Live Event Mid Season Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett (for Smith), Eastland (for Draper), Riccardi (for Daniher). Obviously the trio aren't the same quality but at least a similar mould.
My heart is really set on Mitch Maguire. I think if we go Pickett he might be gone by our second. Eastland I haven’t seen, taking a stab at a mature age Ruck is a good idea as Clarke will be off the list next year Ajung Ajung could be a good one to have develop for half a year. Would be more than Happy with Riccardi, maybe Corey Rich or Hugo Munn. It’s gonna be interesting and no doubt Dodoro will pick someone we haven’t mentioned at all in this thread.

I imagine Lowson and Dunkley go 1 and 2.

Have no idea after that haha

Lowson is an interesting one.

His stats don't exactly jump off the page and he's not particularly quick, he's got a pretty powerful short build though.

Could be another Puopolo type I guess.

Lowson is an interesting one.

His stats don't exactly jump off the page and he's not particularly quick, he's got a pretty powerful short build though.

Could be another Puopolo type I guess.
Lowson’s stock has probably fallen over the last 2 weeks. A lot of close watchers of Lowson say his tank is shocking and would be a pre season or 2!

Just to be clear this draft is a rookie draft. Players taken have a minimum contract to October 31, 2019 at which point normal rookie re-listing or upgrading rules apply. Rookies have never counted as one of the “minimum three list changes” as that rule refer to changes to the senior list, unless of course the rookie is upgraded and added to the senior list during the draft (which theoretically uses the clubs last pick in the national draft).

Okay. Have you seen much of Eastland or Ajang?

Eastland's pretty good - well coordinated, skilled, fitness levels look to be fine and can play up forward too. Being a bit shorter than the majority of AFL ruckman though, not sure he has the leap, athleticism or aggression that you need to compensate for those few cm. But could see him developing into a nicely rounded player, perhaps in the mould of a shorter Callum Sinclair that would certainly warrant development time for a couple of years on a list.

Eastland's pretty good - well coordinated, skilled, fitness levels look to be fine and can play up forward too. Being a bit shorter than the majority of AFL ruckman though, not sure he has the leap, athleticism or aggression that you need to compensate for those few cm. But could see him developing into a nicely rounded player, perhaps in the mould of a shorter Callum Sinclair that would certainly warrant development time for a couple of years on a list.
He's grown to 198 now according to the AFL website, not that much shorter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ex Port squad player Mason Shaw keeps kicking goals for South Freo in the WAFL...and has regularly done so since being delisted by Port. I think he stands about 197/98 cm, openly admits struggled with the demands as an AFL player as a youngster.....like ex Magpie Corey Gault understands his body more and the demands of footy etc.....WBD are in need of a replacement for Boyd....Shaw perhaps might be a roughie to get drafted on Mon. Pity about Pickett, injured the same finger yesterday, which had kept him out until last week....shocking luck for the fella.

Is Jye Bolton a terrible bloke?

Apparently the knock on him initially was that he was too inside, so he moved to WA, gets a million touches inside and outside as well as kicking goals, but still can’t get a gig. What’s up with it?

Is Jye Bolton a terrible bloke?

Apparently the knock on him initially was that he was too inside, so he moved to WA, gets a million touches inside and outside as well as kicking goals, but still can’t get a gig. What’s up with it?
He must have an attitude problem

What happens if they refuse their contact? Eg if someone like Dunkley reckons he'll get picked up at the end of the year and would rather sit out for 6 months than go to the GC? Is it the standard 2 year ban?

What happens if they refuse their contact? Eg if someone like Dunkley reckons he'll get picked up at the end of the year and would rather sit out for 6 months than go to the GC? Is it the standard 2 year ban?
No idea, but if someone like Dunkley knew that they wouldn’t of nominated less then a month ago when the ladder was pretty similar to now.

Anyone drafted tomorrow is in effect on the rookie list until 31 October 2019. If they wish they can depart the club and nominate for the drafts, the club can cut them or they can sign a contract tying them to the club either as a rookie or on the main list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back