Politics Networks, Power and Chaos - Niall Ferguson with Sam Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

https://samharris.org/podcasts/117-networks-power-chaos/

NF's new book: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...-square-and-tower-networks-hierarchies-review (Guardian calls his conclusions weak)

Well worth listening to for the insights on the Russian intelligence system's historic ability to crack networks, hierarchical and distributed - digital or otherwise.

Interesting counterfactual discussion on a Clinton victory: what sort of civil unrest if Trump had lost? Is Trump a tonic for people who feel bad about their lot in life, if nothing else? All up, is he really that bad for the country?

Where to for Europe with immigration considering Pew Research's predictions (very top of the range being 14% Muslim by 2050)? Are the networks in place to drive higher immigration in the short term?

Nice bit for the conspiracy theorists "The Illuminati did exist!" - even if there were only about 2,000 people max associated with the group and its influence even at its height was overstated. No, they didn't start the French Revolution. But Ferguson is a member of the Bilderberg group, so he would say that wouldn't he? ;)

I think I fell asleep and missed the discussion of universal basic income.

Interesting counterfactual discussion on a Clinton victory: what sort of civil unrest if Trump had lost? Is Trump a tonic for people who feel bad about their lot in life, if nothing else? All up, is he really that bad for the country?
I'd posit very little. It was predicted at the time that Trump would lose quite badly. His supporters were undoubtedly more braced for the loss than their neo-liberal counterparts.

• Admin
I'd posit very little. It was predicted at the time that Trump would lose quite badly. His supporters were undoubtedly more braced for the loss than their neo-liberal counterparts.
His argument is that Trump had his base convinced they would win, and if they didn't it was fixed. For a group of people who believed the system was already fixed against them, what were they going to do with their right to bear arms if The System stole their election? Anyway he talks about it for a few minutes in the show.

Have actually heard PR types discuss Trumps masterful use of the enemy-in-common strategy.

Thought they were just talking s**t. May be something in it. No doubt he learned this technique from his time dealing with Sammy The Bull Gravano and Stugots Concrete back in the 80's.

• Admin
But to carry on - Trump's election might be a great steam valve for the dissatisfaction of a section of American society. One or two terms and the anger might dissipate.

He also discusses his belief that Trump would not have won without Facebook, and though Russia did fiddel with the process Trump might well have won anyway as he used/abused social media targeting and fake news sharing much better, meaning he could achieve more with half the spend. And he still barely won.

https://samharris.org/podcasts/117-networks-power-chaos/

NF's new book: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...-square-and-tower-networks-hierarchies-review (Guardian calls his conclusions weak)

Well worth listening to for the insights on the Russian intelligence system's historic ability to crack networks, hierarchical and distributed - digital or otherwise.

Where to for Europe with immigration considering Pew Research's predictions (very top of the range being 14% Muslim by 2050)? Are the networks in place to drive higher immigration in the short term?

Nice bit for the conspiracy theorists "The Illuminati did exist!" - even if there were only about 2,000 people max associated with the group and its influence even at its height was overstated. No, they didn't start the French Revolution. But Ferguson is a member of the Bilderberg group, so he would say that wouldn't he? ;)

I think I fell asleep and missed the discussion of universal basic income.
The Trump victory seems to been the US version of the "Free TV" baby bonus.

His argument is that Trump had his base convinced they would win, and if they didn't it was fixed. For a group of people who believed the system was already fixed against them, what were they going to do with their right to bear arms if The System stole their election? Anyway he talks about it for a few minutes in the show.

So no discussion of how the GOP actually did rig the election then?.....Via their so-called 'Election integrity system'; Read Chris Kobachs' Cross-checking system, of Jim-Crowing of over 7 million legal voters from the roles?....Of all the anomalies so far as exit polls as against the final numbers?....Of Jill Stein's proof that both Michigan State & Penn State had faulty computers deliberately placed in predominantly 'black & Hispanic' neighbourhoods, with many other computers both manipulated & in many instances having their entire numbers discounted altogether?

• Admin
So no discussion of how the GOP actually did rig the election then?.....Via their so-called 'Election integrity system'; Read Chris Kobachs' Cross-checking system, of Jim-Crowing of over 7 million legal voters from the roles?....Of all the anomalies so far as exit polls as against the final numbers?....Of Jill Stein's proof that both Michigan State & Penn State had faulty computers deliberately placed in predominantly 'black & Hispanic' neighbourhoods, with many other computers both manipulated & in many instances having their entire numbers discounted altogether?

I imagine that, as a historian, he tries to deal in verifiable facts and stays away from conspiracy theories.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I imagine that, as a historian, he tries to deal in verifiable facts and stays away from conspiracy theories.

So it's not enough that it has already been proven that Bernie was cheated out of the Democratic primary nomination by internal rigging eh?

So he's written a book on a subject, while managing to avoid the reality of the situation & all the evidence that proves it was rigged internally altogether.....Not to mention all of Trumps PACS manic efforts at blocking Jill Stein's attempt at a re-count in both Penn & Michigan State....Lest the truth should 'get-out'....Interesting bit of mental gymnastics that.

And then there's the exit polls.....Americans aren't dumb Chief......Most of them know their corrupt politicians rigged this election & have not swallowed this Russian blind-side one iota.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...d-trump-illegitimate-president-rebecca-solnit

https://heavy.com/news/2016/11/2016...lection-voter-fraud-donald-trump-lose-rigged/

https://www.lwv.org/newsroom/press-releases/2016-presidential-election-was-rigged

You’d have to read the book to see what he actually does say. In the podcast he does point out how bad a candidate Hillary was.

He points out how Russia hacked the digital networks to get the emails for Assange. This is the main point of the book from what I can see: hierarchies and distributed networks and their place in the application of power.

But let’s make this thread about your conspiracy theories shall we? A bit of ranting, some videos and links with no accompanying comments. Repetition of the same arguments in every post in every thread.

You’d have to read the book to see what he actually does say. In the podcast he does point out how bad a candidate Hillary was.

He points out how Russia hacked the digital networks to get the emails for Assange. This is the main point of the book from what I can see: hierarchies and distributed networks and their place in the application of power.

But let’s make this thread about your conspiracy theories shall we? A bit of ranting, some videos and links with no accompanying comments. Repetition of the same arguments in every post in every thread.

Seth Rich, the DNC insider & pro Bernie fan was the source of the internal DNC leaks to Wikileaks....Which is why he was murdered Chief.....Even the Washington DC police commissioner resigned in protest over the cover-up.

Also, former head of the NSA data encryption & expert on all cyber-related matters in Bill Binney, has proven irrefutably that the leak could only have been both hacked, down-loaded & sent both locally & internally....Proving the Russian nonsense as utterly ground-less & without a shred of foundation whatsoever, save for a few dozen 'facebook-memes'.....Which is a sheer fantasy of the co-opted Western MSM's Mocking-Bird making.

Ockham's razor Chief.....The only silly conspiracy here is this 'Russian propaganda nonsense' itself.

Last edited:
But to carry on - Trump's election might be a great steam valve for the dissatisfaction of a section of American society. One or two terms and the anger might dissipate.

He also discusses his belief that Trump would not have won without Facebook, and though Russia did fiddel with the process Trump might well have won anyway as he used/abused social media targeting and fake news sharing much better, meaning he could achieve more with half the spend. And he still barely won.

I must admit, Russia has used Assange well, very well. Russia now are meddling in the Balkans, specially in Serbia and Macedonia, using the same strategies. Assange was supposed to reveal all this but didn't release a single document.None of these get any coverage in the MSM, i wonder why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back