New AFL Video Game - Part 4 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New AFL Video Game - Part 4

Good god. 21 pages into thread 4 in a day.

Some of it was captivating :rolleyes:

Happy with the no "fake draft"
DLC these days has the ability to make that redundant anyway.

For those that want rolling seasons, being able to create a player is a hands on way of doing the draft. Plenty of guys want a manager type mode allowing them to do stuff so there you go.
All of this, only if you want to. Much better than having say, Judd retire & having to play as Setanta Whitnall, the 1st round draft pick with stats as low as possible.

I modified 07's list, morphing Jaymie Graham into Nic Naitanui etc. Mildly fun.

Good god. 21 pages into thread 4 in a day.

Some of it was captivating :rolleyes:

Happy with the no "fake draft"
DLC these days has the ability to make that redundant anyway.

For those that want rolling seasons, being able to create a player is a hands on way of doing the draft. Plenty of guys want a manager type mode allowing them to do stuff so there you go.
All of this, only if you want to. Much better than having say, Judd retire & having to play as Setanta Whitnall, the 1st round draft pick with stats as low as possible.

I modified 07's list, morphing Jaymie Graham into Nic Naitanui etc. Mildly fun.

Your right, this place has gone bonkers!, and it is probably going to get worse, the obvious questions that we are going to hear all the time now is release date which is going to drive people insane, can kind of understand it though as all the info may make you think it will be out before 2011 or make you think it won't be until 2011.

Can only see this place having more and more posts/new people join in, as more information gets filtered out, or people expect more info to be filtered out.

When bigant, started posting on here, who would have thought we would have gotten this much information already. Think bigant has covered just about everything possible without giving to much away.

May as well open up part 5 already...

Still perplexed at how many people are whinging about how every single feature they want is not in this game. Get real people.

Can you also read the FAQ thread on the video games list before asking a question?????? 21 pages of broken records in a day is ridiculous

For those getting cut up about no drafting - please remember that this is the first iteration of the game. Big Ant have already said that it is something they will work on for the future AFL titles.

Who gives a s**t about a draft, I just wanna play some footy with my mates. Go play FIFA if you are going to compare it to AFL all the time, you whiney little girls.

Who gives a s**t about a draft, I just wanna play some footy with my mates. Go play FIFA if you are going to compare it to AFL all the time, you whiney little girls.

Pfft.

I like career modes, rebuilding teams etc. Im not comparing it to FIFA.

Plus Football Manager is better than FIFA :thumbsu:

Anyways fellas to jumo back on topic, I'm curious to see if the Heritage guernsey's have been added in and what the deal is on the players boots? Be good to see if Pears has his yellow boots or Chris Tarrant with his green ones from a few years back, let alone if you can place them on a created player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want a my player mode that would be awesome like on NBA 2K10 & Madden .

There will be a my player/be a pro mode on a future iteration of the game. Ross has stated that they already have the basics laid out for that mode.

Buddy running down the wing and slotting it from 50 - Will be an awesome mode especially in an AFL game.

Might not be online much on the weekend - I will post a snippet from the game on Monday, and announce the winner of the trophy/acheivement thread.

Anyways fellas to jumo back on topic, I'm curious to see if the Heritage guernsey's have been added in and what the deal is on the players boots? Be good to see if Pears has his yellow boots or Chris Tarrant with his green ones from a few years back, let alone if you can place them on a created player.

All licensed jumpers will be in the game. Boots aren't licensed as we'd have to go to each company for each player for individual approvals.

Wow i expected there was a new screenshot or something posted with all the new pages. All those people who are complaining of a lack of draft really need to calm down. This is the first game they are making, this is the base for the next few versions. I remember before we knew anything everyone was happy to have solid gameplay and didn't care about the features of the game, as long as it played well.
Now all of a sudden everyone just wants a game with everything, even though this is the first game in the series. Come on guys, relax and get excited about what is sounding like a quality AFL game. I honestly hated the draft in the last AFL game, custom players in my eyes is a much greater addition.

Might not be online much on the weekend - I will post a snippet from the game on Monday, and announce the winner of the trophy/acheivement thread.

How long do the users have left in the competition?

One thing i liked about the 2005-2007 afl games is that when you choosing a side to play as in season/career mode, they had the club songs in the background. will that be featured on this game?

So, there's an AFL game coming out is there? ;)

Really looking forward to this game. Out of all the strange suggestions flying around, all i really want is some exciting gameplay, both against the AI and also your mates. So far it sounds promising.

One 'wish' is that there are different gamestyles for each AI controlled team. Eg Handball happy Geelong vs Chip-to-Chip (to a degree) Bulldogs vs Tackle happy Sydney. This would help to feel like you are actually playing different teams, rather than just the same type of gameplan, with different colours. But if that is asking too much, then just an intelligent AI who will take you on/slow the game down as the situation merits.

Either way, hats off to the guys developing the game as it looks like being the best AFL game yet :thumbsu:

All licensed jumpers will be in the game. Boots aren't licensed as we'd have to go to each company for each player for individual approvals.
But there are Black, White, Yellow, Black/White boots right?
Also thanks so much for the info you've given us, top bloke :thumbsu:

Will the snippet be of who i expect it to be? (TJ):);)

BigAnt Studios
Could you please tell me if this game will have an option where a player can snipe a player- sort of like what Lloyd did on Sewell last year.
You line them up and destroy them, and momentum should shift in your favor.

An idea for the next game I think- Keep up the good work:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back