Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I think the title says it all.

34 points up against a side who are about as hard as a scoop of melted icecream and we stop trying. All the talk this week was about how we werent going to have a repeat of last week............... Well they were right, it was worse. Heads HAVE to roll now and there are players who should never wear our guernsey again.

Find it very hard to disagree. I'd go as far as to say I'm ashamed of this team, I could never comprehend ever saying this, but there we go.

I didn't watch the first three quarters but followed the scoreboard a bit.

When I saw 4.6 at quarter time I got instantly worried. We very, very often dominate early but don't get it on the board. It was "vintage" Crows.

250px-Blackadder_prince_edmund.jpg

This is the worst moment of my entire life....

Find it very hard to disagree. I'd go as far as to say I'm ashamed of this team, I could never comprehend ever saying this, but there we go.
Not disagreeing with you, but who would you replace them with?

The only midfielder types we have left on the shelf are Gunstan, Lyons & Schmidt. That's it - the cupboard is bare.:(

we have had a few embarassing moments in our history, tonight is right up there. maybe 2nd or 3rd most tonight. showdown one was the most embarassing, couldnt even leave my house for a week after that one.

Not disagreeing with you, but who would you replace them with?

The only midfielder types we have left on the shelf are Gunstan, Lyons & Schmidt. That's it - the cupboard is bare.:(

I really, really do not know. :(

Not disagreeing with you, but who would you replace them with?The only midfielder types we have left on the shelf are Gunstan, Lyons & Schmidt. That's it - the cupboard is bare.:(

You don't, you only replace the people you can. It's to hard to replace the players, therefore you replace the coach. His voice is not getting heard anymore.

Effort is a motivating factor and he doesn't motivate the players anymore. 2011 is very quickly looking like the 2004 season and how Gary Ayres lost the players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brogan smashed everyone. Jacobs. Now our arguments about his value to us are looking thin.
Brogan must have had some seriously compromising photos of the umpires. What other excuse do they have for giving him so many rubbish frees?

He was genuinely better than all of our rucks tonight, but our boys did get thoroughly crucified whenever they even looked like competing.

Yep they did. But thread title is right, I remember looking up at the scoreboard seeing our 7 goals to 1, and then in the last quarter looking at it seeing our 7 goals to 14 - from memory they kicked 13 goals to our none We didn't kick a goal for over a half of footy! I simply cannot for the life of me work out what I just witnessed. So many kids and no on field leaders except Truck. And I was sitting with a crows mate amongst an absolute throng of port supporters and squealing kids yelling "Come on Power" in my right ear approximately every 20 seconds for the entire game. I swear, it was pure misery, every time I go to a home showdown we kick away early and then get done. Simply no words for what I saw tonight. Very disappointing. Gonna be a long season or two with our kids and our injury curse.

Other than the fact this was a Showdown, last week was worse than this week. At least this week we had some effort, some endeavour. We just couldn't execute to save our lives after the first quarter.
Actually, this game was worse than last game. Much worse.

Last time the team came out and were insipid for the entire first quarter. The reality though, is that Freo only hurt us on the scoreboard during a single 5-min period late in that quarter. From quarter time onwards the team wasn't great, but they were competitive enough to match Freo - who never again threatened to kick away from us.

This time we dominated the first quarter and 5-10 min of the second, but as soon as Port applied some pressure we folded faster than a spring loaded deck chair. Once we were down, we stayed down and Port did as they willed.

Are we only talking about minor round? Finals: Crows Please Exit Stage Left, Volumes 05-09.

right up there for me......

They were, but being at that Carlton game was just...... bad. I'm too young to remember Fitzroy 95 all that well, but it's safe for me to assume it wasn't exactly a performance for the ages.

This was the worst minor round peformance from the club and one that will have consequences beyond tonight.

To dominate a pathetic Port only to then be smahed for the next 2 and half qtrs on the back of two pathetic individual efforts. You could see it as soon as we let them back in we were to weak to stop them.

3 ****ing showdowns in a row. The last two losses after we dominated early and after Port could not beat anyone else.

Chaplin is a spud against anyone else but us. Westhoff for **** sake smashes us.

We have soft footballers, look at our forward line. Hendo soft. Tippett soft, for **** sake how can he not kick more than 35 metres. Walker who I have been a defender of needs to pull his finger out, he is not worth the money to keep him. Jaensch soft. Vince soft. Martin soft.

The most embarrassing loss, a ****ing 60 point turnaround against a rabble.

Its the first time I have heard Craig blame lack of personnel. That is a cop out. We had enough experienced players out there to not allow a 60 point turnaround.

I am ****ing spewing and embarrassed.

3 conclusions from tonight. We are soft. Maric is gone and Craig has been there too long.

3 conclusions from tonight. We are soft. Maric is gone and Craig has been there too long.

Agree with the first two, but Craig DOES have a hugely depleted side, minus 1200 games of experience, the guys we used to turn to in times of trouble. All gone, it's a different side altogether now. Half the side are just babies, and the other half just haven't kicked into gear mentally this year yet. This season was ALWAYS going to be like this, up and down. There's no doubt that we are weak mentally, but that comes with youth and lack of on field leadership and experience. Understand your anger about the game, I'm angry too after having my right ear bashed off by bloody power supporters, but unfortunately this is how the next 12 to 36 months is going to be for the AFC until our kids get more than 2 or 3 games into them.

GtG, that is soft. If the senior players havent kicked into gear yet who do you blame?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back