Rumour Menzel on the piss

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour has it that Daniel Menzel was on the drink with the North Shore players' mad Monday until 5am in the morning, 10 days ago. This is the reason why he was dropped from the senior side

Any legs to this?

Rumour has it that Daniel Menzel was on the drink with the North Shore players' mad Monday until 5am in the morning, 10 days ago. This is the reason why he was dropped from the senior side

Any legs to this?

Why are you asking us if this has legs? You're the one starting the rumour?

Last edited:

I think Geelong have already decided to ditch him to S.A to get Ablett. No point playing a bloke who'll you'll see in finals next year. Same with Motlop tbh

Any legs to this?

Nah, pretty legless

Any legs to this?

Why North Shore? Is there any ex Geelong players there?

IIRC, Jason Davenport was but I'd have thought he would have been before Menzel's time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just an excuse for the stuff up leaving him out of the side ! a-hole covering

History tells us when a player is dropped for disciplinary reasons, its made public.

Other wise the coach looks like a dick when he drops a best 22 player.
Not when you want to trade them out and get the highest possible price for them.

If you seriously believe that then you probably also think all bad guys get caught, all drugs are evil, and Brownlow medallists are the best players in the competition.

Also yeah nah won't say I've heard he was at Lambys, but you know, going out to Lamby's in Geelong isn't the best place if you did go out.

ha I reckon this is about spot on
I'm actually pretty sure it isn't, may have happened after he was called out on something else but yeah, don't think this started it.

It always amazes me when dummy spitting or arguments is seen as a reason for a player being dropped/traded. That would happen lots. Big egos amongst 60+ staff and players, most of it would see it rendered irrelevant if a big game came up or they were any good. I mean is Jake Stringer really leaving the Bulldogs because he was told his season wasn't very good? I would imagine most Bulldogs players were told that. Unless he's dumber than I imagine him (which is saying something) and overly sensitive (which I doubt even more) then it's just not likely.

clubs normally announce if a player is dropped for hitting the piss
It happens, what, twice a season? Do you really think only two players drink when they shouldn't per season? Or do you think clubs only find out twice a season? It would happen all the time. If the club has something to gain out of keeping it on the down low then they'll keep it on the down low.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back