'Modern heroes'? Assange, Manning, Snowden, Hammond...

Remove this Banner Ad

I can agree with that. As far as his personal struggle went, it was a fine victory. And I especially agree with you on whose head the expected 'failure' to come will lie. On Snowden's personal fate though, I just hope Russia in their infinite wisdom aren't seeing him as some sort of juicy bargaining chip to be played with at a later date.

NONE of the 'Great Game' players are particularly trustworthy.
After more than 8 years what’s your verdict on Russia?

After more than 8 years what’s your verdict on Russia?

Russia is slipping in my view. Really, ever since Vlad Putin went to war with that all-female punk band Pussy Riot over their championing of LGBT+ rights (among other things) back in 2011/2012 they've been slipping.

Still, we need a multi-polar world. One where each 'Great Game' power can be held in check by one or more peer-powers. I just wish it was a BETTER Russia or a better China or a better India that was providing alternate world leadershiip.

Washington needs a check and a balance. So does Moscow.

Russia is slipping in my view. Really, ever since Vlad Putin went to war with that all-female punk band Pussy Riot over their championing of LGBT+ rights (among other things) back in 2011/2012 they've been slipping.

Still, we need a multi-polar world. One where each 'Great Game' power can be held in check by one or more peer-powers. I just wish it was a BETTER Russia or a better China or a better India that was providing alternate world leadershiip.

I meant the treatment of Snowden. Sorry.

I meant the treatment of Snowden. Sorry.

No worries, my mistake. Last I heard he'd been given premanent residency status in Russia. This from October 2020;

Interestingly he'd like to return to the United States but only if he gets a fair trial. I don't think Washington is forthcoming on this point yet so I guess he stays in Russia. As for how they're treating him, I don't think they've put him to any use propagandawise. He's been living life but living it pretty low-key by what I can see.

No worries, my mistake. Last I heard he'd been given premanent residency status in Russia. This from October 2020;

Interestingly he'd like to return to the United States but only if he gets a fair trial. I don't think Washington is forthcoming on this point yet so I guess he stays in Russia. As for how they're treating him, I don't think they've put him to any use propagandawise. He's been living life but living it pretty low-key by what I can see.

It weird how someone who exposes government corruption and lies has to go to trial…
Assange being basically tortured for publishing war crimes…

And then we hear the US attacking the Russians for the same thing …

AFID whatever the acronym American Foundation for International Democracy is cia cut out, see: Uighurs and Falun Gong

James Baker pushed alĺ their chips in* and DC reneged on the deal to Gorby

I am not blaming DC , I am not blaming Putin , this thing may have been determined/baked-in with JamesBaker GeorgeHerbertWalkerBush and Gorby

but to think anyone including PJK and Hugh White have a reference point here is naivety in extremis, this is big boys power realpolitix

*torturedmeta4

Last edited:

Was PussyRiot not pushed by western sources? Seems like Kony iteration deux , legit , but heaps of backing by National Endowment for International Democracy , a CIA cutout , see: Swanston Street mostly the library , sometimes Westin Hotel and Uighurs & FalunGong*. *yes real, albeit to-a-degree confected , this is anti-Sino campaigning , Max Blumenthal has talked about AndrianZenz the single source , and seven years back State Department had Uighurs pegged as a terrorist political movement , now reconcile that , because you can't .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back