FTA-TV Naked and Afraid

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Melissa is badass. My fav
My fav of the girls too but I'm surprised we haven't seen her out hunting more. Seems to have been mainly all the other hunters out since they all joined up. Personally I'd like to have seen her out with Matt and then we wouldn't have had to worry about the kill being gone, Matt and Mel could have brought it back on their own! Kudos to Matt for the kill and his tricks to help keep it safe until back though.

Great XL episode. What is with all the guys tapping in regular N&A though?
I expect Matt could have carried that impala back by himself (he had to when he was on his own) but producers made him go back to get others so we had the drama of wondering if it would be stolen whilst he was gone. Did producers promise to watch it for him? If not why would he not have taken at least part of it back with him? Flys?

Him making a house out of a camel is probably my all time favorite bear moment
Imagine a season of survivor where every challenge is based on Bear moments. Who can stay the longest in camel carcass, first to fill a bucket with moisture from elephant dung (wringing it into your mouth, running along the beach and spitting into bucket), numerous food challenges .......

Yeah "next time"- which we're not seeing, going by the TV Guide.
I googled Waterworld from TV Guide and found https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10344568/
" Dropped into the South China Sea, 12 elite survivalists try to survive 40 days on land and sea; nearby, two all-star survivalists enter the same challenge looking to survive not just 40 days but an unprecedented 60 days."

Cast member names I recognise are Duck (tapped out from series we have just watched), Russell (annoying one from Colombia), Jeff (Mr Eel catcher from 1st XL) and Laura (1st series). My guess is it would be Jeff and Laura attempting the 60 days.

South China Sea is interesting location - do they need to survive attacks from China over disputed territory?

Might be others whose names I don't recognise eg Angela looks like she might be the one who left in her first attempt because her ex (and father of her kids) died whilst she was out there. If it is her we also saw her in last week's regular N&A.

Ah so its gonna be at sea the first few eps im assuming. That sh*t is brutal. Awesome.
There was an episode where they started at sea (it included Sarah (spinach girl from XL just finished)) and had to paddle to land. I imagine it would be similar to that at most, can't see how they would spend several episodes at sea as no chance for fire and hence water (unless it rains).

I am also interested to see if the 60 day duo start 20 days early or finish 20 days late. My guess is 20 days early so they can eventually merge with the others and finish together. Merging and having to go an extra 20 while everyone else goes to extraction would be brutal when you are already tired and possibly hungry. (I say possibly as Matt and Jeff are the two people I'd give the most chance of providing enough to diminish or eliminate hunger and I'm betting Jeff will be one of the two doing 60 days.)

There was an episode where they started at sea (it included Sarah (spinach girl from XL just finished)) and had to paddle to land. I imagine it would be similar to that at most, can't see how they would spend several episodes at sea as no chance for fire and hence water (unless it rains).

Yeah at sea is by far the most brutal. Will be interesting to see how long they last and/or nudged over to land.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They could drop them at a location close to a small island with very limited resources...as a bit of a stop over, which they could prepare for a longer and more full on sea crossing to a better island....That would work ok.

And 60 days is ridiculous.. why stop there tho??? Why not attempt a full year :thumbsupv1:
Have you seen any episodes of Alone?...the winners for that go close to 100 days by themselves. They have more items they can take, but it is normally in Alaska and the whole place freezes over about half way....very tough. The scenery and the way it filmed is stunning.

Have you seen any episodes of Alone?...the winners for that go close to 100 days by themselves. They have more items they can take, but it is normally in Alaska and the whole place freezes over about half way....very tough. The scenery and the way it filmed is stunning.
Name rings a bell, i think ive seen it.. ah is it on SBS?

Yeah im fairly certain it was on SBS a few months ago in the late arvo time slot. I couldn't really get into it tbh
It's very different in that there is no social interaction...which is a highlight of N&A, but tbh I think the survival skills of the contestants are superior. They are normally loners/hunters on Alone and having 10 items really helps. They build some of the most amazing shelters and hunker down when the snow comes in. The ones that are good fishermen/women seem to do the best...but it really depends where they drop you as some areas provide better than others. One bloke took down a musk ox (massive...upto 400 kg) and had months worth of meat. I quite like the show.

Oh yeah, I remember I saw a guy go fishing and got trapped under a rock he couldnt budge.

Think i saw one with a cougar attack- that was crazy- im talking a cyclist got legit attacked by one, and survived.

And a father broke his leg or something and his 8/9 year old son had to hike out and get help, all on his own poor bugger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back