Member Online Forum 9th Dec 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

3. If we're going to start calling "conflict of interest" for players who have previously been coached in some capacity by someone at their club, you may as well shut the whole comp down, ODN.

You'll find I think the COI claim was bullshit BB. I'm just throwing that one in to highlight COI's exist everywhere. Sure, family is not the same as a lengthy footy related relationship, but could you have seen Malthouse not letting Daisy go out on his own terms? If Liddle leveraged his relationship with Ellis to get him to the club, he wouldn't be voting to delist him.

SOS's conflict could have been dealt with by the sub-committee quite easily.

As a member I am quite concerned over reports of intra club factions and disunity. How can the club executive convey to the members, fans and prospective free agents, that it is 100% aligned in it's mission and the ego's of the executive will be left at the door?

6:49 PM

Cain Liddle |
Hi Mark, the team we have at Carlton are very unified. I can’t speak more highly of the key leaders we have across all departments of the football club. I also subscribe to your theory of leaving egos at the door. Rest assured, we are perfectly aligned on where we want to take this football club and will make sure we do everything we can to get there.

What a joke

have things changed? mine are still under review also.

I have two questions under review. One about an assurance that non-qualified staff won't be making recruiting decisions going forward, and the other about Deluca.

What a joke

Diplomatic answer, of course the club is aligned in where they want to get to - sustained success and premierships for days. It's in how we get there that there will, and should, be differences in opinion. Hopefully the folks at the top are sensible enough to listen to the internal suggestions and adapt the plan where prudent.

You'll find I think the COI claim was bullshit BB. I'm just throwing that one in to highlight COI's exist everywhere. Sure, family is not the same as a lengthy footy related relationship, but could you have seen Malthouse not letting Daisy go out on his own terms? If Liddle leveraged his relationship with Ellis to get him to the club, he wouldn't be voting to delist him.

SOS's conflict could have been dealt with by the sub-committee quite easily.
SOS was GM List Management and Strategy. He was put 2 levels under the CEO and all decision to be decided by a sub-Committee.... That's a GM with no power at all. Sure it was different when he started. Seems the CEO has been dismantling him for a while..... no wonder it all ended in tears. Assume that SOS talked to the Board about the issue of being made powerless in the area you are responsible in....

SOS was GM List Management and Strategy. He was put 2 levels under the CEO and all decision to be decided by a sub-Committee.... That's a GM with no power at all. Sure it was different when he started. Seems the CEO has been dismantling him for a while..... no wonder it all ended in tears. Assume that SOS talked to the Board about the issue of being made powerless in the area you are responsible in....

But if the recruiting failed, SOS was the one being judged for it. Untenable situation.

Liddle and Lloyd should be nowhere near that sub-committee.

Very astute ….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3. If we're going to start calling "conflict of interest" for players who have previously been coached in some capacity by someone at their club, you may as well shut the whole comp down, ODN.

4. If you get deicide what you think is or isn't a conflict of interest that is relevant - may as well shut the Carlton forum down now.

The conflict of interest 'issue' is professionally designed 'spin' - a bone thrown out to supporters to get them back on track and happy. It is clever because people just want their football side to play and win - the rest is blah blah.

4. If you get deicide what you think is or isn't a conflict of interest that is relevant - may as well shut the Carlton forum down now.

The conflict of interest 'issue' is professionally designed 'spin' - a bone thrown out to supporters to get them back on track and happy. It is clever because people just want their football side to play and win - the rest is blah blah.

Some of us are also interested in the professionalism of the back of house too mate ;)

I sent 2 critical question on Friday. Looks like they are posting more "live" questions then the pre-submitted ones. Also looks like that overly critical questions (in their view) will not be posted or answered. This is what I feared from the start. They are getting into the areas many have asked about, but choose questions that suit them. This format can never replace a real members meeting. Might go to the AGM now to see if they get their behinds kicked...

I've got 2 questions awaiting review.

What I find crazy is that MLG starts his intro with the number of early questions (450) and so far in almost 2 hours they've published 48 questions.

I guess Carlton's conversion rate still needs improvement
Well they're likely reading this thread. Shortly after posting they edited the welcome from Mark to remove the number of questions.

If you are reading this, stop wasting the good members valuable time and answer our questions. Otherwise, don't bother at all.

But if the recruiting failed, SOS was the one being judged for it. Untenable situation.

Liddle and Lloyd should be nowhere near that sub-committee.

As soon as a sub com is formed the previous general manager is dead. It is classic transition planning 101. El President ( Brutus) has filled the place with politicians feasting off the promise of better times coming and they are all multi talented- never knew Liddle was such an accomplished coach! Lookout Teaguey.

The Club HAS joined the 21st century!! yee haaaa.

I sent 2 critical question on Friday. Looks like they are posting more "live" questions then the pre-submitted ones. Also looks like that overly critical questions (in their view) will not be posted or answered. This is what I feared from the start. They are getting into the areas many have asked about, but choose questions that suit them. This format can never replace a real members meeting. Might go to the AGM now to see if they get their behinds kicked...
They're idiots. By inviting so many people and answering so few, they're encouraging people to be more critical.

Gotta be concerned about the club's productivity if you've got all our senior people in a room for hours and their collective power is unable to type 60 short responses.

They're idiots. By inviting so many people and answering so few, they're encouraging people to be more critical.

Gotta be concerned about the club's productivity if you've got all our senior people in a room for hours and their collective power is unable to type 60 short responses.
Especially when you had 450 questions beforehand. They should have posted 100 of these with answers at the start.

Especially when you had 450 questions beforehand. They should have posted 100 of these with answers at the start.
Absolutely. They've conveniently removed that fact.

My questions are definately not double ups, and I wouldn't say they are too challenging or controversial...and then they go and post a question about debt levels which MLG has addressed in email and on the forum.

The whingeing on this board recently is actually incredible.

The whinging about the whinging isn't much better though SOAP.

Maybe these are concerns and opinions expressed and concerns and opinions disagreed with?

It's a discussion forum. You've got to articulate your opposition, not just label and dismiss out of hand.

There are a fair few usually positive posters expressing some of these concerns, not just your usual suspects.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back