Michaelia Cash - The Meltdown in Senate Committee

Remove this Banner Ad

unbelievable

thanks for posting as I've only heard Cash and not the question that "fired her up". she comes across as even more of a dick after seeing that.

Are you curious how many single, no kids, no excuse layabouts my wife and I pay for as we juggle two jobs and a couple of kids + mortgage, food, day care, medical bills, schooling, rates etc?

Lol.

.........................good answer apart from not mentioning the drug dealing part :thumbsu:

CAN WE GET A BIG " AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW " FOR XSESS EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honest question but , if you can budget for kids etc , surely you can answer my simple question.

How would one be able to be a drug dealer ( we'll go with pot for the questions sake ) on $540 a fortnight ???
Dont be a knob and deflect , just answer

What a diabolical level of politics and media we are currently living through. Where to even start?

- I'll go with the easy thing first. We "lefties" can do better than calling Cash a "bitch". There's no reasonable justification for it - it has always been, and is still understood to be a gendered slur. In my opinion, it weakens your argument as soon as you call her that word. I think the media has bought into this too - the imagery that it continues to use is supposed to paint a picture of an unhinged, screeching woman.

But with that said...

- Cash is a ******* piece of trash of the highest order. That she still holds her job, and that the Govt framed her changed title in December as a promotion - despite the AWU leaks last year - is outrageous, and is so symptomatic of Turnbull's lack of spine, and lack of character.

- She is still on the ropes after those AWU leaks, and she should be. Leaks like that endanger investigations, they endanger police, and they endanger everyone's right to a fair trial. That should've been enough for her to lose her ministerial job, at least temporarily.

- And yesterday... **** me. We've seen some really heinous things in Australian politics over the last 20 years. The children overboard lie, the continued demonisation of anyone who isn't white, the ongoing vilification of Indigenous people, Shorten's weasely press conference before he knifed Gillard - but yesterday was as bad as I've ever seen. Cash was unhinged, she was out of line, and she was downright offensive.

It's hard to believe we're still living in an era where a politician - a female politician, a former minister for women, and a representative of the minister for women yesterday - is prepared to hark back to the disgusting, sexist bullshit of implying that a woman must be sleeping her way to the top to get anywhere. She should apologise, and she should resign. For anyone interested in gender equality, who has done any gender studies, or is just plain not a s**t person, you would surely understand how disgusting her attack was yesterday, and why it's not justifiable.

The notion that a woman can't hold misogynist views is just plain true. A woman can hold outdated views on the role of women, on how they must (apparently) act to succeed, and on how they aren't as capable as men. It's still sexist as ****, even if it's a woman espousing those views.

Turnbull made it worse yesterday too. In a way, saying that she was provoked into it is just a different take on the "she asked for it" line.

And then we have the media who continue to try and justify the unjustifiable. Anyone who attempted to justify that has no credibility (though in the case of Bolt, Kenny and Devine, they didn't have any left.) You won't get a more stark example of a fourth estate who no longer even want to given an illusion of impartiality or objectivity - it's just mindless ******* cheerleading now. These *******s are the Kevin Bartlett of political media. The "whataboutism"/"she was provoked" bullshit is just embarrassing.

I'm so disgusted by what happened yesterday, and I'm blown away that she hasn't apologised. In the context of her refusal to answer questions relating to the AWU leaks, or relating to using tax payers money to defend a guy who was breaking the law he was supposed to be upholding, or relating to her constant ducking of criticism when she bails on estimates or makes security shield her from media - it is political stupidity to let this drag on. Even if she didn't really believe she should, the politically intelligent thing would've been to apologise and try and get it off the table.

It boggles the mind that she can hold such an important ministry when she is so obviously a dumb campaigner.

^^ post of the fred :thumbsu:

Ewart Dave ‏ @davidbewart 22h22 hours ago
"extremely personal" questions from Doug Cameron were:
"Do you have a new chief of staff; who are they; why won’t you tell us who they are; have they come from your department; have they come from another party-aligned organisation.

VERY curious as to why mentioning a female staffer sent muckliar postal.........

unbelievable

thanks for posting as I've only heard Cash and not the question that "fired her up". she comes across as even more of a dick after seeing that.
And from what I gather the convention is that staff aren't named in these sittings anyway - which was all she had to say isn't it?

"I think it is convention for ministers never to name staff in these things so I will take a minute to check that if that's OK? I don't want to unwittingly do the wrong thing here."

I could have it wrong though - anyone?

And from what I gather the convention is that staff aren't named in these sittings anyway - which was all she had to say isn't it?

"I think it is convention for ministers never to name staff in these things so I will take a minute to check that if that's OK? I don't want to unwittingly do the wrong thing here."

