News New BigFooty Theme - Feedback and Bug Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter%252520Arno%252520drawing%252520board%252520cartoon%25252C%252520New%252520Yorker%2525201941-8x6.jpg

I'm now seeing ads where I never used to see any at all, I don't know if this is part of the changeover. The other things I was wondering is can is there a way that you can put put a button that returns you to the top of the screen without having to scroll. They have similair features on the Guardian and eBay websites that do this now.

Pressing the Home button on your keyboard should take you directly to the top of any webpage, just as pressing End takes you directly to the bottom of any webpage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much easier to find stuff on the old format Chief. The monster expanding ads make the new format horrible to use.
Monster expanding ads? The ad code is the same on both styles.

Paste the URL into a post?

Lore how does it work for you.
NaturalDisaster the easiest way is to just post the share link in the post and it will auto-embed. You will need to go into the publish settings in your spreadsheet and set it to publish the document (File>publish to the web), and also set the security on the sheet so people with access can't edit it (right click the sheet tab and click "protect sheet").

I don't like the way it automatically does it because you can't choose which sheets it publishes, so I use the old embed code, which is
Code:
[media="googlespreadsheetnew"] spreadsheet link [/media]

Find myself seamlessly on BF more since it has reverted to the old style, for that little period I found myself thinking even subconsciously 'I can't be bothered going through the jumbled mess with giant ads popping up at me'.

The new one was a chore to use/navigate around and generally made surfing BF harder and visually unappealing.

On mobile....I'd like if one were able to choose Slick for that. I hate the old site design on mobile and there have been a few times when suddenly the Slick version was default when I was browsing on the mobile. So I got to see it in action there too and loved it.

But I must admit, on the mobile, the ads on the Slick version are too big. Often covering over the box where you're trying to type a message in. Such that you have to click DONE on the mobile keyboard just to remove the ad, then click back in the box, type again. Tho the ad would again cover over the box.

The issue it seems is the bottom ad holder, as you type and the screen therefore slides down, it forces the ad to reappear because it's a bottom holder that probably is told to re-appear whenever the screen is scrolled down. If this were removed from the code, then I'd love for the mobile site version to give you the Slick option to choose from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back