movies you've walked out on

Remove this Banner Ad

I had no choice but to sit through Serendipity because my friend bought my ticket...God it was awful. At least she admitted later on that it sucked and apologised for it.

Pret a Porter

To this day remains the only movie i have walked out on. 10 minutes in. Not my movie, i was young, 1st girlfriend ... but not even the opportunity to be alone (and in the dark) ... could keep me in that cinema.

Streetfighter.
As soon as Aussie Joe Bugner made an appearance as a bad guy i was outta there.
Absolute Pap.
Went with a group of friends to see Titanic and during the opening credits i felt compelled to open my potato chips for a 2nd time (forgetting i had already opened them) i turned the back over and consequently deposited 200grams of chips into my lap, so that was not a good start. At about the 20min mark i said to my mate who i was sitting next to "I am going for a pi$$ meet me in Intencity (the pinny parlour) after the film" my friend demanded i come back and regretfully i did. The both of us and the gentleman in front of us were also given some very unkind stares when we laughed out loud when the guy falling out of the ship "donked" his head on the ships proppeller as the ship was going down. "DONK!" So i guess it was worth coming back just for that scene anywayz.

Mentallo said:
Went with a group of friends to see Titanic and during the opening credits i felt compelled to open my potato chips for a 2nd time (forgetting i had already opened them) i turned the back over and consequently deposited 200grams of chips into my lap, so that was not a good start

LOL :D

The Thin Red Line ...... the story was just so damn slow.

In reality we walked out because we thought the credits were about to roll - but the film started rambling on with images of little children playing in the ocean - parrots and all sorts of ********.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Along Came Polly. Wasn't particuarly enjoying it or anything. It'd been going for about an hour. I checked my watch and knew a bus was coming in about 10 mins. If I sat through the film I'd have to wait between 30 and 60 mins til the next bus. I cut my losses and left.

The closest i have ever walked out of a movie was Kung Pow : Enter the Fist

worst movie in history (no exaguration). I decided to stay with my mate just because we had spent our money and decided to just laugh our way at the most ridiculous things. 2 of my friends left 1/4 way through to do some shopping :confused:

topdon said:
Pret a Porter

To this day remains the only movie i have walked out on. 10 minutes in. Not my movie, i was young, 1st girlfriend ... but not even the opportunity to be alone (and in the dark) ... could keep me in that cinema.

I know what you're saying ... I didn't walk out on it but i was soooooo bored i could hardly stand it ... Utter ennui enducing tripe.

The Dice Man said:
That Howard Stern film, the opening credits hadn't even finsihed but I had to literally throw up.

Never have got around to seeing it since either.

Really? I know the start was kind of stupid, but I thought it was a humourous biopic about Stern's life from childhood to stardom.

As for walking out on films. I have never walked out on a cinema film, but I have turned off DVDs or videos.
I wished I walked out of Human Traffic. I got the title confused with Happy Texas (which was crap anyway) but Human Traffic was just boring.

I really wished I walked out on The Wog Boy. Was there with a friend, and he drove, but it was really uncomfortable to watch. Total sh*t.

Now I rarely go to the cinema, because prices are way too high. When $7.50 tight arse Tuesdays are a bargain these days you know its a rip off. I wait for the big blockbuster films that I want to see and I've done that for the year.

jorel6669 said:
Really? I know the start was kind of stupid, but I thought it was a humourous biopic about Stern's life from childhood to stardom.

As for walking out on films. I have never walked out on a cinema film, but I have turned off DVDs or videos.
I wished I walked out of Human Traffic. I got the title confused with Happy Texas (which was crap anyway) but Human Traffic was just boring.

I really wished I walked out on The Wog Boy. Was there with a friend, and he drove, but it was really uncomfortable to watch. Total sh*t.

Now I rarely go to the cinema, because prices are way too high. When $7.50 tight arse Tuesdays are a bargain these days you know its a rip off. I wait for the big blockbuster films that I want to see and I've done that for the year.

Yeah Id drunk far too much grog before it. My vomiting had nothing to do with the film at all. One day I might end up seeing it, as Ive already paid for it twice.. (My GF at the time followed me out).

I've never walked out of a movie but four people walked out about half an hour into Sin City a few weeks back. And that was in a Gold Class kind of cinema.

Only once...

Clash of the Titans

Starring Harry Hamlin and loaded with cheap SFX.

There was a flood of people walking out on Pulp Fiction and Irreversible when I saw them in the cinema.

Walked out on a few but that was due to poor timing. The only movie have gone and seen that i walked out on for the boring and crap factor was Alien vs Predator.
I have walked out on dozens of movies cause i would have to meet up with a mate who happenend to only finish work early when i went to go see a movie to kill time. Thank god for cheap tuesdays.

Would have walked out on Spirit (animated film about horses) a few years back however I was with my kid sister and there was no way I was leaving her alone. Plus she was enjoying it or so I thought so I sat through the entire thing with my discman on. Little did I know she'd fallen asleep in the first half hour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back