Nakia Cockatoo will be the best player in the AFL in 5 years time

Remove this Banner Ad

vickery,conca not there post '16. cotchin & martin 12 & 13 yrs ago respectively,Nick Valustin only top 10 pick in last 10 years
Lynch n Prestia originally not drafted by us
All top 10 picks for you in the decade leading up to 2017.

Put it in the book.

I've seen this kid play enough footy to know that he is a rare talent.

Players like Hogan, Petracca, Cripps, Weitering, Schache, Bontempelli, Stringer etc are spoken of as being the next wave of superstars. Don't get me wrong as all these guys will be elite players in their own respective rights, but Cockatoo will be better than all of them.

Cockatoo has all the tools such as the speed, agility, skills and vision to become a champion of the game, and since he is playing for the club that develops players better than any other club in the league, I know for a fact that we will have no trouble developing him into a champion.

Feel free to bump this in 2021 :thumbsu:

Contender for the worst take in the history of BigFooty and that is one heck of an accomplishment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the OP still believes this.. now that he's not playing for Geelong anymore..:thumbsu:
I do. best talent ive seen at geelong since gary ablett senior. In some ways even better. But his body has been ruined by 5 years of injuries. its an absolute tragedy what has happened to him and the game has been robbed of a once in a generation star.

I didn’t realise he was playing last night until I saw the stats after the match.
i thought he was the sub.

One thing I will say is the kid has had a significant impact on the Lions. Came on last week and caused his teammate to miss last night's game and with it the chance to win a grand final.

Followed it up last night doing his best to hand the game to the Doggies with the Lions playing with 1 less player.

After quarter time I asked my lions mate how much for Charlie Cameron? He responded free if you take back Cockatoo 😂

Cocky only ever showed potential but I’m not even sure he was in our best players once. If he was which would be debateable definitely not twice.
Injuries have hurt him but I feel he got overrated.

Seriously didn’t realise he was playing the other night until I heard them call his name in commentary during the last quarter.

Averaged 7 disposals and less than one mark per game in his 6 games this year. Down from his career average of 9 disposals a game (over 41 games). Did manage to kick 5 goals from those 6 games tho, as some consolation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back