NCAA NCAAF 20 Off-season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ivy League canceled all fall sports overnight.
They were the first to cancel Basketball tournaments before the s**t hit the fan in March. Only a matter of time before other conferences do the same.
I think the SEC , ACC and Big10 will be the last to announce an cancellations.

I also expect the Pac-12 to be the first power 5, but wont be the first FBS team

Big 10 switches to conference only for fall sports to allow for maximum flexibility with their schedule and they can apply universal standards across their competition (testing, game day protocols etc).

ACC canceled all Olympic sports for Fall. AKA everything but Football.

Moving to spring is hard because the NFL has already said it wont move the draft. and then they will have a short turnaround for the next season. Safest thing is to just pull the plug on the season.

Even if a season gets started it will be impossible to keep it even since some schools will opt out or be banned from positive tests.

If all conferences get rid of out of conference game, we better have a 10 team playoff.

You have no math or metrics to determine what conferences are better.

Or do they just put Alabama Clemson Ohio State and Oklahoma in the playoff without a thought.

Im also interested in what happens with Notre Dame. Ill laugh if all conferences play conference games only and Notre Dame can only play BYU, UMass, NMSU and Liberty.

If all conferences get rid of out of conference game, we better have a 10 team playoff.

You have no math or metrics to determine what conferences are better.

Or do they just put Alabama Clemson Ohio State and Oklahoma in the playoff without a thought.

Im also interested in what happens with Notre Dame. Ill laugh if all conferences play conference games only and Notre Dame can only play BYU, UMass, NMSU and Liberty.
ACC have said they will help ND with conference games.

Im more worried about the smaller schools. i saw that Ball St or someone like that will lose like $2M for missing out the Michigan or Ohio State game. and that could almost cause them to shut down the program. Its going to be the same for other non power 5 and FCS teams.

Boise state has had to cut our baseball and womens swim and diving programs due to budget cuts

But I have seen theres a gofundme page to keep the baseball going.

1 person made a $10k donation :eek:

Football pays the bills, and your spot on the smaller programs will suffer.

Expanded playoffs? I think getting a few games away will be almost a miracle with amateur student athletes in states with exploding Covid cases.

They can push on with the pros and they've got to get paid, here it's to fund everything else.

Michigan State & Rutgers have their entire squads in 14 isolation after close contacts testing positive.

While the rest of the college football landscape tries to work out how to play a season - Texas announces that they'll have crowds capped at 50k.

I guess they're trying to speed up herd immunity :drunk:

An interesting development with a lot of demands.

I'll be surprised if much comes of this besides having third party enforcement of any COID safety plans though. Stuff like demanding 6 years of medical coverage after leaving the team seems like an absolute pipe dream

In an industry that generates billions (pandemic excluded), and doesn't allow for players to be paid, medical expenses are one area where I think the players could have a stronger case. 6 years might be excessive- but this could be an area they could target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody posted that UCONN have pulled out of the season?

there wont be a CFB season at all this year when it comes down to the last few weeks teams will pull out left right and centre.

absolute pretending that theres gonna be a season
It's not just UConn. Ivy league and all div 2 and 3 have also been cancled. There is a player uprising in the pac-12 right now.

Not worth the risk to play for free.

BigSky is another FCS conference to call the season.

Penn St announced no fans for home games, Iowa and Florida announced capped numbers for fans.

I still doubt it will happen. its just greed for cash right now at the expense of kids. The game is up and the students are finding power like in the Pac-12 with the 400 student group chat and could finally lead to the push to correctly compensate them.

Until the players are getting paid college football has no chance of completing a season while co-vid remains any sort of issue.

You made your bed now lay it. Can't have it both ways campaigners.

Until the players are getting paid college football has no chance of completing a season while co-vid remains any sort of issue.

You made your bed now lay it. Can't have it both ways campaigners.
They do get paid in the power 5 noone says anything about it.

i wish the NCAA would fold

MAC latest to pull out
apparently its making some other group of 5 schools rethink playing.

Pac-12 will still be the first power 5 to pull out, but dont know how many more G5 call it first.

Decision by Power 5 expected by end of this week. Quotes sources saying Big Ten moving towards cancelling

yeah looks like Big10 is going to announce tomorrow that its not playing football.

Some presidents are more worried about the players finding a voice and that they have power than they are about the virus.

College Athletic departments be like

It's hard when you pay your workforce zero, and the finally have a gripe and real leverage. And your only justification for them to play is there's lots of other people and programs to pay for.

I think you're right that they're more scared of the players than the covid impacts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back