Meet Up Mingle with the players night @ Glasshouse (July 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Swooper18

All Australian
Dec 22, 2008
South Yarra
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
I was at Glasshouse tonight to mingle with the players. Alex Fasolo told me he will be returning in a couple of weeks, possibly sooner than that. I then went on tell him if I were in Bucks’ shoes, I would instruct Howe, Scharenberg or Langdon to go third man up to mark, or spoil to the surface where Maynard and Crisp can generate transition from defence. Alex was in very good spirits and my parting question to him was ‘Are you still happy at the club?’ His reply was ‘I love it here’.

I then had discussions with Matthew Scharenberg, Brayden Sier, Sam Murray & Adam Oxley. Then I had a lengthy exchange with Jack Crisp about him being the barometer of Collingwood’s transition. I added afterwards that Billy (Elliott) and Solo (Fasolo) could win a final for us.

As for my nickname suggestion, I have encouraged a number of players to refer to Alex as Solo instead of Fas. Hopefully the Han Solo trend works a treat at training or in games.

I dubbed Jordan De Goey & Darcy Moore Oakleigh Chargers boys, given they played junior footy together, before being drafted together.

Billy (Jamie Elliott) was next after that. I told him that he is my mother’s favourite player, while elaborating to him that Alex was in my corner.

Jaidyn Stephenson followed, and I informed him about our first conversation at the Season Launch four months earlier. I concluded to him that he had exceeded expectations, and that he shall continue to do so.

Will Hoskin-Elliott was next, I let him know that his goal streak in consecutive games had ceased last weekend, which he was aware of, before we both hoped for a return to the scoreboard against the Bombers on Sunday.

I culminated the evening’s proceedings with Steele Sidebottom, a former Bombers fan who will be playing his 200th game this weekend. I told him about kicking on both feet, which we both like to do or when I did as a footballer. He was the last of a string of players to hear I was turning 28 in just over a fortnight’s time. My parting wish was for Steele to steal the show against Essendon and provide a victory in his milestone game and for the club.

I was at Glasshouse tonight to mingle with the players. Alex Fasolo told me he will be returning in a couple of weeks, possibly sooner than that. I then went on tell him if I were in Bucks’ shoes, I would instruct Howe, Scharenberg or Langdon to go third man up to mark, or spoil to the surface where Maynard and Crisp can generate transition from defence. Alex was in very good spirits and my parting question to him was ‘Are you still happy at the club?’ His reply was ‘I love it here’.

I then had discussions with Matthew Scharenberg, Brayden Sier, Sam Murray & Adam Oxley. Then I had a lengthy exchange with Jack Crisp about him being the barometer of Collingwood’s transition. I added afterwards that Billy (Elliott) and Solo (Fasolo) could win a final for us.

As for my nickname suggestion, I have encouraged a number of players to refer to Alex as Solo instead of Fas. Hopefully the Han Solo trend works a treat at training or in games.

I dubbed Jordan De Goey & Darcy Moore Oakleigh Chargers boys, given they played junior footy together, before being drafted together.

Billy (Jamie Elliott) was next after that. I told him that he is my mother’s favourite player, while elaborating to him that Alex was in my corner.

Jaidyn Stephenson followed, and I informed him about our first conversation at the Season Launch four months earlier. I concluded to him that he had exceeded expectations, and that he shall continue to do so.

Will Hoskin-Elliott was next, I let him know that his goal streak in consecutive games had ceased last weekend, which he was aware of, before we both hoped for a return to the scoreboard against the Bombers on Sunday.

I culminated the evening’s proceedings with Steele Sidebottom, a former Bombers fan who will be playing his 200th game this weekend. I told him about kicking on both feet, which we both like to do or when I did as a footballer. He was the last of a string of players to hear I was turning 28 in just over a fortnight’s time. My parting wish was for Steele to steal the show against Essendon and provide a victory in his milestone game and for the club.

Let’s hope your last suggestion to Steele comes to fruition......it would be awesome for us and I think a nice pre birthday present for you.

Nice work tonight......thanks for sharing.

So long as he shoots first...

The sooner Faz (Solo) gets back on the park and gets some touch the better.

Was/is a beautiful shot for goal.

And agreed, he could win a final for us.

I for one will be sad i he decides/gets pushed out.

Love the Faz (Solo).

Did you ask Crisp about his nude photos?

Thanks swoop.
No offence mate but your post is all about what you said.
Would liked to have heard what they said as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Water can only be consumed in the form of an ice cube, with a nice slug of scotch.
Don’t do it:
“Rather than enhancing flavours, it inhibits them as the ice makes the temperature of the whiskydrop rapidly. It is the same as when you drink a good white wine that has been chilled down too much. It will be a more refreshing drink and calm the burn of alcohol, but can make the whisky taste dull and flat.”

I'm sure they will all take a lot from your meeting.

Don’t do it:
“Rather than enhancing flavours, it inhibits them as the ice makes the temperature of the whiskydrop rapidly. It is the same as when you drink a good white wine that has been chilled down too much. It will be a more refreshing drink and calm the burn of alcohol, but can make the whisky taste dull and flat.”
One cube can be ok, depending how big etc.

Too many cubes for your blended drinks.

The real good scotch neat is always a fine choice.

Don’t do it:
No ice, just a splash of water:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back