Mobile gaming thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought i'd start a thread dedicated to gaming on mobile devices (like Angry Birds/Stick Cricket etc)
Today only, you can download the Android version of Carmageddon for Free. Looks magnificent!

(mods - is it possible to get a Mobile prefix done up)

(mods - is it possible to get a Mobile prefix done up)
We had one in the works, but Chief fell asleep on it.

Will see if we can get one done again.

I'm playing the Iron Man 3 game.

It's good for 5 minute bursts, but is pretty much designed to get as much cash out of you as possible (which I'm not giving them).
Sounds like every mobile game on the market.
It's funny that people dont care about micro transactions when gaming on mobiles but put that onto a console and it's the worst thing since Aids.

Tell me some good iPhone apps to keep me procrastinating from the slog that is the last three weeks of uni. Hate games like Angry Birds, more into your role players and shooters. Something console-y.

Sounds like every mobile game on the market.
It's funny that people dont care about micro transactions when gaming on mobiles but put that onto a console and it's the worst thing since Aids.
Big difference for mine. The freemium model needs to have extras so they can update content and make some cash for themselves. Consoles still heavily revolve around paying massive overs for the game itself (compared to most other markets, especially for a digital copies) then paying for DLC in addition to that.

I hate forking out often 60 bucks or more for a game then another 8 bucks to get a new weapon/skin/map pack/car etc. Guess thats why I don't vidya game much anymore.

As for good games, picked up GTA VC for 2 bucks a couple of days ago and its well worth a play through

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...-of-the-old-republic-works-great-on-ipad.aspx

After a couple of hours listening to Carth complain about my dubious “kill everyone for no good reason” policy in the just-released iPad adaptation of BioWare’s seminal Star Wars RPG, I can confidently give it several thumbs up as a touchscreen game.
This $9.99 purchase is a direct port of the entire game – no episodes, microtransactions, advertisements, or social-networking garbage has been introduced to sully KOTOR’s sublime adventure. On the other hand, no changes to the graphics or gameplay have been made either – the story is still told through the archaic version of Star Wars d20 tabletop rules. The graphics are exactly the same (though the resolution is much higher than the console game, of course, and the flawless framerate helps its crisp and fluid appearance on the iPad’s gorgeous display), the rules are the same, the story is the same…only the interface has changed.
The touchscreen controls are adequate. I’d still rather play KOTOR with a gamepad or a mouse/keyboard setup, but I don’t mind the iPad controls. Swiping controls the camera and movement, and feels natural if a bit imprecise after the initial adjustment period. Combat directives are given with simple touches for target, power, and item selection. I wouldn’t want to do anything in real time in this scheme, but KOTOR’s simple action can be paused at any time and combat outcomes are determined by die rolls under the hood anyway.
KOTOR’s environments look hilariously bare to the modern gamer’s eye, and animations are stiff and repetitive at best. Character faces still look surprisingly good, though, and the voice-acting is not only unrivaled by its peers but still better than most games released since its 2003 debut. The story has aged as well as any Star Wars tale and better than most; this remains one of the greatest RPGs ever created and is little worse for wear as it nears its tenth birthday.
Playing on PC with mods that improve a lot of the graphics and core gameplay is still the best way to play KOTOR in 2013, but this release crushes the competition on iPad. Don’t let the unconventional controls scare you away.
Neither EA, BioWare, or Aspyr (which handled this port) responded with anything but a "no comment" when asked about further back-catalog releases or the possibility of bringing this to Android, sadly.

No idea on Aus store price or when it hits.

Tell me some good iPhone apps to keep me procrastinating from the slog that is the last three weeks of uni. Hate games like Angry Birds, more into your role players and shooters. Something console-y.

Tilt to Live. Hands down the best mobile game I've ever played. Think Geometry Wars but forty-eight times as good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is fun, tried a few manager games on mobile but this seems to be the best so far.

Yep agreed - for a free game, it's not bad at all. I think I'm into my 6-7th season so far. Still have a few of my original team :cool:

I've been playing for about the same time, in division 7 at the moment.

Same as me I think (have been promoted every season I've played - though missed out on the CL places last season by 1 freaking point haha). I've only won 1 competition though :D

Bump.

Surprised there was not a bigger/more recent thread on this. Maybe I missed it.

I got Alto's Adventure a few days ago and love it. Its gorgeous, easy(ish), fun and I love the music too.

http://altosadventure.com/

Bump.

Surprised there was not a bigger/more recent thread on this. Maybe I missed it.

I got Alto's Adventure a few days ago and love it. Its gorgeous, easy(ish), fun and I love the music too.

http://altosadventure.com/
Yeah, doesn't seem a big deal for many of our members.

The kids are into MiniDayZ at the moment.

I just want one that isn't tedious.

The phone screen is just too small to make it any good.

Well they are all going to be tedious purely because the vast majority of mobile games are based around micro-transactions and unless you're willing to pay you're going to have to grind.

As to the second point, I'm actually not sure, but could you play it on a tablet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back