opinion… but here it goes.. old Hammer Brayshaw sure has tickets on himself these days doesn’t he?
And a bit of salt towards West Coast (prob understandable… after the WAFL clean out, but still…)

Unpopular opinion… but here it goes.. old Hammer Brayshaw sure has tickets on himself these days doesn’t he?
And a bit of salt towards West Coast (prob understandable… after the WAFL clean out, but still…)
I previously thought he was much more professional than how he has conducted himself recently. Maybe his true colours are shinning through?

Listening to him very late on Backchat (we're Flying High Ep) and he was dropping F bombs for fun, certainly not holding back about the Eagles i.e song being junk, blow up Eagle being junk. Which might be his thoughts and that's fine, but he certainly added a bit on it, perhaps salty as you mention.

For a club that drafted you and gave you a chance, then kept you employed for numerous years after you were delisted, you can at a minimum handle yourself a little better.

I see why Goss was saying they tried to can the segment on SEN featuring Hammer, however, some fans have asked for it to stay.

Perhaps its a good thing he has departed the club.

I previously thought he was much more professional than how he has conducted himself recently. Maybe his true colours are shinning through?

Listening to him very late on Backchat (we're Flying High Ep) and he was dropping F bombs for fun, certainly not holding back about the Eagles i.e song being junk, blow up Eagle being junk. Which might be his thoughts and that's fine, but he certainly added a bit on it, perhaps salty as you mention.

For a club that drafted you and gave you a chance, then kept you employed for numerous years after you were delisted, you can at a minimum handle yourself a little better.

I see why Goss was saying they tried to can the segment on SEN featuring Hammer, however, some fans have asked for it to stay.

Best way to make a name for yourself in the media is to be a fwit

Get excited

Brayshaw, Watson snr, Selwood, Cotchin and Cleary

What a lineup

And just what we need - another Victorian based show talking about Victorian clubs with maybe an occasional acknowledgment there’s teams outside their 100km radius

puke GIF

The blow up eagle head and the song are pathetic, good on him for calling it out!

The blow up eagle head and the song are pathetic, good on him for calling it out!

Because it's not even a footy song. It's a song you'd hear on 94.5, It inspires literally nothing. It's like a good 40 seconds before they even get to anything involving an eagle or a ramped up tune. A flat as a biscuit song perfect for a flat as a biscuit team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prefer to have a cup of tea & a chat with Andrew Gaff than a coupla pints with Hammer.
Um, ah, whatever, I think Gaffy would be more honest & humble
Hamish self deprecation=self protection, a little, (family are so talented, natural reaction). Like his honesty, but I always feel there's a bit of embellishment & too much of the 'jock' sports dude, alpha rubbish.
Shares traits more inline with Uncle James, than Dad & Grandfather by my observations
*if you don't know Ian Brayshaw, Grandfather, have a look on Wiki. What it likely doesn't state is the humility of the man.
And the most talented of the clan. Great West Australian

The Eagle head is fine, it's just something for the kids, a little bit of brand awareness.

The song, on the other hand...

I quite liked the eagle head but it didn’t need to be that or the banner. Could have both

Then just revert back to the 2018 version of the song. It isn’t great but it was generally accepted and anything new will never gain widespread support across such a large and varied fanbase

The eagle head should be outside the ground on game day with smoke machines and kids big and small can run through for photos.

Nisbett getting warm fuzzy phantom limb feelings in his wallet.

Get excited

Brayshaw, Watson snr, Selwood, Cotchin and Cleary

What a lineup

And just what we need - another Victorian based show talking about Victorian clubs with maybe an occasional acknowledgment there’s teams outside their 100km radius

Don't mind Cleary, seems pretty impartial from memory

Little interview with Tim Kelly who’s a player we don’t hear much from

Feel for him a bit as through no fault of his own things haven’t panned out the way he’d have anticipated

Little interview with Tim Kelly who’s a player we don’t hear much from

Feel for him a bit as through no fault of his own things haven’t panned out the way he’d have anticipated

The 'The Tim Kelly Trade' thing is such a lazy short hand for the clusterfck we've found ourselves in, and it's ridiculously unfair to make him synonymous with the current situation.

Fitness, list management, entitlement, lack of forward planning, bad luck, stubbornness and laziness got us to this point - not Tim Kelly.

Tough luck that it didn't pan out for him - that's life - but he's delivered and then some since he's arrived.

And I'm optimistic but I reckon we'll be in contention before he hangs up the boots, maybe even jag one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back