Nakia Cockatoo will be the best player in the AFL in 5 years time

Remove this Banner Ad

starting-starting-now.gif

Nakia Cockatoo will be the best player in the AFL in 5 years time...

Put it in the book.

I've seen this kid play enough footy to know that he is a rare talent.

Players like Petracca, Cripps, Bontempelli, Stringer etc are spoken of as being the next wave of superstars. Don't get me wrong: these guys will be elite players, but Cockatoo will be better than all of them.

Cockatoo has all the tools such as the speed, agility, skills and vision to become a champion of the game, and since he is playing for the club that develops players better than any other club in the league, I know for a fact that we will have no trouble developing him into a champion.

Feel free to bump this in 2021 :thumbsu:

bullshit-amazing-lies-and-unbelievable-truths-from-around-the-globe.jpg

Definitely had the talent to be a champion, however like most players it didn’t happen for him for a combination of reasons.
There were certainly flashes with his pace, toughness and X factor, but it wasn’t to be.
Will clearly now fade away.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Put it in the book.

I've seen this kid play enough footy to know that he is a rare talent.

Players like Hogan, Petracca, Cripps, Weitering, Schache, Bontempelli, Stringer etc are spoken of as being the next wave of superstars. Don't get me wrong as all these guys will be elite players in their own respective rights, but Cockatoo will be better than all of them.

Cockatoo has all the tools such as the speed, agility, skills and vision to become a champion of the game, and since he is playing for the club that develops players better than any other club in the league, I know for a fact that we will have no trouble developing him into a champion.

Feel free to bump this in 2021 :thumbsu:

Since you are back now, thoughts?

Oh btw we are waiting for your Geelong Premiers 2022 thread. Whenever you are ready

Is Nakia Cockatoo in Brisbane's best 22?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched Brisbane play on the weekend. Cockatoo looked a decent role player at best. No idea why Geelong supporters were talking him up so much and why there was so much hype.

Had similar athletic attributes to Dangerfield. Then half a decade of injuries happened and he is what you see now.

I watched Brisbane play on the weekend. Cockatoo looked a decent role player at best. No idea why Geelong supporters were talking him up so much and why there was so much hype.
Pretty unfair to compare what you saw on the weekend to the hype Geelong supporters had in 2015 and '16.

Big, strong, quick, could roost it from 55 at post height and had a huge leap. He had all the attributes to be a top 10 player in the game, and for a variety of reasons he hasn't amounted to anything close to that.

What you see today is a broken down player who has zero confidence in his body, and rightly so. He was doing injuries getting out of his car in his Geelong days. I'd liken him to Harley Bennell, although Bennell showed infinitely more at his peak (mainly due to him actually playing) both had unbelievable physical gifts stripped of them through injury and ended up being glorified role players as a result.

Pretty unfair to compare what you saw on the weekend to the hype Geelong supporters had in 2015 and '16.

Big, strong, quick, could roost it from 55 at post height and had a huge leap. He had all the attributes to be a top 10 player in the game, and for a variety of reasons he hasn't amounted to anything close to that.

What you see today is a broken down player who has zero confidence in his body, and rightly so. He was doing injuries getting out of his car in his Geelong days. I'd liken him to Harley Bennell, although Bennell showed infinitely more at his peak (mainly due to him actually playing) both had unbelievable physical gifts stripped of them through injury and ended up being glorified role players as a result.
Pretty much this.

Also, your username and photo are elite.

Because that was five years ago, before he had soft tissue injury after soft tissue injury and it wrecked him.

He was pretty special, just such an explosive athlete and a really good size.

It's kind of like watching Jaeger O'Meara, Tom Scully or Daniel Menzel in their last couple of years. Just a shadow of what they were.

Was there a similar thread about Daniel Menzel? He went through injury issues too, same as McCarthy, surely Cockatoo has had the same career trajectory effect his potential, right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back