Department Heads and Chief of Staff are usually named, everyone else is generally off-limits

Isn't the rumour that another minister is in the same boat as Barnaby (i.e. staffer becomes partner, sans the pregnancy)?

Hadn't heard that.
Something is going on with muckliar that we're not privvy to.

Actually governing the country is too hard for this gubmint, but this is their bread and butter, inane self-obsessive, narcissistic, and sociopathic crap. This is what we elected them for.

I have no idea what was going on in her brain.

Whether she thought she was being clever and exposing Shorten like Abbott last year or Barnaby this year. Or just feeling the heat of the questions and trying to deflect.

Either way, poor form.

Whether true or false, activities of consenting adults is separate to the job of politicians. There is also a concept of not "going after family" which to me means not discussing affairs as this obvious hurts kids and partners.

This rubbish should be a sack-able offence, just like it would be in the workplace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea what was going on in her brain.

Whether she thought she was being clever and exposing Shorten like Abbott last year or Barnaby this year. Or just feeling the heat of the questions and trying to deflect.

Either way, poor form.

Whether true or false, activities of consenting adults is separate to the job of politicians. There is also a concept of not "going after family" which to me means not discussing affairs as this obvious hurts kids and partners.

This rubbish should be a sack-able offence, just like it would be in the workplace.

Guess how much the Australian public gives a s**t about who in Canberra is bonking who, or accusing each other of being Hitler Youth?

At the moment the Australian parliament is being driven by nonsense gossip rather than policies that affect real people.

Guess how much the Australian public gives a s**t about who in Canberra is bonking who, or accusing each other of being Hitler Youth?

At the moment the Australian parliament is being driven by nonsense gossip rather than policies that affect real people.

Personally I think canberra should be closed down and parliament attended by video conference.

Further all communication with lobby groups should also be done by video conference available for public review immediately or the appropriate delay if warranted.

and then that dog guy chimes in with more thick campaigner right-wing logic

View attachment 464912

Disagree, the question was just a sarky snipe at how the liberals/ nationals shift people from office to office and wanting to know if they really got the best person by competitive tender.

Not his fault that Cash is on the paranoid side and lashed out. Or if he realised it then that's just effective politics these days, to make your opponents melt and seem less capable as a result.

Disagree there. As I said, I'd like to use the word 'nasty' in addition to the word bitch but unsure where the limit lies in derogatory language towards a specific sex.

I'd be quite happy to lump Michaelia in with them of course. And throw in a Hanson-Young for good measure. Got to be even handed afterall.

Perhaps we could run a poll Chief? Which pollies are not bitches? Im going to guess the results would be fairly partisan though. Which is a shame. Politics should be all about right and wrong, not left and right.

Cath McGowan, maybe - at least holds a seat as an independent, which means she doesn't have a party machine. Seems rational when I have heard her talk.

I disagree. The word 'bitch' certainly has unnecessarily sexist overtones. When referring to Cash, other words such as, 'odious', 'pustulent' and 'syphillitic' may be equally accurately applied, without those sexist implications.

Syphillitic maybe not; there hasn't been a case of tertiary syphillis in Australia for a long time. The bacteria that live on the side on pond scum would be an acceptable substitute.

Not his fault that Cash is on the paranoid side and lashed out. Or if he realised it then that's just effective politics these days, to make your opponents melt and seem less capable as a result.
That picture of her looking like a rabid koala will follow her till the day she retires/resigns/sacked/taken off to jail.

She has no future apart from the attack person

Actually governing the country is too hard for this gubmint, but this is their bread and butter, inane self-obsessive, narcissistic, and sociopathic crap. This is what we elected them for.

Yeah, so much for the grown-ups being in charge, these are just adult-sized school bullies.

Labor - particularly Rudd, Shorten, Tanner, Gillard - started this when they, for whatever god forsaken reason, blinked on climate change.

It was a dysfunctional government and we haven’t had a functional one since.

I think the damage rupe rat and his cro IRS have done is almost now irreversible

Too many people have been conditioned

Are you curious how many single, no kids, no excuse layabouts my wife and I pay for as we juggle two jobs and a couple of kids + mortgage, food, day care, medical bills, schooling, rates etc?

Lol.

Gee sounds like you've got a lot on your plate

More reason to get politically active

If you bring kids into this shithole of a world and do nothing , you're more at fault than anyone

World s like this because of US and our apathy

We stand for nothing now

my wife and I pay for as we juggle two jobs and a couple of kids + mortgage, food, day care, medical bills, schooling, rates etc?
Been there, done that and all on my own as as single parent. Only difference is that I didn't have time to worry about anyone else and never met any layabouts as too busy.
Seems you have too much time on your hands, suggest you need a third job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back