New Dream Team Approach- Lowest Score Wins!

Remove this Banner Ad

swans4eva

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I was wondering whether anyone had ever thought of the idea of having a competition where you have to make a dream team that scores the lowest. Of course you might say just fill it with 75k and 86k players but if you had a rule where you had to be within 50k of your salary it could work :thumbsu:
People's thoughts? It is all hypothetical I guess ;)

Ive thought about it! Ive also thought about a DT game where the lowest Team value wins - you have to try and pick the premiums/mid pricers who are going to lose you cash. You pick high averaging players likely to get tagged something chronic after a good year, etc. Evidently you would also have to avoid the rookies...

Silly idea, but I think it would be interesting!

Surely if you are thinking about this, you truly are a DT addict! :)

Yes that and being plain bored without AFL.

This is the most annoying part of the AFL year, early December to end of January, Draft and trade week have passed, Nab cup hasn't arrived, dream team hasn't opened... It will be good when Febuary arrives :)

We could have a comp whereby the team that picks up the most injured players wins some sort of prize for absolute failure. That could be fun.

me and somemates did itfor finals dt, the rules where though that you had to field 22 playing players, it would be arderto do that over the H & A season but if you can be bothered i am sure it could be done.

You could do it and still have all the 80k players and whatever, but for every player that gets a zero in your starting 22, you get 100 points. :p

I think it would be a good idea for the NAB cup. Just a bit of fun before the real season starts;)

RULES:
# lowest overall score wins the competition
# players are priced at their average for the upcoming season
# must be at least 50k within the salary cap
# all players on the ground must be playing
# any donuts are punished with +100 points

Ive thought about it! Ive also thought about a DT game where the lowest Team value wins - you have to try and pick the premiums/mid pricers who are going to lose you cash. You pick high averaging players likely to get tagged something chronic after a good year, etc. Evidently you would also have to avoid the rookies...

Silly idea, but I think it would be interesting!

This is quite a good idea - the whole lowest points thing wouldn't work IMO - but the lowest value would require some good strategy as opposed to everyone just picking lovett, croad etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely bench of Goddard, Gram, Swan, Ablett, Cox, Sandilands, Riewoldt, Chapman.

What % of Salary Cap is That ???
I'd be worried about doing that - you're picking spuds that score lowly - odds on are they won't play 22 games.

Who are you going to put on the field when the coach drops your spuds?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back