Recommitted Nat Fyfe [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I mentioned that to my Wife . ( who didn't care ) he must have said wait I need to put this stuff in that makes my hair look wet for ages . We would need to put in a large vanity unit for all his product

You talk to your wife about male hair care products, then wonder why she doesn't care

I wouldn't be overly worried if I was a freo fan.

My read is that he clumsily put his foot in his mouth lsst year saying he'll look at all options or whatever his words were.

That was his hamfisted attempt to make sure they don't lowball him just because he's been injured.

He's been strongly indicating staying since... and he's learned a valuable lesson about leaving the PR and negotiating tactics stuff to his manager in the future.
Yes I agree. But at his level there really is no way to handle the media that does not end in speculation, apart from signing. We saw that first hand with Neale last season and with Pavlich at the same stage of every contract.

I think it had something to do with the standards that Fyfe expects of his teammates. Some of the older players didn't like being dictated to by a younger player.

This already makes it sound like he will be a fantastic captain. I think the standards he will set and the on field example we know we can expect from him will definately push Fremantle for a surge up the ladder (barring injuries).

There was a curling iron incident.

Haha Gold!

They don't get along. Not entirely sure why, but I think it had something to do with the standards that Fyfe expects of his teammates. Some of the older players didn't like being dictated to by a younger player. I'm guessing that's where the rumours of players not liking Fyfe came from. I know for a fact that the younger players look up to Fyfe.

Sounds similar to Sam Mitchell during his time at Hawthorn.

Everybody's favourite essendon lapdog scoop maclure reckons its 1.2 mil a year for nat.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...llion-to-leave-fremantle-20170220-guh0xf.html

Where do i sign up? That's a deadset bargain price for a world where travis cloke get a mil a year contracts.

Now all that's left to do is watch rossco revert to type this year, and play the most uninspiring game style known to football... and nat will be on a plane in no time.

Now all that's left to do is watch rossco revert to type this year, and play the most uninspiring game style known to football... and nat will be on a plane in no time.
After last year quite a few supporters are hoping we revert to the type of football we played the year before. You know, the year Fyfe won the Brownlow. How boring.

Not at all.
Financially I think it's doable for some clubs however the tough part would be making sure the playing group is okay with it, it's a big chunk of money for one player to be getting, you'd want to make sure the culture of the club is bulletproof and everyone is in it for success not money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Financially I think it's doable for some clubs however the tough part would be making sure the playing group is okay with it, it's a big chunk of money for one player to be getting, you'd want to make sure the culture of the club is bulletproof and everyone is in it for success not money.
If everyone is in it for success not money $1.2mill cannot be justified.

Lucky jaeger and tmitch came so cheap then eh?

1.2mil is downright reasonable when the forthcoming at least 10% cap increase is factored in.
Not to mention, if an unproven 2nd year Tom Boyd is worth a mil a year (which he now unequivocally is given they don't win a flag without him)... a 25 year old brownlow medalist in his prime is easily worth another measly 10% on top of that.

You sound like a bitter jilted buddy fanboi who doesn't like 'mercenaries', unless their name is jaeger or frawley or gibson or mitchell

Last edited:
Lucky jaeger and tmitch came so cheap then eh?

1.2mil is downright reasonable when the forthcoming at least 10% cap increase is factored in.
Not to mention, if an unproven 2nd year Tom Boyd is worth a mil a year (which he now unequivocally is given they don't win a flag without him)... a 25 year old brownlow medalist in his prime is easily worth another measly 10% on top of that.

You sound like a bitter jilted buddy fanboi who doesn't like 'mercenaries', unless their name is jaeger or frawley or gibson or mitchell
Are you always such a s**t poster, or are you just trying something new?

I have absolutely nothing to be jilted about as a Hawthorn member, even after losing the big brilliant budwah who I still love, and comparing JOM, Tom and whoever else to a $1.2mill price tag is one of silliest things I've seen on this board.

$1.2 million is a shitload of coin a year, and no club would pay that to a new recruit without severe risk of burning the rest of the list.

He'll get big offers, but he won't be taking 1.2 mill of salary cap space anywhere he lands.

Not at all.

Depending salary cap changes, I could definitely see clubs offering 1.2m to Fyfe.

I don't think we'll get him at all but the Saints could offer 1.2 for sure considering our preparation for something like this for a few years. Not sure who else has similar cash, Carlton probably. I have no idea what Hawthorn's SC is at but with Lewis and Mitchell gone and a few other older guys looking set to follow you'd have a decent amount to fork out if you really wanted him.

Value is relative.

$1.2 million is a shitload of coin a year, and no club would pay that to a new recruit without severe risk of burning the rest of the list.

You blokes would have far more chance of mutiny on your hands coughing up 500k a year for a certified potato like vickery, than bringing in a brownlow medalist on 1.2mil.

500k for vickery... now THAT'S a shitload of money.

Value is relative.

You blokes would have far more chance of mutiny on your hands coughing up 500k a year for a certified potato like vickery, than bringing in a brownlow medalist on 1.2mil.

500k for vickery... now THAT'S a shitload of money.
What is it with you and trying to make this about the team I support? Vickery was great In his first hitout by the way if you'd bothered to watch, and he'll most likely get better.

Why are you so offended by the comment that 'no one is going to pay $1.2 million for a new recruit if they've convinced the rest of the list to stay together for success and not money'?

Depending salary cap changes, I could definitely see clubs offering 1.2m to Fyfe.

I don't think we'll get him at all but the Saints could offer 1.2 for sure considering our preparation for something like this for a few years. Not sure who else has similar cash, Carlton probably. I have no idea what Hawthorn's SC is at but with Lewis and Mitchell gone and a few other older guys looking set to follow you'd have a decent amount to fork out if you really wanted him.
Yes, we will have quite a bit of space at the end of the year, but Fyfe won't be getting $1.2 out of any club that Clarkson is associated with(as his motto is "team not individuals").

If Fyfe nominates Hawthorn as his preferred home it won't be for the highest price.

Yes, we will have quite a bit of space at the end of the year, but Fyfe won't be getting $1.2 out of any club that Clarkson is associated with(as his motto is "team not individuals").

If Fyfe nominates Hawthorn as his preferred home it won't be for the highest price.

Do tell, at what exact dollar value does it become about the individual and not the team?

Clearly at 1.2mil for a fit brownlow medalist in his prime it's about the individual.

But at 750k for a bloke who hasn't played in 2 years and just walked out on the club that spent years sending him round the world getting fit, it's not about the individual.

So where exactly in that range does it go from 'team man' to 'mercenary' in the church of clarko?

Do tell, at what exact dollar value does it become about the individual and not the team?

Clearly at 1.2mil for a fit brownlow medalist in his prime it's about the individual.

But at 750k for a bloke who hasn't played in 2 years and just walked out on the club that spent years sending him round the world getting fit, it's not about the individual.

So where exactly in that range does it go from 'team man' to 'mercenary' in the church of clarko?
FMD, can you quit trying to make this about Hawthorn. It's not comparative at all.

Fyfe would be earning more that $400k more than any other existing player on the list.

If everyone is in it for success then they are probably taking less money with the understanding that doing so will increase their chances at winning a flag. As such, using that extra money to get a superstar of Fyfe's level is likely part of the plan and should be completely justifiable and acceptable to the rest of the team.

If everyone is in it for success then they are probably taking less money with the understanding that doing so will increase their chances at winning a flag. As such, using that extra money to get a superstar of Fyfe's level is likely part of the plan and should be completely justifiable and acceptable to the rest of the team.
Very risky game to play with any list that has not yet tasted success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back