Mid season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Havent seen alot of him but thought he looked really good today. Strangely quick for a 190cm player

Screenshot_20240525-181252.png

22 year old Medical Student who has never been in the elite pathway ...

Picked up playing for Maffra in Gippsland on placement ... he is St Kevin's old boy from memory and was playing in the VAFA before his debut this weekend.

View attachment 2000305

22 year old Medical Student who has never been in the elite pathway ...

Picked up playing for Maffra in Gippsland on placement ... he is St Kevin's old boy from memory and was playing in the VAFA before his debut this weekend.

Medical student… has he nominated? Might not give up a high paying career for an AFL chance

Remy
Davidson
Pass
I don't get the logic in passing. I'd use all four picks.

Even if there's **** all players worth taking, grab a couple of blokes on short contracts and treat it the same as we do with train-ons for SSP.

Let's be honest. Mid-season draft picks are effectively hail-marys. Might get a ready to go mid who is serviceable or even better but the rest are speculative. We won't pick a mid I suspect because we currently have Taranto, Hopper, McAuliffe, Dow, Baker (ok could be gone), Ross, Sonsie, Graham and Prestia on our list... and mainly because we'll use our first pick in the draft to get a really good mid.

We've got no fit back up ruckman. Anyone who could play, played tonight, so we have to get one of those (or gamble on having no back up when Nank gets injured/suspended). We have 2 key defenders out in Gibcus and Young, so that's likely to be something we replace or do we. Play Balta back where and have Kosi as a back-up (add Bauer to that list as well). In that case we need a KPF...

Howes, Hutchinson, Blight, Teakle, Pike, even Scaife all likely in play at some point for us. Interesting conundrum for the list management team...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can just see Cornes , Parrot etc sinking the boots in when we are the first team to play a game with less than 23 players.
2 picks doesn’t make sense , even when you consider we are unlikely to find any gems with those latter picks.
Multiple long term injuries,
Grimes, Graham, struggling to play multiple games and Prestias hammy history.concussion protocols.
Bewildering

I can just see Cornes , Parrot etc sinking the boots in when we are the first team to play a game with less than 23 players.
2 picks doesn’t make sense , even when you consider we are unlikely to find any gems with those latter picks.
Multiple long term injuries,
Grimes, Graham, struggling to play multiple games and Prestias hammy history.
Bewildering
Also more likely to find 1 player with 4 attempts than 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back