News Membership/Finals ticketing

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wanting to confirm, I'm off to the Hawks game next week at the G and have managed to get my hands on a couple of AO footy memberships, so I can roll up to the MCC members and just scan in?

The reciprocal arrangement has ended, but you can buy guest passes into the AFL Reserve.

Just wanting to confirm, I'm off to the Hawks game next week at the G and have managed to get my hands on a couple of AO footy memberships, so I can roll up to the MCC members and just scan in?

Won't happen, but I'm a worst case scenario thinker, I think the reciprocal rights aren't transferable. So if you're asked for ID, you might be denied entry. Not sure how often they bother, if at all.

Thank you everyone for your responses to my question but I'm a bit confused now.

So from what I can work out Essential Crows Members no longer have reciprocal rights but AO Footy Members do? And I can scan into the AFL Members area through gate 6 or 7?

Or do I have to buy a guest pass to get into Members?

Thank you everyone for your responses to my question but I'm a bit confused now.

So from what I can work out Essential Crows Members no longer have reciprocal rights but AO Footy Members do? And I can scan into the AFL Members area through gate 6 or 7?

Or do I have to buy a guest pass to get into Members?

Correct us AOFm still have reciprocal rights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My housemate has kindly informed me this morning that the 2x GA season membership passes I lent him for last night were confiscated when he & his mate were caught with a hip flask and kicked out. :mad:

Does anyone know if I'm going to be able to get them back? And if so, how?

I plan to call the club on Tuesday, but my friend who owns the 2nd pass is pretty concerned so was hoping someone here might be able to give us some insight.

My housemate has kindly informed me this morning that the 2x GA season membership passes I lent him for last night were confiscated when he & his mate were caught with a hip flask and kicked out. :mad:

I plan to call the club on Tuesday, but my friend who owns the 2nd pass is pretty concerned so was hoping someone here might be able to give us some insight.
That sucks. Did they identify him at the time? At least that way you could prove it wasn't you.

That sucks. Did they identify him at the time? At least that way you could prove it wasn't you.
No I don't think so.
Though I'm not home, so haven't gotten the full story.

Really hoping my mate & I are not completely screwed by their actions, we both only signed up for game access memberships this year. :(

Funny you mention that, I sit in the Eastern stand and an AO official asked to inspect the contents of something which he then confiscated and walked out someone.

Clearly a crackdown going on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

After the presumed alcohol fueled violence in the GA area of the showdown, your friend is an idiot for taking a flask in a week later
Do not disagree in the slightest.

Just really hoping his stupidity doesn't ultimately cost me & my mate.

Exactly. Step 1 to policing bar staff not to sell to those inebriated is taking away those who drink without going to bars.

Legally bar staff can't sell to intoxicated patrons. Don't stop a sober mate buying 4 and passing on to intoxicated person though. Perhaps a 1 or 2 drink limit will help limit intoxication, plus speed up the queues.

Legally bar staff can't sell to intoxicated patrons. Don't stop a sober mate buying 4 and passing on to intoxicated person though. Perhaps a 1 or 2 drink limit will help limit intoxication, plus speed up the queues.
At least there is a mechanism of bar staff to limit perceived excessive drinking. Those who smuggle alcohol in tho' have always been the outlier to the controls in place.

But given what has transpired, alcohol fuelled or not, there was bound to be a reaction, given I have never heard of anyone ejected for it before to hear of 1 and witness another I can only guess it is part of a reaction.

Theure
No I don't think so.
Though I'm not home, so haven't gotten the full story.

Really hoping my mate & I are not completely screwed by their actions, we both only signed up for game access memberships this year. :(
They're still available, so if you don't get any joy from the club, your housemate could (should) buy you replacements.

Saw someone get removed from the hill after he topped up a 600ml coke from a hip flask. Would suggest that they had been seen on camera? I would hope that the same cameras are used for the purposes of keeping an eye on violence and unruly behaviour as well as cracking down on those daring not to spend $13.50 on a drink.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back