Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Newhouse is so bad. The problem is he isn't comically bad like a Nathan Peterman, he is just, how the hell are you a professional bad

There are so many obese people in America, just pick any one of them to replace him

Half suspected we’d drop today given our inconsistencies both sides of the ball & the fact they had the 2 weeks to prepare for us.

Defending a good run game & a QB with a duel threat was always going to be a handful & they had us cold for the most part. Good to see there were signs of adjustments, but really felt the Edelman fumble & recovery TD handed all momentum back to them.

Last edited:

Started poorly, came back into it, let in some soft TDs and ended poorly. Brady didn't seem on, didn't seem to have targets all game. s**t happens. Was probably a loss that was coming and it's not the worst thing to happen as you can get far too complacent.
You can thank Robert Kraft for releasing the All World WR we had and subsequently, killing the team's ability to improve at the trade deadline thanks to financial constraints.

You can thank Robert Kraft for releasing the All World WR we had and subsequently, killing the team's ability to improve at the trade deadline thanks to financial constraints.

I'll thank him with a handy.

Brown only has himself to blame for being cut. The right decision was made.

We won a Super Bowl 10 months ago with little more than we have now, the team is fine. You can't win every game

Brown only has himself to blame for being cut. The right decision was made.

We won a Super Bowl 10 months ago with little more than we have now, the team is fine. You can't win every game
No, Brown doesn't have himself to blame. If you hadn't noticed, the media hoopla has died down, nothing, nadda, zilch. Bob, like he always does, capitulated to perceived pressure and hamstrung the team.

Last year, the team won a Super Bowl because it had Rob Gronkowski.

No, Brown doesn't have himself to blame. If you hadn't noticed, the media hoopla has died down, nothing, nadda, zilch. Bob, like he always does, capitulated to perceived pressure and hamstrung the team.

Last year, the team won a Super Bowl because it had Rob Gronkowski.

I believe there's been stuff out there, just not in the NFL so not bubbling to the top of the news feed. Reports the Seahawks had a good look at him and went with Gordon instead - that tells you something, AB is infinitely the better player if all you want is ability.

Anyway, is AB going to win us that game? Maybe, but I doubt it. WR targets weren't the biggest issue. That O line early, oh my, they are crap (though they got better) but McDaniels sorted the game plan out and the O were better for a bit there.

The problem was sloppy un-Patriot stuff especially early and a D that couldn't stop the run and then inability to hold out in the red zone ... and yeah, the Edelman fumble :'( - that was the killer.

Not sure if teams like the Pats need wake-up calls, you'd think they're beyond that - but if they want one, this would be it. That D can stop drinking its own bathwater now. I mean, I still rate our D, but when they faced a really well coach team with a well laid out game plan, not to mention that freak QB - it all came back to earth.

Last edited:
I believe there's been stuff out there, just not in the NFL so not bubbling to the top of the news feed. Reports the Seahawks had a good look at him and went with Gordon instead - that tells you something, AB is infinitely the better player if all you want is ability.

Anyway, is AB going to win us that game? Maybe, but I doubt it. WR targets weren't the biggest issue. That O line early, oh my, they are crap (though they got better) but McDaniels sorted the game plan out and the O were better for a bit there.

The problem was sloppy un-Patriot stuff especially early and a D that couldn't stop the run and then inability to hold out in the red zone ... and yeah, the Edelman fumble :'( - that was the killer.

Not sure if teams like the Pats need wake-up calls, you'd think they're beyond that - but if they want one, this would be it. That D can stop drinking its own bathwater now. I mean, I still rate our D, but when they faced a really well coach team with a well laid out game plan, not to mention that freak QB - it all came back to earth.
It's not about AB helping to win the game it's about the hypocritical Robert Kraft taking a principled position and torpedoing the team's ability to improve the roster. Also, it's somewhat embarrassing the team couldn't defend a simple RPO college offence. Perhaps the Eagles exposed a weakness in the Super Bowl because the Ravens didn't do anything extraordinary.

The supporting skill position players and Offensive Line was considerably better then than now.

For two years, we've known OL and TE would be problematic. Outside of injuries, the Pats have replaced gold with mud.
The OL is almost exactly the same (minus Andrew's injury) from Super Bowl 51 and 53, the only change is Trent Brown out for Newhouse. Once we get Wynn back into LT, then it is almost a non-issue.

TE is certainly an issue, but replacing Gronk was almost impossible, even last year when he was clearly cooked his blocking was a huge asset.

The OL is almost exactly the same (minus Andrew's injury) from Super Bowl 51 and 53, the only change is Trent Brown out for Newhouse. Once we get Wynn back into LT, then it is almost a non-issue.

TE is certainly an issue, but replacing Gronk was almost impossible, even last year when he was clearly cooked his blocking was a huge asset.
The OL is NOT ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME. Two-thirds of a five man line (plus their backups) are different and despite his obvious talent, Wynn hasn't proven he can stay healthy.

As for Gronk, spot on. We're also missing Dwayne Allen. Both players were tremendous in their blocking and it's no wonder the run game is struggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugly win, but against a great defense, with our offense being poo, you'd take it any day.

Thank god Wynn is back next week, hopefully we can have a bit of a running game. 3 more tough games coming up. If we can go 2-1 and be sitting at 11-2, then we will be in a great position for that #1 seed.

Ugly win, but against a great defense, with our offense being poo, you'd take it any day.

Thank god Wynn is back next week, hopefully we can have a bit of a running game. 3 more tough games coming up. If we can go 2-1 and be sitting at 11-2, then we will be in a great position for that #1 seed.
Team is in a serious funk right now. That said, the NFL is legislating unwatchable games with their ridiculous penalties.

Nice to be back in the winners circle.

A win away against Philli I am happy with that.

That said B.B. has some serious wrinkles to smooth out if we are going to be a genuine contender , as things have become scratchy the last month.

Even that international backup FB would’ve been handy. Such a bummer.

I’m pretty “meh” on yesterday’s win. More happy to bank another road win, offensive struggles aside. I didn’t think we’d win it all last year so I’m certainly not writing them off yet. Betting it all on Wynn seems a bit ridiculous given he has played less than one game in more than 1.5 years on the roster, but that’s the position we are in.

Shocking conditions, which played to our strength of D. Good to see Michel grind away for 90 odd & Harry get his first TD. Thought Meyers also stepped up in the absence of Sanu/Dorsett.

Folk missing those 2 FG before HT didn’t help matters either. Granted conditions were tough, but he worries me.

Very scrappy win.

But a win is a win.

Can’t see this Offense going all the way.

Let’s be honest it’s the D line in all its dominance that’s keeping us as a contender, with out their spectacular work we would be a very bog average team.

Very scrappy win.

But a win is a win.

Can’t see this Offense going all the way.

Let’s be honest it’s the D line in all its dominance that’s keeping us as a contender, with out their spectacular work we would be a very bog average team.
Who here isn't pleased rub 'n' tug Robert took a principled position and handcuffed the offence? The sooner he pisses off and lets Jonathan in, the better.

It's a strange thing, watching an impotent New England O. Thanks goodness for D/ST.

I actually feel pretty good about the win - horrible conditions, thin at WR and who knows how bad the elbow injury is/was. Despite all that, you get the run game going and beat a handy side (and could've been more if not a couple of missed FGs).

Split the next two games and we're looking good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back