Teams Miami Dolphins - The Fins

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: joey harrington to miami

The Slitherin' Snake said:
I thought there was some doubt as to whether Dante will be ready for the first game. Maybe Harrington will start for the first few
The Flying Hawaiian (Troy Polamalu) will be ready. Steelers get thier SB rings in the week leading up to the NFL season opener and boy, I can't wait.

Harrington may well be playing back-to-back games in Pittsburgh as he played the Week 17 game last season.

Re: Ricky Williams suspended for the 2006 season

It would make me laugh about how lenient their drug laws are over there if it weren't such a serious matter.

This is his third offence, IIRC?

Throw him out of the game.

Re: Ricky Williams suspended for the 2006 season

Ben Johnson was villified for one positive drug test so much that when he tested positive a second time people thought that his first ban was a lifetime ban and were surprised he was allowed back into athletics.

This guy tests positive four times and is still allowed to play?!? And only after a year??

Re: Nick Saban

Sh1t Bloke. Rumour has it Cowher or Parcells are interested in the Fins job now.

Hope Saban performs worse than Mike Shula (who coached very well, apart from the fact he couldn't beat Auburn, which is all that matters in Tuscaloosa).

Sh1t Bloke. Rumour has it Cowher or Parcells are interested in the Fins job now.

That would really be hypocritical on Cowher's behalf if he went to the Phins next season. Still has a season on his contract to run and I think the Rooney's have BC cornered. Releasing him will give the Steelers compo & cash but it would make Cowher look like a liar about his family time. Then again, the Phins have been a part-time team so a part time coach would suit. :)

Tough call Lenny. Give me what Saban did over what Mora did any day of the week (even if he was only joking).

It was pretty clear once he was going to talk to them that he was out of Miami. The bloke gave the NFL a go and clearly would prefer to be in College football. Can't say I blame him given the size of the paycheck.

Saban is another of these College stories I don't quite get. I know from Saints/LSU fans that most in NO were envious of the Dolphins for luring him - with Haslett as coach I guess anyone was seen as better at that stage - but Saban was seen as a pipe dream for the Saints. Coaching legend that would never go to a league lesser light. I've never quite understood the assumption that being good at coaching kids in a school with a good football program was anyway comparable to coaching the highly paid egos in the NFL. I guess like players there is always the assumption of a natural progression but I don't get how a top college coach can automatically command the position of a highly respected coach in the NFL. From my limited knowledge of college football I would presume the two to be two different monsters.

very few college coaches can make an immediate transition, with jimmy johnson, bill walsh & barry switzer to a lesser extent being the notable exceptions.

Dennis Erickson, Butch Davis, Saban, Pete Carroll all were terrible in the pro's. there is a much different atmosphere at the college level. Coaches don't have to deal with egomaniac players (holdouts, whining etc) and owners, less perceived pressure (although a college hot seat gets as hot as an NFL one).

i would think you'd need to be an NFL assistant before making the jump. Not to say that there is a massive talent gap betwen the two types of coaches, but just the different working environment.

I know its a tough call on Saban, but i don't like all of his blatant lying about it. Being a fins fan, im used to coaching stability, but since shula left, e've had a revolving door of big name, no result coaches

He wasn't getting it done, but then again he wasn't in the best position to succeed. Not the first or the last great college coach to struggle in the pros.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm ecstatic to have him as the Bama coach! I thought CNS was nothing but a pipe dream, but somehow Mal Moore and the athletics administration were able to lure him to T-Town. We finally have a head coach who knows how to field a team that can contend for championships (the type of coach we haven't had since Gene Stallings left). That type of coach is worth $4 million per year. The future is bright for the Crimson Tide!! RTR!!!

Hope Saban performs worse than Mike Shula (who coached very well, apart from the fact he couldn't beat Auburn, which is all that matters in Tuscaloosa).

Looks like sour grapes to me. Don't be upset just because you don't make $4 million per year. :p

As for Saban performing worse than Shula, it ain't gonna happen. Shula lead the Tide through the lean years of the NCAA sanctions. If Saban stays beyond 2008, he'll have a team with a full compliment of scholarshiped athletes who were highly sought after from other SEC schools. That was a luxury Shula never had.

BTW, auburn is not all that matters here in T-Town. Championships are what matter here. auburn is just another game on the schedule on the road to winnning another NC. If you check out the fan message boards of both teams, you'll notice that this rivalry means a hell of a lot more to auburn than it does to the Crimson Tide. auburn has benefited the most from the Tide's misfortunes. Shula's poor record against the powers of the SEC are not the only reason why he got fired. I can give you many other reasons why if you're interested.

Re: Bill 'the Chin' Cowher

Steelers' Cowher resigns as head coach

I give him 12 months before he returns with either wa$hington, miami or carolina. The grass...or should I say the money is always greener on the other side. ;) The Rooney family had this coming at the start of the season.. another play-off run wouldn't have changed a thing for Cowher. It's about $$$ and the 'cover story' of family first...doesn't fool me for one second. ;)

Cowher has been marvellous, still underachieved (could've filled the trophy cabinet more) and the next guy will have a great roster to return the steelers back to where we belong. :thumbsu:

I give him 12 months before he returns with either wa$hington, miami or carolina. . :thumbsu:

If he goes to the Skins in 2008, the word is he will get 10 Mil per. Fox should be safe even f they miss out ont he playoffs next year and I can't see the Fins going the Art Shell route. If he is going to go to the Dolphis he would have to go this year, but I doubt with such an old team they would give up the picks required for him.

How would Cowher do with the ever changing personnel @ Washington?

I don't think the revolving door of players would hurt Cowher that much. During the mid 90's the Steelers constantly lost All-Pro players and were constantly good. The only area offensivly that didn't go through wholesale changes and raids constantly during the Cowher era was RB & O-Line, both of which have been pretty constant for a while now in D.C.

So someone with only 2 years of NFL coaching experience and a 15-17 overall record is worth 10 mil per year??? That rumor is total BS.

I'll be the one to say...

eh?;)

I think you've mis-read my friend. Bill Cowher has been around a fair while longer...:)

I'll be the one to say...

eh?;)

I think you've mis-read my friend. Bill Cowher has been around a fair while longer...:)

I've made the necessary changes. However, Bill Cowher discussions belong in another thread because the title of this one is "Nick Saban."

Dolphins QB Culpepper to be traded or released

Report: Dolphins QB Culpepper to be traded or released

The rise and fall of Daunte Culpepper

Drafted 1999 - 1st round (11th pick) by the Minnesota Vikings

First playing season:

2000 - 33 TDs, 16 Ints, 4,000 yards.

2001 & 2002 less impressive

2003 - 25 TDs, 11 Ints, 3,500 yards.

2004 - 39 TDs, 11 Ints, 4,700 yards (MVP Contender)

2005 - 6 TDs and 12 Ints in 7 games (busted ankle?)

2006 (Miami) - 2 TDs and 3 Ints in 4 games (injury)

2007 - to be traded or released, and out in the wilderness

Surely worth the risk? His last healthy season he was MVP (in any other year that Manning didnt have one of the most remarkable season in football)

There are a lot of QB's and starting QB's in this league who have done a lot less.

Re: Report: Dolphins QB Culpepper to be traded or released

In 2005, he torn all three ligaments in his knee as well as sustained kneecap damage, not his ankle. he still hasn't fully recovered from it and it is the reason he played so little last year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back