Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Heading to the States - first stop Boston (friends) then off to Nashville for next weeks game. My ticket is 7 rows from the front in the end zone - looking forward to it.

Enjoy Mate...... enjoy. :thumbsu:

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Heading to the States - first stop Boston (friends) then off to Nashville for next weeks game. My ticket is 7 rows from the front in the end zone - looking forward to it.

Was lucky enough to sit front row behind the end zone at patriot place against the Jets a few years back. Was an awesome experience

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Been watching some film, particularly around Patterson's running success. I think the unsung heroes of this season is the O-line - they have done a tremendous job in the run game (even predating Patterson) and kept Brady relatively upright (there has been the odd blown coverage with back-up lineman in play). Which leads me to our off-season acquisitions - Trent Brown has been great on that line but it's noteworthy to mention we just got season-best games from J-McCourty and Clayborne. It took Gilmore similarly long to assimilate last year, but towards the end of the season, and certainly now, he's one of the best corners in the game. If J-McC and Clay can keep bringing that level this D is going to be vastly improved on last year.

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Nope....nothing changed after HT. Full credit to Titans, we’re far too good & I’d imagine barring any catastrophic collapse on the chiefs part, the AFC will be going through there.

Given our road woes, I wouldn’t be holding out much hope of us doing any damage if we manage to play off.

Really thought Malcolm would be the one talking smack not Dion...

Nah Dion's always been a chip on shoulder bitter guy thats what drives him.

Good time for the bye as we got the staggers today, sometimes you just have s**t games and the thats what happened , that said credit to the Titans they played well.

Hopefully the Injury Gods are on our side post bye.

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Nah Dion's always been a chip on shoulder bitter guy thats what drives him.
That may be but the Pats picked him off the practice squad and gave him his chance and backed him through a couple of knee surgeries. Good on him for cashing in, but at least act with humility. He didn't even have anything to crow about - the Pats defended him really well (all things considered)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That may be but the Pats picked him off the practice squad and gave him his chance and backed him through a couple of knee surgeries. Good on him for cashing in, but at least act with humility. He didn't even have anything to crow about - the Pats defended him really well (all things considered)

Don't disagree and be that as it may he has always been a malcontent so thats just the way he reacts..

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Forgetful 1st half, more the patriot way in the 2nd.

Slashing game by Michel & love the duel threat he presents with White. Gronk moved with freedom & Shaq was a welcome sight back at RG

Big 3 weeks coming up now. We’re healthy, so touch wood it stays that way & we’ll give the 1st seed a real shake

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Forgetful 1st half, more the patriot way in the 2nd.

Slashing game by Michel & love the duel threat he presents with White. Gronk moved with freedom & Shaq was a welcome sight back at RG

Big 3 weeks coming up now. We’re healthy, so touch wood it stays that way & we’ll give the 1st seed a real shake

Thought that Edelman had broken his elbow initially and then Michel went down in what looked worse than it was.

We didn’t give up stupid penalties in the second half compared to the first.

Not sure if anyone has seen this.

736196FB-21E7-4790-B526-37F0A51276A9.jpeg

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics

24 yrds combined in the two games since for dion & two beat downs for the Titans. Yep... football can come back & bite you in the arse very quickly...

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
24 yrds combined in the two games since for dion & two beat downs for the Titans. Yep... football can come back & bite you in the arse very quickly...

Still a chance to make the playoffs though with the final wildcard spot (Chargers have one sewn up unless they don’t win another game) - draw is favourable for them with Jets, Giants and Jaguars to come.

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
Still a chance to make the playoffs though with the final wildcard spot (Chargers have one sewn up unless they don’t win another game) - draw is favourable for them with Jets, Giants and Jaguars to come.
The NFL is putting out a below average product these days. In their zest for College Football and fantasy statistics, they've ruined what made the game great. Too many crap teams, legislated defense out of the game, too much emphasis on the corporate side. As for the Patriots, this feels like a they might nab the #2 seed and get knocked out in the divisional round or AFC Championship game. It strikes me as a good but not great Pats lineup.

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
The NFL is putting out a below average product these days. In their zest for College Football and fantasy statistics, they've ruined what made the game great. Too many crap teams, legislated defense out of the game, too much emphasis on the corporate side. As for the Patriots, this feels like a they might nab the #2 seed and get knocked out in the divisional round or AFC Championship game. It strikes me as a good but not great Pats lineup.
Agree football is in a bad place atm - the balance between D and O just isn't there.

I think structurally the team as a whole is decent, and defensively it's better than last year. My gripe this year is we're not playing with a chip on our shoulder; there's a lack of desire this year and it has typically shown up in our road performances. Much like last year I think we could fall into the Super Bowl purely cause everyone else sucks (the Chiefs will capitulate at some point and we live rent free in the collective heads of the Steelers). I can actually see us making the Super Bowl and getting absolutely smoked by the Saints

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
It does feel a bit like we're going through the motions, looking like a good team but not a great team.

However, I will say the next few weeks might change that. With important pieces starting get back into place (e.g. Gronk) and/or getting more used to things (e.g. Gordon) - the team could easily go up a gear or two on the field and, as play-offs start to get closer, that itself could lift the drive and desire up as well. But it could go either way, we're a Michel/Burkhead (again) injury from being fairly one dimensional and predictable. Brady needs to continue to sharpen up a bit too. What I liked most about the Jets game is he looked like he was picking the better options. The week's before, his targeting of Gordon when triple teamed and Eddlemen in places where he gets killed (OK, slight exaggeration) were signs to me that he just hasn't been supper sharp - the way I saw it, TB was going to the perceived safety blanket rather than actually reading the game in front of him. I know that has partly been on the O-Line not being top notch which causes things to be rushed etc., but Brady at his best handles that fairly well.

I've come to accept that the defensive side will be adequate at best this season. I thought HT would find that extra bit of explosiveness as the season goes on and it hasn't really happened, players like Guy and Van Noy are solid, do their job for the most part, but are jut not that top shelf wrecker type of setup that some of the other top teams have (Flowers on the pass rush aside - he's the bomb this season). The secondary feels step up from last year, so that's great - but it is what it is. It's not going to hold better teams to ordinary scores - which means it's about Brady and the offence getting it done which I can see happening.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back