Melbourne Player Highlights 2016 (13/11/16 - Jordan Lewis)

Remove this Banner Ad

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hey all,
Will be making some highlight videos of Melbourne players in the coming weeks for their 2016 seasons so I thought I'd post them here. As I'm generally unfamiliar with the layout of the Dees board, if there is a better place for this feel free to move it to suit the set up.

Planning on making videos for Viney, Petracca, Watts, Jones, Kennedy, Gawn, Tyson and probably a couple of others I haven't decided on, if there are any requests I'm open.

Jesse Hogan

Jack Viney

Christian Petracca

Jack Watts

Nathan Jones

Ben Kennedy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxt4UkJC5_Q\

Jayden Hunt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ldG8D6hov4

Jordan Lewis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1Cx6x_xlgM

If you'd like to subscribe, my channel is here, it would be much appreciated: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwlfLRnEgIdb_bnsm9YtURw

More to come. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Hey mate, first of all appreciate the video.

Some constructive criticism if I may (Purely IMO):

- Don't cut the crowd/commentary audio. I recommend having it in as the main sound, you can still run a song but try to keep it instrumental

- Not sure how limited your access to footage was, but some strange clips in there. Stuff like winning that contest on the wing against the saints is perfect, taking uncontested marks inside 50 not so much IMO

I liked the very simple editing and will always love highlight videos about Melbourne players, just thought I'd throw in my perhaps unwanted 0.02

Hey mate, first of all appreciate the video.

Some constructive criticism if I may (Purely IMO):

- Don't cut the crowd/commentary audio. I recommend having it in as the main sound, you can still run a song but try to keep it instrumental

- Not sure how limited your access to footage was, but some strange clips in there. Stuff like winning that contest on the wing against the saints is perfect, taking uncontested marks inside 50 not so much IMO

I liked the very simple editing and will always love highlight videos about Melbourne players, just thought I'd throw in my perhaps unwanted 0.02

Hey buddy, cheers for the feedback.

-Hard to please everyone with the music vs commentary aspect. On the Tigers board last year they preferred no music at all and just commentary, whereas on the Saints board they like the music. On here it seems instrumental + commentary is the way to go, if there aren't any objections I'll do this for the following videos mate.

-Yeah limited mainly to the match highlights (the 6 minute clips) for each game so I take what I can get. As I don't watch all Melbourne games and it's hard to remember specific moments of brilliance the match highlights are my best bet. I'm sure there were plenty of other moments that would qualify as better clips than uncontested marks inside 50, but if I haven't remembered them myself and they don't show up in the match highlights/quick searches on google/YouTube then they may not be in the final product, unintentionally. As a non supporter of the team it's hard to cover all the bases so I take what I can get. If I reduce 3-4 min clips with some not-as-special clips to 2-2.5 min videos that are more focused on the best highlights would that be preferable?

Cheers mate.

-Hard to please everyone with the music vs commentary aspect. On the Tigers board last year they preferred no music at all and just commentary, whereas on the Saints board they like the music. On here it seems instrumental + commentary is the way to go, if there aren't any objections I'll do this for the following videos mate.

-Yeah limited mainly to the match highlights (the 6 minute clips) for each game so I take what I can get. As I don't watch all Melbourne games and it's hard to remember specific moments of brilliance the match highlights are my best bet. I'm sure there were plenty of other moments that would qualify as better clips than uncontested marks inside 50, but if I haven't remembered them myself and they don't show up in the match highlights/quick searches on google/YouTube then they may not be in the final product, unintentionally. As a non supporter of the team it's hard to cover all the bases so I take what I can get. If I reduce 3-4 min clips with some not-as-special clips to 2-2.5 min videos that are more focused on the best highlights would that be preferable?

Cheers mate.

I don't have much to add, but great post. :thumbsu:

Cheers mate.

Yeah i reckon 2-2.5 min videos are better, it's still a decent chunk of highlights but you get the very best of it.

I know these are made purely out of your own time, just reinforcing I think it's a pretty awesome thing to do :thumbsu:

Hey all,
Will be making some highlight videos of Melbourne players in the coming weeks for their 2016 seasons so I thought I'd post them here. As I'm generally unfamiliar with the layout of the Dees board, if there is a better place for this feel free to move it to suit the set up.

Planning on making videos for Viney, Petracca, Watts, Jones, Kennedy, Gawn, Tyson and probably a couple of others I haven't decided on, if there are any requests I'm open.

Jesse Hogan

If you'd like to subscribe, my channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwlfLRnEgIdb_bnsm9YtURw

More to come. Enjoy.

It's great 12Chill. My only slight disappointment was that it didn't feature the ripped Tarzan shirt look from QB v Collingwood, but excellent all the same.

Much appreciated, cheers.

If you're still taking requests then Hunt and/or Oliver are two names I'll throw into the hat. Oliver mainly for his stoppage work and Hunt for any time he decided to go for a run.

Oliver will be the trickier of the two to compile so maybe just Hunt if you're looking for an additional player to consider.

Last edited:
That mark he took going back with the flight of the ball was a ripper but sadly will be forgotten. The commentators didn't even mentioned it after he took it. Now if Cyril had taken that mark....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey all,

Jesse Hogan

Jack Viney

Christian Petracca

Jack Watts

If you'd like to subscribe, my channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwlfLRnEgIdb_bnsm9YtURw

More to come. Enjoy.

Awesome mate! Definitely do Hunt pls! Should be some ripper footage of him from the season.

* Wattsy had a good year. So many freakish things in that reel. Reckon he could easily turn into a Stevie J type, who really only peaked in the back-end of his career after being a good player in a great side in the middle years.

Watts is all class, really is the prototype modern player I reckon. Fast, tall, good above his head, good agility/stepping, deceptively strong and could really play any position. Although hands down best as a forward

12Chill one of the posters always welcome here. Need a honour board for good opposition supporters. Also i want to do history draft again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back