Music for New Born

Remove this Banner Ad

Currently have a 1 week old little boy who likes to scream and carry on like nobodies business. In my travels and attempts to get the little bugger to calm down - i have resorted to raiding my cd collection to find the tunes to soothe the savage beast. It turns out - little fella loves the album "Beautiful Freak" by the Eels - play it on the cd player and he goes quiet.

Assuming not a lot of you out there have newborns or have been exposed to new borns - out of your music collection currently, what music do you think would soothe your newborn (if it were ever to happen).

Have a two week old currently, my cd collection would not be considered newborn friendly, as there isn't a lot of mozart, strauss, bach etc.

Ive just hooked my iriver up to speakers and let it randomly cycle through the collection, there is Metallica S&M so it does have a full orchestra, and i suppose what one classifies as classics is in the eye of the beholder.

So far have been singing (badly, i am assured by my partner) anything from metallica to bob dylan to Atticus(boys' name), he doesn't seem to mind though, well at the moment anyway.

Cheers and congrats!!!!!!!!!

Mozart violin/string arrangments--the slower ones or:) ....

Quiet Peter Gabriel songs:) ....or

if all else fails....Motley Crue's Girls,Girls,Girls ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put on a bit of Prince's raunchier tunes, the kid will be a hit with the ladies :thumbsu:

Apparently though classical music, even played to a baby, can subconsciously increase their understanding of mathematics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back