MLB Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Jays waisted the year. Bought a team to win it all. Rapt to see a Mets Royals WS. Who would have picked it at the start of the year.

It was sad to see the Cubs go down without a fight, however, I am hugely proud of the team. We have an amazing future to look forward to. Add a couple strong arms and the skies the limit for this team.

Credit where it's due for the Mets. They played a great series and fully deserve their place in the World Series as painful as it is. There's a big part of me that wants the Royals to pound the Mets into next week and then compound the Mets misery by unveiling their World Series banner in front of the Mets in their Opening Day 2016 series in Kansas City. :D

Blue Jays waisted the year. Bought a team to win it all. Rapt to see a Mets Royals WS. Who would have picked it at the start of the year.
Was great to see the Jays go out.
Had the Royals in the WS at start of the season but the Mets have blindsided me totally, didn't have them even making the playoffs. Let's just hope they are swept now:p

Was great to see the Jays go out.
Had the Royals in the WS at start of the season but the Mets have blindsided me totally, didn't have them even making the playoffs. Let's just hope they are swept now:p
No let's not hope that. :p

Congratulations to the Mets for winning the NL pennant. Just a dominant LCS against the Cubs, who probably emerged quicker than most expected this season (like the Astros). The Cubs will be around for some time to come, especially with the likely looming pitching upgrades, which will complement their already killer lineup.

You always had the feeling that the Mets were built to succeed in the playoffs, if they got there. They might not have made the playoffs without Cespedes, but they still would've challenged on the back of their incredible starting pitching. To think they've not even had Wheeler all season as well. I hope they win it all from here, they're pretty hard to dislike.

Amazing effort from the Royals as well. It's difficult enough to win 1 pennant, but to win 2 in a row is extraordinary, especially for a small-market team. This is about the only way to do it - homegrown players and trades/FA signings that pay off in spades. All in all, it's two extremely likeable teams (maybe Yordano Ventura aside) playing off, and it should be a great series. Mets in 7 for me.

As for my Dodgers, we did the expected and parted ways with Mattingly. I think that all things considered, Mattingly did a reasonable job. His in-game decisions were questionable at times, but I doubt any manager would've done better in managing what's been an extremely volatile clubhouse in the past 5 years. That stuff is hard to quantify, but he's considered to have done a masterful job in managing egos like Puig, Ramirez etc. Ultimately, Pedro Baez, the reliever who gave up the big hit in the 2014 and 2015 playoffs, is as much to blame for Mattingly leaving as any other person/factor. We're in fairly good shape going forward, but given that Mattingly won 3 straight division titles and STILL lost his job, the new manager's goal is effectively World Series glory or bust. Good luck, mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back