MLB Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cubs HAVE to win tonight(Tues). They just HAVE to. My brother made a secondary Cubs lottery and scored two tickets for tomorrow(Wed.) night. It will be my first post season game ever. I won't be too upset if the Cubs lose, except if it's the game that clinches the pennant for the Mets. That would kill me. Well, walking up that ramp to the Upper Deck might kill me first!

krisbryantandanthonyrizzo_zpskwmxmw5d.jpg

Cubs getting balls called strikes when batting and not getting s**t whilst pitching is frustrating. 1-1 though in the top of the second

Strike zone laughably bad, actually. Strike two calls on Monterro and Hendricks in the second were 5 inches off the plate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Excitment here, book in game one, Royals vs Mets in Kansas

Kansas on a mission after last year to win it in 5.

I'm optimistic in general but gee it's tough to be for this series!!
Just have to take it one game at a time. Still two home games left plus G6 with Arrieta (most likely) if get that far. So all hope is not gone but the Mets have been great.

Back to the future day indeed. Another similar score line and another Murphy HR on the back of another great pitching outing.

Only got to see the first inning of Jays/Royals this morning but wow, Dickey's pitching was absolutely terrible. Have to hope for a miracle but you'd have to lock in KC/Mets.
One good thing about this season is that the World Series winner will be a team who hasn't won it in a long time. Blue Jays were the most recent in 1993 I think

Posted this earlier today on a baseball forum:

This is all icing on the cake. I never expected that the Cubs would make the post season this year as most people didn't either. I thought next year would be the start of a few years of post season play with a WS appearance and just maybe a WS win. I'm glad it started this year so I have the chance to see a NLCS game. I doubt I'll still be here next year at this time, so tonight's a once in a lifetime opportunity for me.

For 25 years I was rarely able to see a Cubs game. Australian TV only had the NBC Game of the Week on a few years and I was able to watch some WS games when they were shown. So no matter how good or bad they've been the past 15 seasons, I've been able to see them in person at Wrigley and a few opposition grounds as well as watch them on TV much of the time. Tonight will probably be the last game I ever go to see the Cubs play, so I'm wanting them to win, but if that proves not to be the case, I'm OK with it, except that I'll be there to see the Mets clinch the pennant. I was 17 in 1969 so the memories of that year are still in my soul. It was the Cubs fault they folded, but the Mets seem to be a worthy scapegoat for it.

I will be wearing my Anthony Rizzo t shirt under my Cubs jersey tonight and the Cubs cap I purchased at Wrigley on Oct 3, 2001 the day Sammy Sosa hit his 61st homer for the season and the Cubs won. My Ron Santo pin will be on the jersey and a new Ernie Banks pin, hopefully, after I enter Wrigley Field.

Next winter(Southern Hemisphere) I hope to be able to watch the Cubs on my computer or on TV and be able to watch my Western Bulldogs in person as both teams defy the odds and win the ultimate in their respective sports.

An edition: I'll also have my Western Bulldogs pin on my jersey and bring my WB jacket along with me. The weather looks fine with a temp of about 22C at gametime, though anyone who has been to Chcago knows not to trust the weather forecast and expect the unexpected(OK, I stole that line from the American Big Brother show, I confess.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back