Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tants

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Men in the middle: Nat Fyfe (129 attendances), Rory Lobb (120), David Mundy (115), Michael Walters (81), Reece Conca (73), Andrew Brayshaw (50), Darcy Tucker (43), Sean Darcy (35), Matt Taberner (15), Jesse Hogan (7), Bradley Hill (4), Adam Cerra (4), Lachie Schultz (2), Bailey Banfield (2)

Go-to guys: The Dockers want quality around the ball, and since Lachie Neale's departure Mundy and Walters have been pushed into the middle more often. Conca, Brayshaw and Tucker rotate through as defensive-minded options.

Most successful starting four: Lobb, Fyfe, Mundy, Walters Clearance record: 17 wins, 8 losses

Ruck and roll: No surprises that stoppage beast Fyfe and Lobb are Freo's best duo, combining for seven centre clearances this season.

Average centre clearance differential: +2.7 Ranked: 2nd

Average points from centre bounces differential: +6.3 Ranked: 2nd

Analysis: Rory Lobb might not be Aaron Sandilands, but the former Giant has more often than not held his own in the ruck, and with Fyfe, Mundy and Walters all in outstanding touch the Dockers boast some serious class at ground level. Throw Connor Blakely back into the mix – and potentially Sean Darcy and Sandilands if he can get fit – and you can see why Fremantle is as well-placed as any side to take advantage of the new 6-6-6 starting positions.
Lobb's doing fine in the centre according to this article (from afl.com.au).

Freo_4eva

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont, San Antonio, ND Irish
Ballas' illustrious Horse Training career continues tomorrow @ Ascot.. Race 3, Number 6 - Mankind.

Underwhelming start for Hayden, 2 provincial runs for a last and 2nd last (not this horse).

Mankind has talent though.. might be worth a cheeky.

Kapow!!!

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ballas' illustrious Horse Training career continues tomorrow @ Ascot.. Race 3, Number 6 - Mankind.

Underwhelming start for Hayden, 2 provincial runs for a last and 2nd last (not this horse).

Mankind has talent though.. might be worth a cheeky.
Geez it's even got a fish on the back of it, must be pretty confident then.

(It's common punting knowledge with my mates over here in the east that if you're not sure on WA races to back either horses ridden by Pike or Whiting i.e. "Back a Fish in Perth". Pike in particular is a good jockey to back)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo_4eva

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont, San Antonio, ND Irish
Pike is a freak.. I assume he's on board mostly because he rode the horse for the previous trainer (who is also the juggernaut that trains mostly for Bob Peters, the leading WA Owner).. but it will def. help having him in the saddle!

As for Cox, Ryan and Kersten.. not sure, they weren't on the official list but could very well share ownership with those other boys.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Geez it's even got a fish on the back of it, must be pretty confident then.

(It's common punting knowledge with my mates over here in the east that if you're not sure on WA races to back either horses ridden by Pike or Whiting i.e. "Back a Fish in Perth". Pike in particular is a good jockey to back)
WA racing is very, very dirty and Pike has the right connections and gets put on the “right” horses.

Top Bottom