Oppo Camp Neeld Sacked - Craigy to take over

Remove this Banner Ad

Just announced by Tony Jones on the Neil Miitchell radio program over here that it will be announced at a press conference called by the Dees for 10.30AM that Neeld will be sacked and Neil Craig will be taking over as caretaker for the rest of the season. :rainbow: :)

I'll always remember Craig stating adamantly that he'd never be senior coach at another club. I guess in this case he's doing the right thing and stepping up to the plate, but I wonder if he'll put in an application at the end of the year.

Hell, he could have a moderately successful end to the season and walk in as the most highly-rated candidate.

From what I've heard Craigy had his hand forced. Viney etc didn't want to take it on, so Craigy took the bullet for the team. He wont be putting in an application at the end of the year.

I think its a smart move. At least Craigy has great coaching experience. If he takes them back to simple contested footy rather than trying to play the boundary, force a defensive mindset on them first they could have a few surprise wins.

I mean they could have done a lot worse. Remember it is only an intern coach. Good luck to him.

Did he bring his DVD player to the press conference?

I'll always remember Craig stating adamantly that he'd never be senior coach at another club. I guess in this case he's doing the right thing and stepping up to the plate, but I wonder if he'll put in an application at the end of the year.

It's like an 80's action film. Craig tried to put his old life behind him but they brought him back in for one last job.

Can only assume Melbourne are going to set him up, double cross him and kidnap his daughter if this is the case.

In fairness, I don't think being a caretaker counts.

If he puts in an application at year's end, well then perhaps that's a different story.

This calls for another Spackler transcript.

Time to trade Reilly, Hendo and Tambling for Toumpas and pick #2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I've heard Craigy had his hand forced. Viney etc didn't want to take it on, so Craigy took the bullet for the team. He wont be putting in an application at the end of the year.

I think its a smart move. At least Craigy has great coaching experience. If he takes them back to simple contested footy rather than trying to play the boundary, force a defensive mindset on them first they could have a few surprise wins.

I mean they could have done a lot worse. Remember it is only an intern coach. Good luck to him.

Ah you make me laugh sometimes Heafy!

Ah you make me laugh sometimes Heafy!

Whats funny about that? Despite some objections on here Craig is a smart man. He knows that he can't coach them the way he has in the past. Contested footy is what brings in results with youngsters. Why do you think GC and GWS focus so heavily on it.

What Neeld was trying to do with that young list was too complex and their recruitment baffled me.

In fairness, I don't think being a caretaker counts.

If he puts in an application at year's end, well then perhaps that's a different story.
Yup. Cynically you want to sink the boot in a bit given his previous statements - but that's just because his media presence was always so out of synch with the actions of the team (in the 10/11 in particular).
But in this instance it appears he is taking one for the team and I'd be astounded if he put an application in.

Having said that if he can galvanise the group, learn from some of his mistakes with us and they improve - you can't hold it against him if he's finally starting to learn that the world changes dynamically (and fast) and that maybe its okay to change your mind/approach ;)

Ah * it.. i couldn't help but sink my boot in. Sorry Craigy and good luck.

Craig won't be their senior coach next year. He is loyal man and that loyalty is to do the job for the club until they find a replacement or a merger. Personally in the collective interests of all the other clubs I hope its a Mike Nunan (steering a sinking ship).

Good luck learning Craigys game plan in less than a week, and they thought Neelds game plan was hard to follow, good luck

Good luck learning Craigys game plan in less than a week, and they thought Neelds game plan was hard to follow, good luck

I knew i kept this for a reason.

eGDGXLf.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back